Yo NT, I wanna import a Skyline

http://toronto.en.craigsl.../tor/cto/1778803399.html

But as soon as i get it across the border i don't want the US government to snatch it from under my %$@ and have it crushed.

I've been hearing horror stories like crazy of people paying tens of thousands of dollars to get the vehicle into the U.S. from Japan without the ability to register, insure, or title.

I have fam in Toronto where Skylines run rampant like g35's do in NYC. What kind of headaches am I looking at besides the obvious of getting it titled?

http://toronto.en.craigsl.../tor/cto/1778803399.html

But as soon as i get it across the border i don't want the US government to snatch it from under my %$@ and have it crushed.

I've been hearing horror stories like crazy of people paying tens of thousands of dollars to get the vehicle into the U.S. from Japan without the ability to register, insure, or title.

I have fam in Toronto where Skylines run rampant like g35's do in NYC. What kind of headaches am I looking at besides the obvious of getting it titled?

If you've got money, go for it. But if you're barely hanging in there with the fees, I WOULD NOT GO FOR THIS ROUTE. Leave that car in Toronto.

A friend of mine got his 180SX crushed not because it was illegal but because he didn't want to deal with the fees.
smh.gif

Why not get the GT-R if you're going Japanese and if you're looking to pay that type of money? It's worth it
pimp.gif

If you've got money, go for it. But if you're barely hanging in there with the fees, I WOULD NOT GO FOR THIS ROUTE. Leave that car in Toronto.

A friend of mine got his 180SX crushed not because it was illegal but because he didn't want to deal with the fees.
smh.gif

Why not get the GT-R if you're going Japanese and if you're looking to pay that type of money? It's worth it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

how is the government gonna snatch it from you?

1. Skylines are illegal in the U.S. I think it's an exhaust/emission thing, but it's probably just because they don't want to deal with racing.
2. If you neglect to pay the proper titling, importing, and tax fees that come along with a car like that and the government finds out, they'll take the car, crush it, and make you pay what you owe + more.

1. Skylines are illegal in the U.S. I think it's an exhaust/emission thing, but it's probably just because they don't want to deal with racing.
2. If you neglect to pay the proper titling, importing, and tax fees that come along with a car like that and the government finds out, they'll take the car, crush it, and make you pay what you owe + more.

You have 2 choices:
1. You get an R33, as those are the only legal Skylines.
2. You move to Florida because importing laws are MUCH more lenient over there.
They won't have it crushed. If anything, they'll just have it sent back to Japan.
You're out of luck when it comes to R32s and R34s because MotorEX got shut down.

You have 2 choices:
They won't have it crushed. If anything, they'll just have it sent back to Japan.
You're out of luck when it comes to R32s and R34s because MotorEX got shut down.

You have 2 choices:

You have 2 choices:

I think the 96-99 R33s are legal and the other ones are not. There's a NTer here who owned one. I can't remember his name right now though.

Skylines are recognized as EPA and DOT certified cars...You're at the governments mercy if you have one in the U.S. (thats what i've beem told). They cant take it from you without compensation and have it destroyed

I think the 96-99 R33s are legal and the other ones are not. There's a NTer here who owned one. I can't remember his name right now though.

Skylines are recognized as EPA and DOT certified cars...You're at the governments mercy if you have one in the U.S. (thats what i've beem told). They cant take it from you without compensation and have it destroyed

Back
Top Bottom