Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

I really have been wanting to make an ID pair but the only thing holding me back is the poorly executed kobe logos on the tongue. Am I the only person who thinks this? Also, which kobe logo looks the best on the tongue?

Poison green, volt, and atomic teal comes out nice because of the white contrast. Others are a toss up, it depends what color tongue it goes with.

Poison green, volt, and atomic teal comes out nice because of the white contrast. Others are a toss up, it depends what color tongue it goes with.
I see, yeah I really like the atomic teal from the rendered photo. Was thinking of a nice colorway to use with it. Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

I really have been wanting to make an ID pair but the only thing holding me back is the poorly executed kobe logos on the tongue. Am I the only person who thinks this? Also, which kobe logo looks the best on the tongue?

my white one doesnt look bad. best ive seen out of all the ones posted too

When you mean which looks best, are you talking about color?  If so, it really depends on what you like and what the color of your upper is.  With my 3 iDs, I have one with white, one team red and one stadium grey.  I think I like the white the best of the three.

Personally don't think any of them are that great, they are all fairly plain. 
Yeah the color and also how it looks. I noticed some purple and black ones just look like a blob.. no real detail to it. I was just curious as to which ones would come out looking the cleanest. Thanks for your input.

I got dark grey and the shokuzu is so dope it's glittery kinda and the swoosh came out nice but the logo was terrible. I wish I could have someone customize it to pink and poison green to compliment the rest of the shoe because I love the design

Got shipment confirmation on Monday for my IDs. These will be the first pair of IDs I have ever ordered. Ordered was placed on 8/25 so not too bad of a wait. Can't wait to see how they come out!

Got shipment confirmation on Monday for my IDs. These will be the first pair of IDs I have ever ordered. Ordered was placed on 8/25 so not too bad of a wait. Can't wait to see how they come out!
Same as you, but 1 day behind. I ordered on 8/26 and it's scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. FIFO

I made a little discovery: the Kobe 8 insert is still available on the NikeID site.

Google Kobe 8 insert and there it appears.

If this was alrealy known, pretend like you didn't read this.

For what it's worth, thought I'd let you guys know I returned my Pink Graffiti IDs at my local nike outlet.

The manager and the other employees laughed the entire time about how horrific the quality was.

Also, I played in them for sh^ts and giggles, cause you can wear them and still return them, and the shoes weren't even stitched/glued together correctly. The way they would pull and turn my feet was completely different than my other 4 GR pairs.

Truly, truly, truly pathetic. 

If the Kobe 8 wasn't hands down the best shoe for my ankles (for some reason I have a tough time turning my ankles over in the 8) then I would stop purchasing them asap and switch from NIKE. What a complete joke of a company.

late response, but how does the translucent sole compare in terms of traction? i know clear soles in the past have always had less grip in other shoes.

if anyone cares to chime in?
Traction is the exact same. In terms of wear, which would wear faster, I would probably say it's still the exact same.

Last edited:
sh it ... $40-$60... i remember some 7s went on sale at retailers for like $50-$60... plus coupons somtimes

Last edited:
What's up guys, Obviously these aren't the best pictures so sorry about that, but I just wanted to post some pics of my id's that came in last weekend. I'm ecstatic with how they turned out

I got a notice concerning the Lebron X IDs about 6 days in advance before they will take down the IDs,

will that be the same for the Kobe 8? If yes then I will make myself an amnesty version before they are taken down as well!

sorry, I mixed up the amnesties and inlines!

Of course I will only make it, if the real inlines have not been announced until then!

those are dope, I just wish the pink was darker and brighter throughout the pattern like it is on the heel, I would def considering ordering those

Live shot of the pit viper upper
Ya Volt looks good!..especially like how the tongue is black and not the same as the upper......also that Laker Graffiti colorway isnt to shabby aswell!

I personally made 2 "Pit Viper" IDs....Black upper, White mid-sole/White sole, Yellow swoosh, Purple liner, basically tried goin like the "Amnesties" except all White sole, and the other colorway i made was the "homes" version with the all White upper!...cant wait to get em! ordered on 9-10-13, 1st day of new upper "Pit Viper"

strawberry shortcake theme!!

vs

vs

Back
Top Bottom