YO! So tell me again why we hate on Season 2 of The Wire...

I personally thought Season 2 was the %+%$---dam shame how they did ol' boy though in the end
smh.gif
But I liked how drugs and what not is all connected todifferent parts of life

Ziggy dumb +!+....cannot stand people who's dumbness is so profound that it actually moves you to anger

Truth be told the least fav season for me was the last one (and THAT wasn't even that bad of a season, but I just couldn't get with the news paperangle) other than that, they was all gravy train
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yea, once I seen how season 2 opened, I'm thinkin who the @+%* is all these white ppl? where the _'s at? But season 2 held its own. I still aint seeseason 5 yet, library playin w/ the holds and what not

when i first watched season 2 i wasnt a big fan but just like everyone else said once you watch the rest of the seasons it makes a whole lot more sense andconnects evrything real good.

when cheese stole ziggy's car and torched it
roll.gif

when ziggy went to prop joe with the sergei and prop joe was like, "if it wasn't for sergie here, you two would be some cadaverous motherf_ckers"
roll.gif

season 2 was dope.. i don't know what the backlash was for.

YO! It was Nicky who went to see Prop. Not Ziggy... but the cool thing about that was the next scene was the floater in the morgue.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

perhaps the best omar scene was in season 2. the court scene. that's probably the best wire scene behind avon and stringer's last scene on the balcony.

"i have the shotgun, you have the briefcase."

WORD.

I feel like the quotes from season 2 are so much more profound and reflective of real life than maybe any other season. DF!!!

Season 2 was when I really started to understand more about whats really going on.

I think the most powerful thing occurred in season 3. Hamsterdam is possibly the greatest thing ever created.

Season 5 could have been much better, But I think except for the fake murders it made sense.
The Fake Murders had me baffled. It was like yea you got to get Marlo, But like this?
I think the biggest thing was that McNulty didn't mature.

When my man Frank took that final walk
frown.gif
smh.gif

I just started watching the series over, I can't wait to get to season 2...

I love and appreciate each season for their respective uniqueness and what they brought to the table in helping to deliver the story. This thread is the firstI've heard of people not enjoying season 3, or even 5 for that matter.

First of all, all the seasons are great, it's just that some are better than others.

The first time I watched the show, I thought that Season 2 was obviously the weakest season, mainly because I didn't see how following the struggles of thelongshoremen tied into the story that started in Season 1.

After re-watching the show, however, you get to see how much David Simon and the other writers were setting up for the upcoming seasons. Introducing Prop Joeas the main connect (he was only in Season 1 during the basketball game), was so essential for the series down the line. And also showing how guys likeStringer and Avon, who were introduced in Season 1 are actually small fries when compared to The Greek. If I had to rank the seasons now it would be:4,3,2,5,1. To me, Season 1 is too slow and single-dimensional compared to the other seasons. I guess it had to be though, since they had to set everything up.

I think the only people who "hate" season 2 either watched it after watching season 3, 4, or 5, or don't get the show and just like watchinggangsters on tv.

season 2 probably had the least amount of violence and action so the simple minded already are turned off. it's also probably the most accurate portrayalof everything that goes on, meaning they took the least amount of creative license compared to the other seasons, with the exception of season 1.

Season 2 is my favorite season because, as I Drink Your Milkshake pointed out, it shows how deeply everything is connected. It's also the downfall of theworking man which is one of the reasons Baltimore is the way it is. Finally, it shows the dichotomy between career criminals (The Greeks) who know how to dodirt quietly and the wannabes (Marlo) who only wanted the fame. At the end of Season 2 when 'the Greek' is dipping from the city, he says, 'But ofcourse, MY NAME IS NOT MY NAME.' He thrives on anonymity. At the end of the series - what does Marlo say? - 'MY NAME IS MY NAME!" That's whyhe gets caught up and is given the equivalent of a death sentence by the d's.

Originally Posted by The Takeover

Originally Posted by jcsellsf

season 5 is the one that sucks
Watch what you say joe, you can get handled quick over words like that
mad.gif

I found this comment funny. I wonder if anybody has ever been killed over a Wire argument. Would be a propos no?

I actually skipped the 2nd season after watching the first 3 episodes, I guess it was just to much of a change, Imma make sure to go back and watch the wholething again after I finish the last season now

initially after finishing the 5 seasons, season 2 was my least favorite. but looking back it did setup everything for the rest of the series.

all seasons are great, kinda hard to rank them. why people saying season 3 was weak now? it was kinda anti-climatic the 'war' ended the way it did, butthats how it is. i think most were hoping for a shootout, but i think the way avon/stringer did each other was much stronger.

season 4 and season 1 are the best for me. then season 3, and a tossup between season 2 and 5. the end of season 5 was very good though. nice way to close theseries.

I think a lot of people "hated" Season 2 because of how drastically the focus of the show drifted in comparison toSeason 1.

I expected season 2 to build off Season 1 and continue with the Barksdale crew being the main focus, so when they shifted the focus on the docks I wasdissapointed.
ohwell.gif

As Season 2 progressed though and after watching the whole series my appreciation for this season grew and I realize how intregal it was for the rest of theseries.

Back
Top Bottom