• V

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • VI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VII

• Total voters
Been trying to find a pair of Vs for something somewhat reasonable since Saturday morning..., dudes act like they have some PEs or samples with these prices. I've never paid that kind of money on ANY shoe. I'm not about to now just because of this overhyped pack that really means nothing to the mans career.

I'm giving myself a couple more days, practicing a lil more self control on what I'm willing to spend, and if nothing.... I'm giving up. I don't need em that bad. I hope dudes enjoy their new found Kobe collection.
The consumers determine the resell value not the resellers. So many people have it twisted.

Been trying to find a pair of Vs for something somewhat reasonable since Saturday morning..., dudes act like they have some PEs or samples with these prices. I've never paid that kind of money on ANY shoe. I'm not about to now just because of this overhyped pack that really means nothing to the mans career.

I'm giving myself a couple more days, practicing a lil more self control on what I'm willing to spend, and if nothing.... I'm giving up. I don't need em that bad. I hope dudes enjoy their new found Kobe collection.
The consumers determine the resell value not the resellers. So many people have it twisted.
When dudes are asking $799 on eBay, and won't even respond to a realistic offer.....

I know it's our descison to buy or not, but it's getting out of hand.

@ag23  Pure sex!

@glassankles  any luck with the V?
My 5s coming tomorrow !!

smokin.gif

I got my prelude 4s and 5s and took some fire pics aha so happy!! Can't wait for the 6s, I wanna get the wtk 8s, but they seem kinda clowny, anyone catch eyes while rocking em or too many resellers in this thread

roll.gif

I got my prelude 4s and 5s and took some fire pics aha so happy!! Can't wait for the 6s, I wanna get the wtk 8s, but they seem kinda clowny, anyone catch eyes while rocking em or too many resellers in this thread

roll.gif
Honestly I got the WTK cause it would make a great trade offer  especially with all the recent big releases...(and the $140 price tag lol)

...as for the shoe itself..its fugly and uncomfortable...the 8s are terrible...

4,5,6 is a must have...

Last edited:

Honestly I got the WTK cause it would make a great trade offer  especially with all the recent big releases...(and the $140 price tag lol)

4,5,6 is a must have...
Finally someone talking some sense, idk why resell so high on wtk, it is wayyyy too hyped, not even worth $30 in my oponion literally just fabric and colors thrown on some cheap lunarlon

4,5,6 is a must have...
Finally someone talking some sense, idk why resell so high on wtk, it is wayyyy too hyped, not even worth $30 in my oponion literally just fabric and colors thrown on some cheap lunarlon
...and the preludes are worth $200 because?

You can't even compare preludes with wtk 8, one they are part of history (retro), 2- They are pure sexiness, 3- They aren't all kobe 8s :wink:, 4- You can actually wear each one of them with an outfit that matches overall, 5- They all are much more comfortable as a result of being kobe 1-8, not just wtk 8s, and are finer material

You can't even compare preludes with wtk 8, one they are part of history (retro), 2- They are pure sexiness, 3- They aren't all kobe 8s :wink:, 4- You can actually wear each one of them with an outfit that matches overall, 5- They all are much more comfortable as a result of being kobe 1-8, not just wtk 8s, and are finer material
Oooohhh. :rolleyes

It's obvious why they're worth $200....

The patch inside....
:smokin

i saw it 45 seconds after you posted it. i clicked it was gone. Would have copped. damn.

The seller's feedback raises red flags, though. He sold Oregon Foams and Prelude 1s and received negative feedback for both transactions.

Honestly, no shoe should be priced that high...but there is def. value behind each shoe...(not money wise)

Also, seems like there is much more detail work and design that went into the Prelude series than the WTK..

Sooner or later all shoes are gonna cost about that price if not higher...look at the Lebrons and Foams...

Jordans are getting closer and closer to the $200 mark as well...

Not sure if this was posted, but there was a Q&A with Gentry Humphrey and he spoke about Kobe Prelude's and more Kobe retro's coming out soon.

Full article:

http://www.modern-notoriety.com/2014/01/07/exclucity-dix30-grand-opening-recap-w-gentry-humphrey/

Kobe portion for the lazy folk:

Will [other countries] get the Kobe Prelude Pack?

The Prelude pack is a super, super tight pack, but I really don’t know. But what I will tell you is that there is a plan after the Prelude Pack to bring back a couple of retro Kobe’s.

Are the Kobe 9’s coming out in a low cut version as well?

Yes.

Back to Kobe–were there any other Jordan samples that he used to wear before he got his line made for him?

Yes, so that whole thing…Kobe was leaving adidas and in his contract in leaving adidas, they said that he couldn’t wear any one shoe for more than a three game period. we didn’t know at the time if Kobe was going to the Jordan side or with Nike, so what we did was both Nike Basketball and Jordan, and since [the adidas exit contract said] he can’t wear any one shoe for more than three games, we’ll just have a bunch of shoes ready for him. And with JB, which was where I was at the time, we did a 3, a 7, a 8, and a 9 which he never wore.

Back
Top Bottom