Zero Dark Thirty Vol: The Hunt for Osama bin Laden

The dialogue at times was cheesy, "I'm the MFer that found the compound".

The way I saw it, they were trying to show how she really got stuck into that world right after high school. So she did all her growing up and maturing in that roughneck frat house, and that was their way of telling you..even though she's older, she has no idea how to act in the real world. Not like her boy, who puts on a suit, gets a haircut and wipes away all the ugly of Pakistan like it never happened.

But what's left of this girl is plenty of evidence of what happened there.

There was no emotional connection to her friend that got blew up at the base so it was just like, whatever.

View media item 239351
Then she was everywhere in the movie. She's at the Marriott during the bombing, she's with the navy seals, she's in the rooms torturing people. I'm surprised they didn't have her go to the compound with the navy seals and kill Bin Laden.

Well...it happens over 10 years, and it's about following this one woman who really did and went through most of this, from the beginning to the end. I think some of the middle was reaching, yeah, but the rest...I bought it.

I saw it last Friday and this movie sucked.  That acting was okay, and but it was just too long and drawn out with no enough to truly capture the audience in between time.  Even the compound scene at the end could have been ALOT better, which was the highlight of the movie.  Also, it felt like they were trying to make this movie about one person.  I never heard about her or her role in helping find Bin Laden until this movie.

[h1]Osama Bin Laden Shooter Reveals What ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ Got Wrong[/h1]Posted on Monday, February 11th, 2013 by Angie Han

Zero-Dark-Thirty1-550x313.jpg

It’s a given that any film “based on a true story” will harbor several inaccuracies, from minor factual errors to wholesale fabrications. But perhaps because it’s based on such recent events, Kathryn Bigelow‘s Zero Dark Thirty has attracted more than its fair share of controversy over its portrayal of the hunt for Osama bin Laden. Some have decried its use of artistic license, others have commended it for its attention to detail, still others have wondered if Bigelow knew too much, and so on.

Now a guy who should really know what he’s talking about is weighing in on the issues. In a new interview, the SEAL Team 6 member who actually shot and killed the terrorist leader offers his two cents regarding Zero Dark Thirty‘s relationship to real-life events. In a nutshell: “They Hollywooded it up some.” Hit the jump to keep reading.

The comments come from Esquire‘s in-depth profile of “The Shooter,” as he’s called throughout the article. “It was fun to watch,” he says of Zero Dark Thirty. “There was just little stuff. The helos turned the wrong way [toward the target], and they talked way, way too much [during the assault itself]. If someone was waiting for you, they could track your movements that way.”

In general, his biggest complaint seems to be that the characters were too chatty. The movie’s SEAL Team 6 converse on the helicopter ride over, where they would’ve remained silent in real life, and the actors yell to each other during the mission when a silent hand signal would’ve sufficed. (“Are you ******g kidding me? Shut up!” says the Shooter in response.) Plus, “When Osama went down, it was chaos, people screaming. No one called his name,” he notes.

Otherwise, his nitpicks are relatively minor, as when he calls the actors’ tattoos “horrible” or points out that it was a Belgian Malinois who went on the mission with them, not a German shepherd. And he’s very much on board with the “awesome” representation of “Maya,” the CIA agent whose drive spurred on the hunt for bin Laden. “They made her a tough woman, which she is,” he says.

The Shooter likely can’t speak to whether some of the film’s earlier scenes are true to life, but based on his comparisons it sounds like the climax was actually fairly accurate, as big Hollywood movies go. Contrast that to, say, the airport scene in Argo, which was created out of nowhere to ramp up the tension in the final act. To read the rest of Esquire‘s very worthwhile article, click here (h/t The Playlist).

I cant believe these guys are actually talking.

I know the "shooter" feels F!!!d over, but i cant believe they are talkin about this. Just one of those groups that id figure wouldnt break the "code"

^This.... I thought nobody knew who these guys even were. I dunno if 'the shooter' would come out of the woodworks just to poke holes in the final scene of this movie 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom