Young Jeezy - The Recession 2 OUT NOW!!!!!

FB_IMG_1513122353870.jpg

Think me and wifey gonna go catch him this tour.

****in Tee Grizzly?!? Yeah, I’m a be late to that show.

Jeezys music just doesn't resonate with me the same as it used to. I used to feel his hunger, grit and animosity, but now it just seems fabricated. Kinda the same with ti. They were fueled by the struggle and the struggle isn't there. Not saying they're not good, but it just didn't hit me like it used to.

Feel like you can say that about most rappers that’s been doing it for 15 years. You’ve heard it all from them and it gets repetitive.

Well the term "starving artist" was made for a reason. That's when they usually make their best work.

On the flip side, if you know the artist really came from that then it should still resonate with you. It's actually cool to me to grow with my favorite rappers. I'd like to think we all matured over the last decade so I can still relate.

Hov still raps about hustling and we all know how long ago that was lol

We just last week praised Jay for saying he plays the forever game yet we can criticize Jeezy for not being hot after nearly 12-15 years?

Gotti, Ross and Gucci, passed this dude? How Sway?

None of them sold as many records as him. None of them got the shows. Catalog is straight subjective but Jeezy got 2 Classic albums,Classic Mixtape and at least 3-4 more great/good projects.

They passed him cuz they got a hot song right now?

And I aint counting nobody pockets, but Gucci messed up mad bread taking them trips to the big house I imagine. Cats aint even eating like that off rap no more even if he is making it all back. So really where is Jeezy taking L's? "Hotness"?

What 2 classic albums jeezy got?
And Ross catalogue is better than jeezys also, rich forever prolly the best mixtape of all time. Plus his albums are top quality

First off, you might get stomped out saying Ross has the best album or mixtape of all time.

Second, his two classics are 101 and The Recession

I love 103 and Church in the Streets

I couldn’t get into TOD3

I hated 102 and Seen It All

Look up any top mixtape list of all time and Trap or Die is in the top 5 or 6 of most.

Tod doesn't sound too good when I try to revisit it homestly. 101 is for sure a classic, and recession was legit. Selling records and doing shows goes back to that core base he has. Macklemore can sell more records than all of them combined. Ross discography is far better, idk how this is even up for discussion.

Snow in a weird spot because he tried to show maturity with Church in these Streets and people didn't want to hear that from him. Came back and dropped TD3 and cats wasn't really rocking with that neither. Crazy to think Jeezy music was better when he didn't know how to rap. :lol:

TD3 had some joints, but the quality was trash.

He still got a crazy following and NT def ain't the only place that slanders him, but "So Icy NT" been going hard with the Snow slander for years...only place where no matter how minuscule the move is, that Gucci does...jeezy must somehow feel pressured. :lol:

:pimp:

0C1D10C0-70C5-4D78-8072-3BB9D33E0AF2.gif

This thread actually inspired me to listen to ToD in the gym just now. Ish still rides :pimp:

Tod doesn't sound too good when I try to revisit it homestly. 101 is for sure a classic, and recession was legit. Selling records and doing shows goes back to that core base he has. Macklemore can sell more records than all of them combined. Ross discography is far better, idk how this is even up for discussion.

I don't know many that listen to Ross and most of my circle listens to Jeezy over Ross. That's just my circle.

Macklemore ain't selling no more, he was a one album wonder.

TM 101 and Recession both classics
TOD Mixtape Classic

TM103-- Great album, the false starts damage the perception, but this album is great!
Seen it All---Solid, 4th best album
The Inspiration--- Bit of a let down coming off 101, but he got a couple classic cuts on here

Church in these Streets and TOD 3 are the only two albums that dont really have the pedigree.

Boston George was coo when he was buzzin outta houston....he straight garbage now.... underground jeezy before he stsrted rappin like a smart hood ***** was the best. Now he wack.

Back
Top Bottom