Yasiin (Mos Def) & Talib Kweli are Black Star.....New Album 2012

[font='lucida grande', Tahoma, Verdana]http://www.ology.com/musi...ew-black-star-album-2012[/font]

We've all watched the Colbert Report performance where Talib Kweli and Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) linked up to drop a new Black Star track, and after all of the speculation of a reunion album to follow-up '98's Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star, Talib announced in an interview with MTV that rumors are true, which, you know, made everything else in life suddenly become irrelevant for the moment.

"I am working to put out a Black Star project for people to buy sometime next year," Talib said. "Me and Mos [Def] are focused on independence and quality of sound. We're really into a Madlib/Dilla thing right now. Anything you hear from us is probably going to be that type of sound. And it's about independence, so we are trying to find out the right mediums to get the songs out. When you heard 'Fix Up' on Colbert, it wasn't even mixed; it was something we recorded a week before. Now we're at the mixing stage of the song and we are going to put that out ourselves. We have a bunch of songs recorded. We are just trying to figure out the best way to release them, whether it's going to be one by one, EP or album. Right now, the plan is to release 'Fix Up' and then Yasiin is working on a Yasiin Bey Presents project and then we'll see how it goes."

So, the basic synopsis is that Yasiin and Talib are putting out a Dilla/Madlib influenced album, and that we'll also be getting a new LP from Yasiin (hit the jump to hear some new tracks). Like I said, all other facets of life have now become irrelevant.

tumblr_lkcfx1pYDJ1qg3uqyo1_400.gif

i dont get about cats who change they name
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
the only person who pulled this off was puff

people are still gonna call him by his OG name. "yasiin" will ALWAYS be mos def to me

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

i dont get about cats who change they name
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
the only person who pulled this off was puff

people are still gonna call him by his OG name. "yasiin" will ALWAYS be mos def to me
And Sadat X.

Cant wait to hear this album.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Only heard half of the first one. I'll pass on this.

Hmm why i'm not surprised? All you do is post videos from terrible artists. No shot at you but you are missing out man. One of the finest hip hop albums ever. 

Back
Top Bottom