You know what, #%@! Chick-Fil-A!

I'm not going to stop eating at Chick-Fil-A.
Chick-Fil-A > Gay Marriage

As ignorant as it may sound... This man is speaking the truth.
I'm not going to give up food that I enjoy just because a demographic that I don't even completely agree with, although I respect them, don't like the company.

I mean, I don't give up meat because vegetarians don't agree with killing animals for food... What makes this any different to me?

I won't. I don't eat there anyways because their store is located in a very poor position where you have to make all kind of U turns and **** to get there, but add another reason to the list. It was a stupid move of them to come out so firm on that stance rather than answer with some non- answer, lawyer written statement about how the political views of the owners have no bearing on the company.

i thought it was common knowledge the owners were bible thumpers. why do you think they are closed sunday?

Never cared for Chick-Fil-A, but a quite boycott would've been better, in my opinion, because then you wouldn't have politicians and 100,000 people going there on August 1st.  Either way, this is just more of a reason to stay away from it.

Would be pretty funny to see how this thread would change if the owner supported the KKK or another racial group
nerd.gif

... Chick-Fil-A is awesome...would never stop going there...wish they just open on Sundays though...lol

dead *** will hit someone if they come at me comparing the civil rights movement w/ the current issue gays go through....i want gays to have their rights but that comparison is so god damn dumb

anyway chik fil a aint even open on sundays so obviously they're on their religious **** but i dont give a damn.....just keep making them crack sandwiches and good *** lemonade

dead *** will hit someone if they come at me comparing the civil rights movement w/ the current issue gays go through....i want gays to have their rights but that comparison is so god damn dumb

anyway chik fil a aint even open on sundays so obviously they're on their religious **** but i dont give a damn.....just keep making them crack sandwiches and good *** lemonade

You're not hitting anybody.

Civil rights are civil rights. Discriminating against someone because of how they were born is no different wether it be race or sexual orientation.

They deserve all of the criticism they're receiving.

And its not impacting their "free speech" to be hindered by city governments.

If you choose to have that stance, go ahead, but don't act like others have to put up with your religious BS.

You're not hitting anybody.

Civil rights are civil rights. Discriminating against someone because of how they were born is no different wether it be race or sexual orientation.
Agreed. Its so absurd that people are willing to say "well its not the same thing!"

DUH!. Its obviously not the same thing. No civil rights movement is EVER the same thing. 

And Mr Marcus is acting selfishly if he just continues to benefit at the expense of someone elses well-being. Just don't overlook it and say "well i'm gonna keep doing what I want"

You can't claim to care about gay rights if you actively support something that does the EXACT OPPOSITE. 

Last edited:
^It's the very definition of a First Amendment violation. I'm glad to see the ACLU getting involved.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/chick-fil-a-gay-marriage-chicago/2012/07/26/id/446713
I don't have a problem with chik-fil-a having their own policy, as thats a private matter, but them not equal rights for their own customers is where they messed up.

I disagree with the option to ban their businesses. I think that might cross the line, but I don't think Chik-Fil-A is out of the woods yet either. 

You can't have a company that claims to serve the public while directly donating and openly supporting an entity that discriminates against a segment of the public population.
I dont support gay marraige....I do however support Chick-fil-a..its delicous
Why does it matter to you who gets the legal benefits you freely enjoy? 

Last edited:
if you're a minority, you sound like an idiot right now because those people are going through the same things yours have at some point (and/or at still going through now)

inb4 we had it worse, cant compare plights blah blah blah its all the same thing: a group of people wanting the rights that everyone else has and are not allowed to have it simply because of who/how they are.

You sound really dumb yourself. You cannot compare what blacks went through to what gay and lesbians are going through. Difference is there is NO choice in being born black. And last I checked there are no gay and lesbian slaves, water fountains, chow lines out back, nor are they told to sit at the back of the bus. and i still have yet to see any gay or lesbians lynched. It is becoming VERY disrespectful that some of you keep thinking it's the same thing. Please cut that crap out.

Don't care. I will still eat there whenever i'm in Florida. If there was one in NY I would go there all the time and put Chick-Fil-A sauce on everything.

How many you all would care if Chik-Fil-A donated to white nationalist think-tanks?

Its easy for everyone to overlook the fact that there ARE people who are hurt by this sort of thing. 

You don't get to just sweep it under the rug because it doesn't affect you.

There are LEGAL benefits to getting married that law-abiding, productive citizens can't obtain, merely because they're gay.

Last edited:
let me rephrase my comment.....i speak on the struggles blacks went through in the past....i just can't and i won't compare the gay struggle with what blacks had to go through.....and that argument is dumb as ****...end of the day gays are crying over getting married and benefiting from that ....**** i wish that was the only thing blacks in the past had to struggle with (and asians too) ....

hell we were made fun of in ******g children cartoons back in the day lol like lets be real if a show threw a shot at gays they'd be ****** instantly....gays have it good in this country besides the marriage issue

i'm all for gays being able to get married tho just keep other minorities outta your argument

Last edited:
I disagree with the option to ban their businesses. I think that might cross the line, but I don't think Chik-Fil-A is out of the woods yet either. 

Yes but Mayors Menino and Emanuel supported just that - a ban. That's ridiculous. A republican mayor trying to ban a pro-gay marriage / marriage equality business would be equally outrageous.

let me rephrase my comment.....i speak on the struggles blacks went through in the past....i just can't and i won't compare the gay struggle with what blacks had to go through.....and that argument is dumb as ****...end of the day gays are crying over getting married and benefiting from that ....**** i wish that was the only thing blacks in the past had to struggle with (and asians too) ....

hell we were mad fun of in cartoons back in the day lol like lets be real if a show threw a shot at gays they'd be ****** instantly....gays have it good in this country besides the marriage issue
Do you want them to get beaten up and essentially publicly hazed just so you can relate?

We went through that so others don't have to go through that. 

That doesn't make you special though, and you're foolish for thinking it does.

Civil rights are HUMAN rights and deserve to be issued accordingly. 

You comparing injustices doesn't correct either one in any way.

You're only interested in YOUR rights and not the rights of others. 

The "gay struggle," as you call it is still and rightfully so a movement to obtain their rights. 

It doesn't matter what anyone else went through. You can't just get your piece of the pie and tell everyone else to screw off. 

Are you saying that because they don't get beaten that they don't deserve rights? And last I checked, there were dozens of anti-gay motivated beatings in the south in just the past year. 

Back
Top Bottom