Yunel Escobar is the most skilled SS in the NL east

Hanley is and average defensive shortstop, Yunel is probably an above average defensive short my point is that it's not NEARLY enough of a difference tomakes up for the difference between them offensively, Hanley is a top 5 hitter in the game...Yunel is not on that level.

UZR rates Yunel over Hanley over there careers, Bill James plus minus system had Yunel as one of the best shorts in terms of range but again, it's notenough of a difference to pretend like Yunel belongs in the same statement.

Someone show me where i said " i play baseball, i know what im talking about"
grin.gif

yes i brought up that i have seen the best prospects in the country since i was 15 (which i have) but thats not the same thing as saying "since i playbaseball im right"

No way I would give the advantage to truth, dudes "homerism" is on another level. When his eyes fall in love with a player,
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nobody can compete w/ your usc fanboyism... you thought dwayne jarrett wasgonna be a problem
wink.gif

Yunel Escobar is a solid SS, but saying he is better than Hanley or more "complete".....
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yunel is a GREAT SS.. not solid.. great.. anyone who says otherwise hasn't seen him play much... just admit it, he hasn't been around longfor most of yall to see what kind of player he is

Hanley is and average defensive shortstop, Yunel is probably an above average defensive short my point is that it's not NEARLY enough of a difference to makes up for the difference between them offensively, Hanley is a top 5 hitter in the game...Yunel is not on that level.

UZR rates Yunel over Hanley over there careers, Bill James plus minus system had Yunel as one of the best shorts in terms of range but again, it's not enough of a difference to pretend like Yunel belongs in the same statement.

your a sheep.. first you said hanley had a better glove, now yunel is slightly better because UZR said so..
laugh.gif
your a joke.. im not responding to you anymore.. your another bright nikes..

Some of yall must be forgetting the importance of a great defensive SS w/ a CANNON

and he's nice at the plate.. not as nice as hanley, obviously.. But .300 avg. 25 hrs and 100+ rbi's are in yunel's future..

So call it what you want, but Esco will be in the same category as Hanley in the near future... Guaranteed

thats true and all but when has dude been wrong?
crickets...

How does Guzman not count? He's hit a tough stretch recently, but he should still count.
Dude was an All-Star last year (probably would'nt have been if every team had to have one but still.)
I'm not saying he should be up there with Hanley or Yunel, but he should definitely count.

Originally Posted by thetruth03

roll.gif
Son you speakin like a female now.

Hop the +@!% off.

.your a sheep.. first you said hanley had a better glove, now yunel is slightly better because UZR said so..
laugh.gif
THIS YEAR UZR rates Hanley as a better shortstop. Over the course of there career Yunel is rated as abetter short stop.

Yunel Escobar

[table][tr][th="col"]Season[/th] [th="col"]Team[/th] [th="col"]Pos[/th] [th="col"]RngR[/th] [th="col"]UZR[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]Braves[/td] [td]SS[/td] [td]-1.6[/td] [td]-0.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td]Braves[/td] [td]SS[/td] [td]6.6[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2009[/td] [td]Braves[/td] [td]SS[/td] [td]-1.6[/td] [td]-3.2[/td] [/tr][/table]

http://
Hanley Ramirez

[table][tr][th="col"]Season[/th] [th="col"]Team[/th] [th="col"]Pos[/th] [th="col"]RngR[/th] [th="col"]UZR[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]Marlins[/td] [td]SS[/td] [td]-1.0[/td] [td]-5.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]Marlins[/td] [td]SS[/td] [td]-13.1[/td] [td]-19.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td]Marlins[/td] [td]SS[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]-0.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2009[/td] [td]Marlins[/td] [td]SS[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]-0.9[/td] [/tr][/table]

But like I said with UZR it's better to record it over a 5 year period to get an idea about a players defense.

I'm not a sheep, I'm the opposite of sheep homie, I question EVERYTHING, you have to question everything to deal with advanced statistics, I am not aslave to baseball tradition, or "common knowledge", logic must be applied and facts are necessary to have opinions taken seriously.

The fact of the matter is I have empirical evidence, gathered with biased or emotion, you have nothing besides anecdotes and name calling. I can understand whyyou have nothing to respond with.
ohwell.gif

roll.gif
Son you speakin like a female now.

Hop the +@!% off.
You's a natural born dicc rider.. you already proved that to this entire forum

dont act brand new when i bring your name up..

How does Guzman not count? He's hit a tough stretch recently, but he should still count.
Dude was an All-Star last year (probably would'nt have been if every team had to have one but still.)
I'm not saying he should be up there with Hanley or Yunel, but he should definitely count.

i agree, guzman is nice...

No way I would give the advantage to truth, dudes "homerism" is on another level. When his eyes fall in love with a player,
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nobody can compete w/ your usc fanboyism... you thought dwayne jarrett was gonna be a problem
wink.gif

Still with that,
laugh.gif

Dwayne Jarrett was a problem, at USC
smokin.gif
. That is all I cared about, youalways tried to diminish his NCAA accomplishments by talking about his pro prospects/projections
laugh.gif
. Plus, I agreed with you about DJ getting jammed at the line of scrimmage,unlike you, it didn't diminish the fact that he was still
smokin.gif
at SC. As a Panther,
grin.gif

Yunel is better defensively, but you guys are talking about Hanley as if he is Dan Uggla with the glove. Hanley is average, nothing special, limited range. However, Hanley's bat is far more potent than Yunel, and Hanley is younger.

Defensively: Yunel>Hanley
Offensively: Hanley>>Yunel
Overall: Hanley>>Yunel

Your Atlanta Brave farm system "fanboyism" only competes with JaysforDays/JRain.

Yunel is better defensively, but you guys are talking about Hanley as if he is Dan Uggla with the glove. Hanley is average, nothing special, limited range. However, Hanley's bat is far more potent than Yunel, and Hanley is younger.

Defensively: Yunel>Hanley
Offensively: Hanley>>Yunel
Overall: Hanley>>Yunel

Your Atlanta Brave farm system "fanboyism" only competes with JaysforDays/JRain.

hanley is younger by one year, so thats not really relevant..

i already stated that hanley is the better hitter and yunel is the better fielder.. multiple times in the thread.. so i still dont even know what your saying

and name one other player to come out of the braves farm system that i've hyped other than andruw jones...

i'll wait...

You cant... so stop stuntin..
eyes.gif

im a realist, if someone of my favorite team is that real deal.. ima let it be known..

i dont ONLY hype players from my favorite team.. thats not even close to being true

Hanley is batting 40 points higher, has an OBP 40 points higher, a SLG % 80 points higher, has 40 more total bases, and an OPS 120 points higher. How canpeople honestly say "there isn't much of a difference" or "thats not that big of a gap"?

laugh.gif
I was hoping someone would bump this.
laugh.gif

can someone start an Official Trade Deadline thread. It's that time. I would but I'm on my phone.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Yunel is not on Hanleys level period and that's not taking anything away from Yunel.

there are only a handful of players that are as good as Hanley are, a HANDFUL.
Man knew what he was talking about.
pimp.gif

Yunel is not on Hanleys level period and that's not taking anything away from Yunel.

there are only a handful of players that are as good as Hanley are, a HANDFUL.
Man knew what he was talking about.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Hanley is the man

Back
Top Bottom