YO! So tell me again why we hate on Season 2 of The Wire...

Originally Posted by toine2983

I think a lot of people "hated" Season 2 because of how drastically the focus of the show drifted in comparison to Season 1.

I expected season 2 to build off Season 1 and continue with the Barksdale crew being the main focus, so when they shifted the focus on the docks I was dissapointed.
ohwell.gif

As Season 2 progressed though and after watching the whole series my appreciation for this season grew and I realize how intregal it was for the rest of the series.

This. I actually was really bored with season 3 it was my least favorite season out of all 5

If I had to rank them it would be 4=1, 2, 5, 3.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

White people.

That was my preliminary inclination. I remember back in the day, I was a scrub. I basically tuned out midway through season 2 - which is why I rewatched. Having seen all the other seasons, season 2 makes a whooooooole lot more sense to me now. Especially when thinking of the series itself as social commentary on every major American city.

DF!!!

This.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Season 5 could have been much better, But I think except for the fake murders it made sense.
The Fake Murders had me baffled. It was like yea you got to get Marlo, But like this?
I think the biggest thing was that McNulty didn't mature.
Yeah that got kind of out of hand, but I'm glad McNulty didn't change. He tried to change for a little and live the normal/responsiblelife, but that's not who he is... and it would have been a cheap tv trick to have him mature and change into an upstanding detective at the end of theseries.

McNulty was an arrogant and disrespectful cop who did things his own way, but he was good police, and I'm glad he stayed the same.. that's who he was.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I think a lot of people "hated" Season 2 because of how drastically the focus of the show drifted in comparison to Season 1.

I expected season 2 to build off Season 1 and continue with the Barksdale crew being the main focus, so when they shifted the focus on the docks I was dissapointed.
ohwell.gif

As Season 2 progressed though and after watching the whole series my appreciation for this season grew and I realize how intregal it was for the rest of the series.
I agree with this. That's how I was at the beginning too. But after watching season 2 all the way through I liked it.

IDYMS I was the same with Ziggy's old dumb #%%.
laugh.gif

"Did he have hands? Did he have a face? ...No? Then it wasn't us."
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Season 2 is lsept on SO heavy
smh.gif

I don't understand the hate for Season 5.The "Newspaper Angle" is basically what is going on today,with modern day Media.

Everything is about ratings or in Season 5 case,selling newspapers.

Omar didn't even get a line in the paper after he was killed because it was "just news".

I think the hate might come from the whole fake murders angle... it just got a little too ridiculous at times.

Besides that I loved season 5.

Originally Posted by stepinitup

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Any place online to get all the seasons for cheap?
amazon.

i bought them on sale at amazon over Christmas still haven't opened them yet waiting maybe till 2012 so my brain can be fresh of memories i was told thereare alot of gems in here that people missed

Season 2 is my least favorite season because of all the bar scenes... they are extremely boring.

Originally Posted by dwells4life

Season 2 is my least favorite season because of all the bar scenes... they are extremely boring.
That's their lives though. I originally thoguht season2 was weak because you didn't see too much of the Bmore that people fell in lovewith in season1 and the others.
I unfortunately watched season2 after season5 and the rest of the show, so at first i thought it was pretty weak.

Season1 and Season4 to me were very similiar in the way they showed D'Angelo and Naymond were pretty much the same two people.
They were both born into and had to live a life that they weren't built for, Naymond was lucky enough to be saved.

Bodie was easily my favorite character in the show.

YO!
Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

After re-watching the show, however, you get to see how much David Simon and the other writers were setting up for the upcoming seasons.

Exactly. As I was watching each episode, the foreshadowing basically slapped me across the face. Amazing.
Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

BY FAR!!!

Bodie is MY dude. Him and Wee Bey.

DF!!!

Originally Posted by Kalamazoo52

Really I felt like people didn't like season 2 because no one could relate to the characters.. I mean come on, who here has ever thought about life on the docks?

And plus, drug dealing is very intriguing and entertaining when properly illustrated in movies/TV shows.. the stuff that went down in the docks, not so much.

I can def.agree with this statement...

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

After re-watching the show, however, you get to see how much David Simon and the other writers were setting up for the upcoming seasons.

Exactly. As I was watching each episode, the foreshadowing basically slapped me across the face. Amazing.
Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

BY FAR!!!

Bodie is MY dude. Him and Wee Bey.

DF!!!

I think Bodie is EVERYBODY'S favorite character...

I remember when he got popped, dudes on here was mourning like they really knew him personally!

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by Kalamazoo52

Really I felt like people didn't like season 2 because no one could relate to the characters.. I mean come on, who here has ever thought about life on the docks?

And plus, drug dealing is very intriguing and entertaining when properly illustrated in movies/TV shows.. the stuff that went down in the docks, not so much.

I can def.agree with this statement...

Whether its the docks in Baltimore, the car industry in Detroit, or major plants somewhere else, its about how the working class is struggling. This isturning regular citizens into criminals just to survive.

The only people I know who hate season 2, didn't watch the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom