You're never too far from a McDonald's... see for yourself...

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

the northeast
eek.gif
eek.gif

its disgusting.

theres a McDonalds right outside of my apartment complex....yet i never go to it.

that pic puts things into perspective.

abernja wrote:
Crftz333 wrote:
A visualization of distance from the fast food giants in the United States. Not surprising, but pretty interesting to see it laid out like this...

3949785417_0a4e698ec9_o.jpg

"For maximum McSparseness, we look westward, towards the deepest, darkest holes in our map. There, in a patch of rolling grassland, loosely hemmed in by Bismarck, Dickinson, Pierre, and the greater Rapid City-Spearfish-Sturgis metropolitan area, we find our answer. Between the tiny Dakotan hamlets of Meadow and Glad Valley lies the McFarthest Spot: 107 miles distant from the nearest McDonald's, as the crow flies, and 145 miles by car!"

Don't find this surprising at all. Pretty much is the same as this picture from NASA which just shows how the more urbanized places will obviously have more population which would result in more McDonalds.

nightlights.jpg

I do not why people are so surprised about the geographical distribution of McDonald's locations, it pretty much mirrors the distribution ofthe population.

The only things, might skew the distribution a little bit might be the popularity of other fast food hamburger places. In California-Arizona-South West Nevadathe distributions of McDonald's is bit sparser than the population and that could very well be on account of the popularity of In 'n' Out,Carl's Junior and Jack in the Box. Also, if the brightness is not adjusted for restaurant size, I could see how the brightness would be skewed more to theEast Coast. I am willing to guess that the average size of McDonald's location is smaller in NYC than in rural Texas.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

The east is stack!
McDonalds in NYC is rediculous, there more McDonalds than Chinese food returaunts
I don't know about all that buddy. That's like saying there's more Subway Restaurants in NYC than bodega's

I do not why people are so surprised about the geographical distribution of McDonald's locations, it pretty much mirrors the distribution of the population.
I think it's just a bit shocking to realize that they almost cover every inch of the map... i mean, you know in your head that there aremcdonalds all over the place, but to actually have it visually mapped out like that is quite impressive. Nobody in here is surprised at the number ofmcdonalds in the US... it's like, if I told you that I had a million dollars in 1 dollar bills.. you could picture in your head what it looks like.. but ifi actually showed you a picture of it, it'd be quite impressive still.

MICKEY D'S DOLLAR MENU WHEN YOUR
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
OFF SOME AK FTW!!!!

really tho theres about 5 mcdonalds within 10 minutes of my house. crazy.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

im surprised all of texas isnt lite up
and it seems like there are way more mcdonalds in my area. the SEA
2 words.

Population Density.

Replace McDonalds with "ATM machines" or "Footaction" and the maps will probably all look the same.
laugh.gif
I dont get the Footaction joke, why do dudes in Texas love FootAction?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom