Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

DONT BLAME HIM FOR GASSING HIMSELF UP.

BLAME OUR COUNTRY'S LONG STANDING OBSESSION WITH CELEBRITY CULTURE.

I WOULD BELIEVE THAT MORE TEENS CAN POINT OUT CELEBS THAN INFLUENTIAL LEADERS OF THE WORLD.

SHOW PICTURE OF STEVE JOBS AND BILL GATES. OH HEY ARENT THOSE THE GUYS WHO WORK AT THE LIBRARY.

BARACK OBAMA? OH HEY ISNT THAT WILL SMITH LUDACRIS WEST-Z?

I see kanye returning to Nike later on down the line. Ultimate troll move by Nike to make a yeezy 3 ten years from now...

DONT BLAME HIM FOR GASSING HIMSELF UP.

BLAME OUR COUNTRY'S LONG STANDING OBSESSION WITH CELEBRITY CULTURE.

I WOULD BELIEVE THAT MORE TEENS CAN POINT OUT CELEBS THAN INFLUENTIAL LEADERS OF THE WORLD.

SHOW PICTURE OF STEVE JOBS AND BILL GATES. OH HEY ARENT THOSE THE GUYS WHO WORK AT THE LIBRARY.

BARACK OBAMA? OH HEY ISNT THAT WILL SMITH LUDACRIS WEST-Z?

Brah I agree with you. Ye is special, especially in the hip hop community.

But that's not what he is ranting about. Ye feels that all that he has accomplished should carry weight with the elite white in the fashion industry. And he is somehow shocked, and taken aback that it doesn't.

I feel for the dude I hate seeing a young brother being played. But as black man it sounds like Ye is saying "I kissed there ***, played house negro, I shucked and jived for them, I spent my money" and they still didn't accept me, so please black people be outrage with me. NAWWW B

If Kanye said they doing me dirt, so I'm starting my own ****, my the bottom. Then I respect that movement, and I would support homeboy, both verbally and financially. But what does he do instead, he signs with another big corporation. He contradicted hmself

Now as this limited edition, outrageous pricing that went on with his previous collaborations need to be absent at Adidas. Or he will look like a liar

Got you bro...you right.

Are Yeezys really considered ICONIC?

Iconic (in terms of Nike), to me, are shoes like AF1s and Js.

Last edited:

not really, not in my opinion at least.

Are they sought after? Yes, does that make them iconic? no

An iconic shoe helps define an era and is forever engraved in peoples minds like the Air Jordan 1 or 2 or 3... etc... etc...

the yeezus didn't have this effect outside of some people, hardcore fans of yeezy and hypebeasts. They weren't available for everyone and they didn't run out of stock like a pair that is widely available, they didn't define any era.

Their popular. Yeezy 2's are tight, i'd buy them, but not anything over 200 bucks and most certainly, not over 1000 dollars.

But they might be iconic to people who have them.

Last edited:
IMO they are iconic because although Pharrel had a pair of dunks and long ago RunDMC made shell tops popular, hiphop artists were not out there signing deals with sneaker companies like reebok and Adidas before Kanye, after the success of the yeezys, which were 5 different pairs over a course of 3-4 years is when you started seeing Rick Ross and swizz with reebok, Lilwayne with supra, big Sean with Adidas...etc...he really opened up the doors for these artists to get a chance to express their creativity through a pair of sneakers, something that was only exclusive to athletes in the past.

i find it ironic that the song black skinhead is being used to sell some phones...
also heard power on a damn airline commercial..

dude is the biggest hypocrite, he also begs CEO's of big companies that come watch his show to give him money..

in front of everyone too, dude is a clown.

this fool has no idea what the real struggle is, he always talks that hes from the chi, but he doesn't mention that he was far away from all that stuff that makes the CHI dangerous..

Last edited:
Kanye's becoming delusional. Starting to rant just to rant. 

You can't even get a straight answer from him just a bunch of nonsense lol.

"kanye west your favorite color? dude will hit you with the number pie 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375

They're not. Probably one of the ugliest sneakers I have ever seen bolstered by hypebeasts that have an infatuation with Kanye. Kanye's name x Nike x Limited supply made the Yeezy's what they are. Other than that, nobody cares about his sneakers. The only people I saw standing in line for them were people who were going to resell them for $$$$$$$$$$

Addidas will probably make them a general release (if they don't Kanye will look like a hypocrite again), and then nobody will care because they are "general releases".

come back the next day 10 pages later and their littered with the same people who claim they hate Kanye.... he has stupid ideas, they hate his girl, he apparently is the worst human walking the earth, he's accomplished nothing

yet the SAME people are in here writing full stories on why someone isn't important :lol:

:rofl: why do you continue to bring up times that have long gone.............

to argue that kanye hasnt single handedly put hip hop into leather high end fashion long ts and all that is beyong me

and i mean kanye has put current hip hop yes i said current as in now this very moment back onto leather and everything i stated

i see what your trying to do but how does that fit into this time frame after all those picture you posted different fashion came along

So you don't see how all Kanye did was

a. wear Jordans that have been popular since the 80s/90s
b. wear leather pants and jackets that has been done since the 80s/90s
c. wear Timberlands, also popular in the 90s/2000s
d. did nothing that hasn't been done before

but dudes on his nuts swear that he innovated something. Here's the thing. If you don't have a grasp on where he got his style from (the Polo phase was just him biting Lo Lifes and trying to make himself seem like he was doing something different) you won't get how all he did was nothing new. Nothing. Oh wait, he wore a kilt. I'll give him credit for that. But digging up old styles and recycling them is nothing I'm going to give him credit for on an innovative level.

I guess because I grew up in the 80s, 90s and am a grown man now, I've seen all of his style before. So I'm not seeing how he did anything close to what you're claiming.

Here's what you should wrap your mind around. Kanye ALSO grew up in the same era as I did. He saw all of the same ****. He may know younger cats aren't hip to it and don't know where the styles originated and passes his biting off as innovation. Ain't nothing wrong with copying styles, but when dudes start to make him into the father of the style, that's where I'm like, nah.

Kanye isn't creating, he's rehashing when it comes to fashion. Y'all act like he came up with an entirely new look. He didn't.

This.

A lot of y'all are really starting to show your age by lack of basic *** common knowledge that can also be found in a matter of a quick google search.

-Em was from 8 mile. This is no movie facts, he was really from 8 mile.

-You won't find 1 Ye' album that can come lyrically close to Eminems "Infinite" album. Which if you haven't heard because you young cats grew up on Eminem in his later years than check that out.

Ye's mom had money and raised him from a nice suburban area in Chicago. He even attended an art school. I don't buy his I started with nothing persona. That's not to take away from what he's done to hip hop. His work ethic at one point was crazy. But there hasn't been 1 thing he's done that's original.

-Rappers have had a shoe deal with big sneaker companies

-2pac kicked it with Versace and designed a few shirts

-Rappers have tried to sell the confederate flag on some "I'm artsy now" tip

-Rappers have been sampling music for EVER

So to be really real the only different thing Kanye has done is make his show's crazy with the visuals and stage.

Which he got from Jay on the WTC tour, he even hired the same artist for this tour.

He is not innovative and not on this deep level of thinking y'all just stuck on channel basic.

He's copied everything that's ever done in hip hop and he capitalized on it better than most.

Stop that Kendrick is a puppet talk. I'm from LA and dot is really putting it down out here. He's not banging he's telling the story of regular *** LA cats growing up in hoods where there all there is, is banging.

And this.

come back the next day 10 pages later and their littered with the same people who claim they hate Kanye.... he has stupid ideas, they hate his girl, he apparently is the worst human walking the earth, he's accomplished nothing

yet the SAME people are in here writing full stories on why someone isn't important :lol:

yet you still come in here spouting your nonsense like anyone should give a ****.

AND PEOPLE GOT MAD WHEN I SAID TUPAC AND KANYE WERE SIMILAR STRONG PERSONALITIES WHO REPRESENTED GAY BLACK MEN VERY WELL SMH

yet you still come in here spouting your nonsense like anyone should give a ****.

well it's a kanye west thread i'm a kanye west fan it makes sense for me to be here.... you on the other hand have stated that you can't stand him yet you want to discuss him constantly seems off... but you know you must be one of those brilliant ignorant dudes you talk about :smokin

IMO they are iconic because although Pharrel had a pair of dunks and long ago RunDMC made shell tops popular, hiphop artists were not out there signing deals with sneaker companies like reebok and Adidas before Kanye, after the success of the yeezys, which were 5 different pairs over a course of 3-4 years is when you started seeing Rick Ross and swizz with reebok, Lilwayne with supra, big Sean with Adidas...etc...he really opened up the doors for these artists to get a chance to express their creativity through a pair of sneakers, something that was only exclusive to athletes in the past.

Sdot carter by Reebok ? Pharell IceCream by Reebok ? G-Unit by Reebok ? Birdman Lugz ? NL by Converse (Master P's line) ? Durrty CB34s by Nike (Nelly) N.E.R.D. Dunks by Nike ? The Game by 310 ? LL cool J x Troop ? Run DMC x Adidas ?

I guess we owe Kanye credit for those too.... :rolleyes

Last edited:
Sdot carter by Reebok ? Pharell IceCream by Reebok ? G-Unit by Reebok ? Birdman Lugz ? NL by Converse (Master P's line) ? Durrty CB34s by Nike (Nelly) N.E.R.D. Dunks by Nike ? The Game by 310 ? LL cool J x Troop ? Run DMC x Adidas ?

I guess we owe Kanye credit for those too.... :rolleyes

Steezy in his late 20s?

He should have known better, man... :smh:

Back
Top Bottom