YOU WANT A FRESH LINE UP THE FORMULA IS $70

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

Originally Posted by davizzy

i want to learn how to use the razor but im scared ima cut myself or mess up my line-up

you wont just take it easy

word...ive been lining myself up with a razor for about 6 months now...its a dollar for a box of 10 and beats spending 5 at the barber...the only thing i'll never do is try to line up the back

edit,
Uluv411wrote:
So do u guys use shaving cream oranything when u use a straight razor?
I just use the Outliner clippers, never used arazor...

the best thing to use is soap...the same way you wash your face just wash your hairline and the skin around it so you can see the line better...the soap provides better movement of the razor accross your skin

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

Originally Posted by copped

so what is better:

those razors with disposable blades? or the razor that you sharpen and come in 1 piece?

i've had barbers use either one...

just curious what you guys think are better?

and if it is the disposable one, which blades are the best? or are all pretty much the same thing?
pretty much the same
QFT. the only thing is, disposable blades are a lot less expensive and a lot less hassle. Regular blades need a strop, a sharpening stone, and constant maintenance/ care. If you grab disposable blades you can just toss a blade that is chipped, dull or dirty. They also run about 50-100 cheaper.

Originally Posted by chiva1908

cucumbercool wrote:
This has to be done professionally and sparingly. I saw a guy with the rounded m hairline and he filled in the the missing part with black ice. Hugee mistake

��
roll.gif

I swear Jamie Fox has been on that black ice...

263646jamie-foxx-posters1.jpg

Yessir..Straight razors are the truth.  Easy to use too.  You'll learn quick.  Just practice.  I never used a T-outliner but do wanna get one eventually.

Black Ice isn't good for most normal people. It washes out easily...you could probably sweat that $## out.

I wish I could cut my own hair..tried once and I +%*@%# up ended up shaving my head bald that night...I been doing my own shape ups since h.s.

That can't be black ice the Jamie Foxx uses, that stuff actually looks like real hair. Black ice looks more like black make up. IDk maybe it's just me...

I always read about the Andis t-outliners on here, but are they truly that much better than other brands? If so, what is it that sets it apart?

anyone got info on that cream those barbers use before they shave you with the razor?

its all tingly and feels mad nice...

first they put that white cream on your face, then the hot towel, then they wipe it off, then they put shaving cream...

anyone know which cream that is? the one before the hot towel?

i think my people in NYC would know what im talking about

Is this a tool that all barbers will have, even if you don't see them use it? I'm definitely trying to give this a shot, but since I'm growing my fro back out, I'd rather it be done professionally. That said, I've been going to my same barber since I was 2 and he was 9 and his gramps was cuttin my hair, and I don't ever remember seeing no straight edge...

Yeah I got these, but I'm going to get a straight razor with disposable blades.

I have one that is a one piece that require maintenance as said before.

I have two Andis's, and I need a better clipper to cut my actual hair.

That Oster 76 is nice, but I don't think I need it like that.

I'm pretty sure I can get another alternative or something.

The Ostser 76 is loud and hard to clean and its heavy but it will cut though greasy hair easy . If you need a great set of clippers go with the Andis master, Wahl 5 star Senior and speed -o- guide guards , T-Outliners or Styliners( adjust them properly) if you wanna got the straight razor route go with a razor holder and personna blades or promate blades . check Youtube under Cullersbarbershop for the best tutorial on straight razor line ups he goes hrough all the steps . And if you wanna see how the Bigen dye is done look for Alsmillions on youtube .

laugh.gif
at the whole "Add $5 with Black Ice and save $1 for your IRA per haircut" nonsense.

Andis T-Outliners aren't that much different from other trimmers.

Most barbers use outliners but they are very different then the ones average people buy. The barbers know the correct way to sharpen their blades which is why most of us have sharp lines coming out the barbers chair.

I have the exact same trimmer as my barber and mine doesn't cut nearly as sharp as his does -.-

Hey for anyone who's inquiring about anything mentioned or asked about in here... here's a really good site with everything that you would want/need for what we're talking about in here.

http://www.bowmanbeauty.com/

Check it out... I suggest you browse by category and you'll find whatever you need or what was mentioned/recommended in this post... as some.

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Andis T-Outliners aren't that much different from other trimmers.

Most barbers use outliners but they are very different then the ones average people buy. The barbers know the correct way to sharpen their blades which is why most of us have sharp lines coming out the barbers chair.

I have the exact same trimmer as my barber and mine doesn't cut nearly as sharp as his does -.-

You just have to adjust the blades and your line ups will be just as sharp as when you come out the barber shop.

Also, you have to know how to position the blade to your face.

Pay attention to when you barber does it and how he does it and go and learn and try it out on your own from there.

I was just like you, but then I learned how to do it and I've been good since, but I'm lazy too and just go and pay the $20 to get a cut.

About to go back to shaping myself up again though...

Back
Top Bottom