Zero Dark Thirty Vol: The Hunt for Osama bin Laden

Well, it is a movie...
Navy Seals are dead, no US sailors witnessed the "burial", numerous reports out of Pakistan said this "raid" even took place, and only "officials" are confirming this whole thing.
Nietzsche once said "People don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed."

You do know an operator who was there wrote a book on what happened right? Also the SEALs who were killed in the helicopter crash were part of a different team.

You do know an operator who was there wrote a book on what happened right? Also the SEALs who were killed in the helicopter crash were part of a different team.

Conspiracy theorists can't be rationalized with

Well, it is a movie...
Navy Seals are dead, no US sailors witnessed the "burial", numerous reports out of Pakistan said this "raid" even took place, and only "officials" are confirming this whole thing.
Nietzsche once said "People don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed."

Have you considered that this statement could also apply to what you are convinced to be the truth?

Saw the movie last night and thought it was awesome. Tense, edge of your seat and not a dull moment from beginning to end. Good job of making such a long, intricate story flow so well and easy to keep up with for all viewers.
OP; nice review. I know the film is about one CIA official's story but would like to know your thoughts on some of the important events that were omitted in the film i.e Iraq, although they did briefly mention the WMD affair. Maybe they didn't want to get to political but this just goes to show how Iraq had nothing to do with bin Laden. Also the numerous tapes that kept surfacing of bin Lade giving speeches were nowhere in the film. What about the wolf? What's his introduction scene supposed to mean??
I agree with you on lead actress and original screenplay but by no means was this "the best film of 2012 by a mile". Have you seen "The Master"??? That was pure art in motion. A few other great movies were released this year to claim that ZD30 was ahead by a mile.

As someone who is in military and spent my entire 8 year career working intelligence, only fools will believe anything portrayed in this film. What did or did not take place during that operation is classified to the highest levels. This is just another way for hollywood to cash on social media and giving people what they think is real.

As someone who is in military and spent my entire 8 year career working intelligence, only fools will believe anything portrayed in this film. What did or did not take place during that operation is classified to the highest levels. This is just another way for hollywood to cash on social media and giving people what they think is real.
Welcome to the Tin Foil Hat Club.  Membership is automatic when your views are different from that of Fox News.

Btw, saw this movie and TDKR is still MOTY...

I saw the one one Netflix thinking it was this one.
Pretty hard to say it's not propaganda.
this was a good live camera documentary I watched afterwards.
Doesn't really show the glamorous side of war like Hollywood can but it's good.
View media item 161612

Like this one, Battle for Haditha and Frontline: Rules of Engagement

but at the same time

Don't waste your time, NT is full of people who think 9/11 were missles and we never landed on the moon

still gonna watch this movie

Last edited:
By all means, go and watch the movie, just please do not base your opinions and views off of this movie or movies like it.

Most people on here bust nuts over Hurt Locker but I can tell you, as someone who was in Iraq during the time the movie represents, more than half of the movie is inaccurate.

i thought the movie was very good, and well done. it was more of a journalistic film cataloging events that led to the bin laden raid. i also liked how it wasn't overly " 'MURICA!!! " like all michael bay movies. but thats just imo.

i can see how military people will dispute this. they know the system better than civilians so they have every reason to call bs on this film. personally i need to look into what the source material was for this film.

I can't help but call Chris Pratt's character Burt Macklin
laugh.gif
Idk if I can take his character seriously. Bert Macklin will be replaying in my head, whenever he appears on the screen.

Just got back from a late showing. This movie was outstanding. As someone mentioned above it really is tense and thrilling all the way through and I highly recommend it. Kathryn Bigelow knocked it out of the park once again.

The ending scene was just :wow:

I go to the movies between 5 and 10 times a year, mostly because I only go to see movies that I anticipate on being good. This will be one of the ones I go see.

Zero Dark Thirty
Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Man of Steel
Pacific Rim
The Wolverine

Might make the list pending reviews:

Oz
World War Z
Oblivion

Back
Top Bottom