¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

A Heads up for spring practices, scrimmages, spring games, depth chart changes, off season conditioning and workouts, team ruleviolations and run ins with the law

on the Tennessee front
Tennessee's players got tired of seeing their names pop up for all the wrong reasons. Frustrated with a string of off-the-field incidents earlier this year, some senior players drafted a written contract and gathered their teammates to quash the problems.

That meeting came even before head coach
Phillip Fulmer imposed a mandatory, 11 p.m. curfew that remains in effect.

"We all met as a team, just as a team, and a couple of guys, Arian and Ramon Foster, handed out something before the coaches even assigned a curfew," said sophomore quarterback
Nick Stephens. "We signed something stating that we would be in our place at 11 o'clock, and if we got caught out, we would be fined money out of our scholarship checks.

"So, I don't know if it was that or just the reason we knew we couldn't get in trouble again, but obviously we haven't gotten in trouble since then and we plan to keep it that way."

G.Jones work on that release
F377997.jpg

Dee Morley Welcome back and wearing #7
F378000.jpg

Dennis Rogan is pencil'd in as 1st team FS. Its prolly just to get him a look.
but Im guessing EB is working at CB. either way
pimp.gif

Heralded redshirt freshman Caleb King looks more than ready to play. His speed to the corner is amazing and it looks as though he may live up to the enormous amount of hype he has received. King will see lots of playing time and right now is getting a lot of carries to prepare him. The idea of King and Knowshon Moreno in the backfield together should have Georgia fans salivating with anticipation. Moreno looks to already be in midseason form. Instead of coaching him, Coach Ball was using him as an example to the other runners. In this week's practice, he looks even faster and stronger than last year. And he has definitely come out as the team leader on offense. And defense. And probably special-teams.

sick.gif

(I see you, No Sho...)

FSU's spring practice starts tomorrow.....So pics etc will come later....

Word is that certain players are stepping it up so far (Mat Drills, workouts, etc)

Greg Carr (who changed numbers), Dekoda Watson, Christian Ponder (got a perfect score in Mat Drills
eek.gif
eek.gif
) ,Everette 'First Round' Brown, MarcusBall....etc (Thats all I remember at the moment)

Our 3 Early Enrolle's (Nigel Bradham, Vince Williams and Terrance Parks a.k.a 'T-Pain' have been getting rave reviews for their efforts and how inconditioned they are..

Nigel and Vince both benched over 400 and Power Cleaned 365...

Paul Griffin (525) and Budd Thacker (500) strongest players on the team...
smh.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif

Offensive Line has made MAJOR strides in the strength department....They lost so much weight last summer/season the lost muscle/strength and they are buildingit back up....

Preston Parker is working @ RB & WR

Jamie Robinson has officially made the switch to FS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Marcus Ball will work @ LB for the time being... (I don't care....Just keep this kid on the field at all times)
More to come later....

Originally Posted by jville819

What # did Carr change to

Player New Number-Old Number
Greg Carr [color= rgb(102, 0, 0)]18[/color]-89
Aaron Gresham 51-92
Brandon Paul 8-13

New Numbers

Player Number

Nigel Bradham 13
Terrance Parks 27
Shawn Powell 49
Vince Williams 46

New Positions

Player New Position-Old Position

Dumaka Atkins DL-OL
Kenny Ingram LB-S
Benjamin Lampkin DE-LB
Jamie Robinson FS-CB
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
( I really think.....(hope
embarassed.gif
) the kid is gonna do damage )

Spring Injury Report

OUT

Kendrick Stewart - Shoulder Surgery (right)
Michael Ray Garvin - Running Track

LIMITED

Mister Alexander - Knee
Richard Goodman - Ankle
Kevin McNeil - Shoulder
Neefy Moffett - Wrist
Marcus Sims - Ankle

2007 Redshirts

Dionte Allen
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Taiwan Easterling
Will Furlong
A.J. Ganguzza
Antwane Greeenlee
Aaron Gresham
Jamar Jackson
Brandon Paul
Bert Reed
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
PLAYMAKER
Cameron Wade

Originally Posted by DLo13

Heralded redshirt freshman Caleb King looks more than ready to play. His speed to the corner is amazing and it looks as though he may live up to the enormous amount of hype he has received. King will see lots of playing time and right now is getting a lot of carries to prepare him. The idea of King and Knowshon Moreno in the backfield together should have Georgia fans salivating with anticipation. Moreno looks to already be in midseason form. Instead of coaching him, Coach Ball was using him as an example to the other runners. In this week's practice, he looks even faster and stronger than last year. And he has definitely come out as the team leader on offense. And defense. And probably special-teams.

sick.gif

(I see you, No Sho...)

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Not cool....

SEC is gonna be real interesting next year...

¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) [emoji]169[/emoji]
nerd.gif
there's a plan behind this.
confused01.gif

not much to report from Camp Kentucky...

at pro day, Micah checked in at 242, 7% body fat, and ran a 4.68.

888%5C613696.jpg

and new uni's coming for next year.
pimp.gif

March 12, 2008

Eleven Illini football players spent their day taking written tests, getting their bodies weighed and measured and showing their strength, endurance, flexibility, speed, quickness and agility to a number of NFL scouts in attendance Wednesday at the annual Illinois Pro Timing Day at Memorial Stadium and the Irwin indoor practice facility. Russ Weil, Mike Ware, Justin Harrison, Kevin Mitchell, Anthony Thornhill, Justin Sanders, DaJuan Warren, Antonio Steele, Jason Reda and Chris Norwell, as well as junior Rashard Mendenhall, strutted their stuff, in hopes of getting their names called in the NFL draft near the end of April. Senior linebacker J Leman has such hopes as well, but did not participate in the activities, since he is recovering from ankle surgery. Every NFL team will have all the facts and figures at their disposal as the prepare their "war rooms" for draft day.

things lookin good.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Look like Tarzan, Play like Jane.

laugh.gif
that's exactly what Tubby once said about 'Buike.

another DJ reference....i hate you.
ohwell.gif

but Derrick Locke ran something in the 4.2's.

Sooo ready for this season
frown.gif

From the 6AM workouts/conditioning:
OSU_6ams_team_16.jpg

OSU_6ams_team_13.jpg

OSU_6ams_team_19.jpg

JamO is gonna beast this yr.
nerd.gif
(on the right)
OSU_6ams_team_40.jpg

Austin Spitler & Curtis Terry...

AND, Pryor supposable will not make any more visits and announce next wk...we'll see
grin.gif

Florida's spring practice starts Wednesday and the spring game is April 12th

At the Orange and Blue spring game there will be races with the students against the football players. I still don't know the format and who is the eligblesutudents but the student who beats the players get a football scholorship. The players the is in the races are Percy Harvin, Chris Rainey, Louis Murphy, andJustin Williams as of now.

We have 3 new coaches in the staff now. Dan McCarney (USF) is coaching the D-Line, Vance Bedford (Michigan) CBs, and Kenny Carter (Vanderbilt) RBs.

There will be fierce competing going on this spring with our roster being the deepest its been since Meyer's arrival.

Cam Newton and John Brantley will be fighting to be the back-up QB. Cam has really turned it up during mat drills but still has Brantley coming up with himbeing the best passer on the team.

At running back Emmanuel Moody has the best shot of being the featured back. Mon Williams, Kestahn Moore, Chris Rainey, and Brandon James are the other RBs forspring.

The wide receivers is going to be very deep with Percy Harvin finally up to 200 lbs. Louis Murphy will be the 2nd starter with Riley Cooper, Deonte Thompson,and Justin Williams competing for the 3rd starting spot. Cornelius Ingram will be the tight end with Tate Casey and to compete to establish some depth.

The O-Line is deep with the Pouncey twins and Phil Trautwein(sp) leading the line. There are a few injuries but this will allow some of the younger guys tostep up and establish some depth. As of now James Wilson is still on campus and but is injured. I'm not sure if he is going to leave or stay for springpractice.

I'll do the Defense later if anybody is interested.

At running back Emmanuel Moody has the best shot of being the featured back. Mon Williams, Kestahn Moore, Chris Rainey, and Brandon James are the other RBs for spring.

sick.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by FlaHustler1024

The wide receivers is going to be very deep with Percy Harvin finally up to 200 lbs. Louis Murphy will be the 2nd starter with Riley Cooper, Deonte Thompson, and Justin Williams competing for the 3rd starting spot. Cornelius Ingram will be the tight end with Tate Casey and to compete to establish some depth.
You talking about his bench or his weight???

Percy @ 200 lbs????

I'll believe it when I see it....

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Nigel and Vince both benched over 400 and Power Cleaned 365...
them boys on they J.O.B.
pimp.gif

Yep..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hustler didn't Brantley injure his shoulder? I think Cam Newton has a bright future. Hopefully Justin Williams and Deonte Thompson get some burn this year.Isn't UF's Spring Game going to be on ESPN.

Harvin @ 200lbs that may = more carries, hope he doesn't lose a step with the extra weight. It may actually help dude trips over his own feet alot.

What is going to happen to Dr. Rolle now that Robinson has moved to FS?

Gunna do you think Tenn QB job is Crompton's to lose? What type of spread will UT run, zone read or Hawaii/Texas Tech pass happy? Whatever happened to theWR Slick Shelley? Will Ben Martin be a starter on the DL?

Michigan spring practice started yesterday. Not much happening but players getting into the offense. Simple mistakes were made as expected but less than whatRich thought would happen. Spring and Summer are going to be key for EVERYBODY. He basically has everybody out there running with 1st or 2nd groups.

I would say the DL is the only not to change. Jamison and Graham look in great shape. Will Johnson did 465lbs 5 times and Justin Boren almost got it up 5times. Taylor didn't bench because of a shoulder problem.

Grady did 225lbs 28 times last week as well. He Carlos Borwn and Brandon Minor look to be in incredible shape. RB is deep and will see about 5 or 6 guys runthe ball. Avery Horn is faaaaast. True frosh Michael Shaw just ran a 21.49 200 to win the state title then ran a 7.1 60m to grab 5th. This kid can move at195lbs. He could be another guy to come in and get carries or play the slot.

Brandon Herron and Marrell Evans could be 2 RS Frosh to watch out for going after a spot in the LB corps. Brandon Herron is a beast. I am excited about him. Hecame into Michigan at about 205 last summer and is up to 240 right now and is one of the strongest kids on the team. 400lb bench press.

Carson Butler and Martell Webb are said to be 2 VERY athletic TEs and are doing a lot of work in the slot. They might be the key to the season. Both look to beflying around at 6-5 with Webb at 240 and Butler at 255. But may be the most athletic kid on the team. Just needs to get his head right.

Freshman WR Darryl Stonum is flying off the LOS and is super fast. Toney Clemons is walking around looking Braylon Edwards-sized. This kid did a ton of work inthe weight room along with GMat. Losing Marion and Adrian is going to hurt but the talent is there for these guys to soften that blow.

The OLine needs to get used to the no-huddle and get into great shape. Barwis has told everybody that winter was just the start and the rest of the offseasonis going to be just as much of a struggle. They want to have the best conditioned team in the nation so they can impose their will in the 4th. Last years teamall had guts. Looking at early pictures, certain guys are going to be much better on the field just because they are better conditioned. Mike Barwis might bethe unsung hero if this team can produce on the field at a high level of energy.

Donovan Warren is a lockdown corner. No doubt about it. He will play the wide side and Trent will have the short side. That much has beend determined. Lots ofpress coverage and the safeties look big and fast. I just hope they learn how to take angles and tackle.

Should have a lot of news from the spring practices.

Back
Top Bottom