Zoom Kobe VI Review Thread Vol. Better than the V?

hooped in them 4 times. i still see no sign of the shoe breaking in. shoe slips on dusty court, insole doesn't look molded, still feels very tight/stiff. how do i know if a shoe is hugging foot snuggly in a good way or if it is too tight? my right foot feels kinda restricted but when i put my hand and squeeeze, thre is room. the shoe limits my foot from spreading out the toes like i usually do with my oversized ball shoes. hope it isn't damaging my toes

hooped in them 4 times. i still see no sign of the shoe breaking in. shoe slips on dusty court, insole doesn't look molded, still feels very tight/stiff. how do i know if a shoe is hugging foot snuggly in a good way or if it is too tight? my right foot feels kinda restricted but when i put my hand and squeeeze, thre is room. the shoe limits my foot from spreading out the toes like i usually do with my oversized ball shoes. hope it isn't damaging my toes

th3answ3r-
how long are you going? and how hard?
with the majority of my VIs i actually wore them outside a bit to kind of grind down the outsole
then i'd go hoop in them, well shooting workouts, quick runs... making sure i get cuts and turns in
i took about 4-6 hours to break each of my VI's in.

th3answ3r-
how long are you going? and how hard?
with the majority of my VIs i actually wore them outside a bit to kind of grind down the outsole
then i'd go hoop in them, well shooting workouts, quick runs... making sure i get cuts and turns in
i took about 4-6 hours to break each of my VI's in.

2  1.5 hour sessions just shooting and one pick up game.
2  2 hour sessions i was practicing cutting and i couldn't get off my man because when i pushed off the ground, it slided at least 1 foot long
havent balled h.a.m. the outsole hasn't really grinded yet since i only play on hardwood.
various hours in my hardwood basement doing air alert; really jumping on one spot a couple thousand times not really running

sidenote: theres a slight brown bruise like mark on my right smallest toe but it doesn't hurt.  i realize that in my right foot, a lot of pressure is put on the small toe.  however if i wear it barefoot or even take out the insole with socks on, it is much bigger than my foot. 

2  1.5 hour sessions just shooting and one pick up game.
2  2 hour sessions i was practicing cutting and i couldn't get off my man because when i pushed off the ground, it slided at least 1 foot long
havent balled h.a.m. the outsole hasn't really grinded yet since i only play on hardwood.
various hours in my hardwood basement doing air alert; really jumping on one spot a couple thousand times not really running

sidenote: theres a slight brown bruise like mark on my right smallest toe but it doesn't hurt.  i realize that in my right foot, a lot of pressure is put on the small toe.  however if i wear it barefoot or even take out the insole with socks on, it is much bigger than my foot. 

yeah grind it out a bit by wearing them casually outside
that'll help a bit then just run games... do shooting workouts well i guess individual move workuts
make sure u use the whole court or whole half of the court
its just a matter of wear and tear and time.

yeah grind it out a bit by wearing them casually outside
that'll help a bit then just run games... do shooting workouts well i guess individual move workuts
make sure u use the whole court or whole half of the court
its just a matter of wear and tear and time.

what i want to know is how kobe bryant plays on the court.  im sure his shoes are brand new every game yet he doesn't slip.  is it the sticky mat that makes the difference?

what i want to know is how kobe bryant plays on the court.  im sure his shoes are brand new every game yet he doesn't slip.  is it the sticky mat that makes the difference?

I have to say, again, I wore these straight from the box to the court, indoor, and had not one issue of slipping, either traction or heel. Two guys in my league team went last week and bought a pair of black/reds on the way to the game, brought straight from car to gym, and neither had any issue at all. I can't say how you play, or cut, or how the floor is, but I am having a hard time thinking it is the shoes.

I have to say, again, I wore these straight from the box to the court, indoor, and had not one issue of slipping, either traction or heel. Two guys in my league team went last week and bought a pair of black/reds on the way to the game, brought straight from car to gym, and neither had any issue at all. I can't say how you play, or cut, or how the floor is, but I am having a hard time thinking it is the shoes.

played on 3 courts. i slipped on the court that i go on saturdays. possibly wet floor, or some disturbance idk. the shoe is fine on my basement, the community centre, and some other place. there is zero slip and it stops immediately.

played on 3 courts. i slipped on the court that i go on saturdays. possibly wet floor, or some disturbance idk. the shoe is fine on my basement, the community centre, and some other place. there is zero slip and it stops immediately.

yeah it really has to do with the maintenance of the floor/gym...
at the gym back home where i lift i'll shoot around a bit but there's so much condensation due to the windows and closed court i slip everywhere

yeah it really has to do with the maintenance of the floor/gym...
at the gym back home where i lift i'll shoot around a bit but there's so much condensation due to the windows and closed court i slip everywhere

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by Holiday

For Basketball: V >VI

For Everyday use: VI > V

I totally agree

The only reason the VI feels better is the insole but if you put another insole in the Kobe V it feels much better

the VI's are better, but the VI insole in the V's is 
pimp.gif

the V insoles suck, they give me callus' on my feet. 

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by Holiday

For Basketball: V >VI

For Everyday use: VI > V

I totally agree

The only reason the VI feels better is the insole but if you put another insole in the Kobe V it feels much better

the VI's are better, but the VI insole in the V's is 
pimp.gif

the V insoles suck, they give me callus' on my feet. 

I've been playing outdoors on a very dirty court and also indoors. so far I really like
the traction not as much as the IV but I don't feel anything worth complaining about...
I'd say right around 10 games with like 2 of the games outdoors, you should have your
6s pretty much broken in.

as for kobe, his shoes are brand new, sticky mat and nba floors are clean as hell. it would
be impossible I think to slip. But as we've seen, kobe and a few others have lost their
shoe mid dribble or while pushing off meaning the molding hasn't really taken place.
If I were kobe, I'd play in a single shoe for like 7-10 games...

I've been playing outdoors on a very dirty court and also indoors. so far I really like
the traction not as much as the IV but I don't feel anything worth complaining about...
I'd say right around 10 games with like 2 of the games outdoors, you should have your
6s pretty much broken in.

as for kobe, his shoes are brand new, sticky mat and nba floors are clean as hell. it would
be impossible I think to slip. But as we've seen, kobe and a few others have lost their
shoe mid dribble or while pushing off meaning the molding hasn't really taken place.
If I were kobe, I'd play in a single shoe for like 7-10 games...

i noticed some blisters/ open/cut skin under the toes. are my kobes too small, it is a little snug for my toes? i can take out the insole but the shoe becomes much bigger than my foot

Back
Top Bottom