☆☆☆☆ Official G.o.D Jewels Thread *XXL Freshman Campaign. #ReasonableMatic 9-21-2011* ☆☆

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

"L.A. To Chicago" is AMAZING... EVERYthing on that track is perfect...

pimp.gif
Just so smooth. Tape has been on repeat.

^ David Simons interview...

I'm less tense when I'm behind less tints
Them _'s seein my face is my best investment
But it makes less sense

My _!!!! Thats too real for them to comprehend G
smh.gif
pimp.gif

20 of em`
... And I Aint Even Stone!

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
YungSatellite.

The person two posts above your first post concerning J-Diction.

hence the o_0 or did I do it wrong? ....... right?! I'm outta here.

Originally Posted by YungSatellite

But it makes less sense

Jewels is like an Ogre, son got layers

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

But it makes less sense

ummmmm.... Yea he's extremely well developed...

BUT...

That was Illi who said that on his feature

The way the beat switch-up when Dom come in on "L.A. to Chicago"
smh.gif

No Gas, the production is so smooth on this tape, I'll eventually catch up on the lyrics, but the overall theme of this tape is solid.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

NT/Twitter love is immense right now...
laugh.gif

I just wanna thank every last one of y'all for being patient over the past couple years and sticking with a N'. (pause)

Questions? Comments? Lemme hear em.

I'm listenin right now... As a fellow artist I'm deffinetly excited for this... I'm 5 tracks in, I must say G.o.D Jewels, Dom & The Boy Illinois have set the bar high for us fellow NT artists... Hopefully the spirit of competition will produce more solid releases...

ANYway...

What was the MOST difficult song on the album to record??

What's your favorite joint??

If there was ONE thing you could change about the recording process of this album, what would it be??

What was the MOST frustrating part of having to wait longer then you wanted to to release this project??

ANY interesting stories??

Congrats my N...

I'm goin put my Ns @ work on to this...

Whadown wit it Nay. The most difficult songs to write/record were Heathens and Ain't No Way. Heathens because it's hard to take a look in the mirror soto speak and be critical of your own people. Ain't No Way because of the unorthodox stop/start flow all while trying to stay on beat. It was also difficultfinding someone to sing the vocals on that. By the way, It was more inspired by 03 Kanye flow/beats (Hence that line), But I can see the My 1st Song comparisontoo.

My personal favorite song is tied between Word Play/One Can Win/3-2 Gang/L.A. To Chicago. But that can change any given day.

The most frustrating part about the waiting was only being able to hang my hat on a few 1000-bar freestyles and random songs (In the eyes of the people/NT). Idid *@%% like How To Rap and Royalty because I was so intent on wanting dudes to know that I could spit crazy, Which was cool, But backfired because I wasboxed into this "punchline" rapper category. So imagine the frustration of sitting on all this material knowing what you're capable of and havinga select few cats looking at you like you're one-dimensional. I feel vindicated now that I have a body of work to be able to point to in case somebody elsemakes the unfortunate mistake of trying to box me into a certain lane.

Appreciate the congrats, As far as interesting stories, One comes to mind. After recording 3-2 Gang, Dicition admitted to me that she wasn't sure that thesong would come out sounding right. Imagine that? We took the song straight from the stu to the block and had N's losing their mind. Not having faith inyour flow FTL.

And yea, Put as many people on this as you can, It's appreciated. You can't buy word-of-mouth. As far as hard copies, Sosa supposed do a limited runfor labels/A&R's and just people who support and want a copy.

I'm working on Greatness Opens Doors right now, And State is working on Inhale Pt. 2: Loyalty Before The Love.

Also, Shouts to ebeatz, Because he dedicated countless man hours to mix this *@%%, And the tape wouldn't have been possible with out him honestly.

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

As far as hard copies, Sosa supposed do a limited run for labels/A&R's and just people who support and want a copy.
Sos....Jewels.

I'ma need that bro.

nerd.gif

Whadiagonal.

Sos just told me something like 500 copies. That's more than enough to take care of everybody. we'll see though.

Brav', you'd be surprised at how fast 500 copies can go. Esp when _'s you know personally gon' ask for multiples. And you gotta hold down thisperson and that person, etc, etc.

But regardless if I get one or not.

Good work you tart.

pimp.gif

all this damn Chicago Lingo.
laugh.gif

I gotta watch like 10 episodes of Gangland on history channel just to catch up

ok Black P stones - check
GDs - check
Vice Lords - check
Folk Nation - check

Ok Im Locked in!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

But it makes less sense

roll.gif

Sos....Jewels.

I'ma need that bro.

nerd.gif

Whadiagonal.

No doubt my dude we working on that right to get em pressed up. Like this very second, No worries (Even though i know how thirsty ___'s want multiples
laugh.gif
). I just need a few to take up to these labels and these A&R'si know.

No features on this tape were weak @ all. EVERYONE went in. I run back everyone's verses that was featured on it
pimp.gif

ILLINOIS TAPE GONNA BE A PROBLEM
sick.gif
smh.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom