Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Anyone been to Myrtle beach? Couple of my friends are going
I’m not really interested in going but I might :lol:
What do y’all think

so i impulsely bought tickets to see the Deftones on thursday...in Chicago

im in LA

been to chicago before and stayed con la gente in Pilsen and also did the skyrise thing by the river

but the venue is near wrigleyville and will be catching a game friday there
so ill be staying that that side for a few days, any recs ?

so i impulsely bought tickets to see the Deftones on thursday...in Chicago

im in LA

been to chicago before and stayed con la gente in Pilsen and also did the skyrise thing by the river

but the venue is near wrigleyville and will be catching a game friday there
so ill be staying that that side for a few days, any recs ?
so theres very limited airbnb's right now, probably cause of lollapalooza
hotels are od high

where my chicago brethren at, i need a couch to stay on
checks mcgee checks mcgee

New Orleans recommendations.

Having visited New Orleans frequently in the past, mostly for bar hopping on Bourbon Street, I'm now looking to explore the city more broadly. I'd like to see the sights, dine at fine restaurants, and venture beyond the French Quarter.

Thanks.

small rant but yall, some tourists are just human garbage and have no couth. seen tourists leaving trash behind at museums/shrines multiple times, and then talking obnoxiously loud when it’s supposed to be a quieter space because people are praying. and then just today saw a tourist yelling “**** you! **** you!” to a worker at a small souvenir shop just because she couldn’t haggle and couldn’t get her items tax free (i didn’t intervene but just hung around to make sure she didn’t try to get physical. her bootsy *** husband didn’t do anything to deescalate or tell her to chill). Sorry to bring this kinda energy to the thread, but man it’s frustrating to witness.

end of the day, i trust the NT fam is far more considerate when traveling. Hope yall are enjoying the summer outside!

end of the day, i trust the NT fam is far more considerate when traveling. Hope yall are enjoying the summer outside!
the downside of Japan becoming more affordable for Western tourists. Now you have those scum people you see in Mexico, Southeast Asia, etc. making their way to Japan. Pre 2020 I rarely saw any of these people during the many years I’ve been going there.

My wife’s paternal family is Japanese; most of them are cool, but I feel like I always go through behavioral surveys every time some American does some disrespectful @$&@ in their country :lol:

What’s crazy is that anyone who’s even average human being should have no problems in Japan when it comes to being respectful.

Being polite, not littering, and not being obnoxious in public are basically everything Japan expects from foreigners, and all three of those things are what people should be doing back home and everywhere else on earth anyway. Can’t believe it has to be explained to these idiots

Last edited:
I stayed at the 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge Tuesday night. I loved it. I can't wait to come back again. Hopefully the weather will be better the next time around. That way I can go swimming. The views were still excellent despite the torrential downpour.

I stopped in Washington DC on the way back home. I haven't been here since I was little.

Alaska is fun so far
IMG_4827.jpeg

IMG_4927.jpeg

image000003.jpeg

IMG_4835.jpeg

image000003.jpeg

image000004.jpeg

IMG_4896.jpeg

Just booked Disneyland Paris for the kids midterm break. Staying in one of the Disney hotels that looks okay. It’s pretty expensive but looks like fun. We arrive mid morning on the Friday and leave at 10pm on the Monday so will squeeze in what we can.

I’ve been once before but it was nearly 20 years ago (when it was Eurodisney) but my wife and kids haven’t been.

Any of y’all been to the MLB or NBA Hall of Fames? I’m working in Connecticut pretty much through the end of the year…wondering if I could do a weekend where I travel to Cooperstown Thursday night and hit the MLB HoF on Friday, then travel back towards Springfield and do the NBA HoF on Saturday.

Any of y’all been to the MLB or NBA Hall of Fames? I’m working in Connecticut pretty much through the end of the year…wondering if I could do a weekend where I travel to Cooperstown Thursday night and hit the MLB HoF on Friday, then travel back towards Springfield and do the NBA HoF on Saturday.

Been to both multiple times - my uncle actually retired to Cooperstown

How can I support?

Last edited:
Been to BHOF plenty of times.

Been to both multiple times - my uncle actually retired to Cooperstown

How can I support?
Would you say a day for each is appropriate? We’d probably drive up to Cooperstown Thursday night, then spend all day Friday at the HoF and go to Ommegang/tour the town. Depending on how that goes, either head towards Springfield that night or early the next morning to spend Saturday at the basketball HoF.

Do you have a helicopter parked by your PJ that could take us lol

Also, heading to Portland, Maine on Thursday. Any recs for breweries or lobster rolls in the area? We’ll have a car and planning on driving along the coast on Friday so we don’t mind driving to find the best one for my wife.

Any other Portland recs are well appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom