Y'all are in luck - Backyard Brawl: Pittsburgh @ West Virginia - Vol. Win and onto Nawlins.

roll.gif

laugh.gif
Chris Fowler just said, "get a missing persons report out for Steve Slaton"

[table][tr][td]West Virginia Rushing[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]CAR[/td] [td]YDS[/td] [td]AVG[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]LG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Patrick White[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jarrett Brown[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Owen Schmitt[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steve Slaton[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Noel Devine[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Team[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]104[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]21[/td] [/tr][/table]

roll.gif

So yea I was there. Rewind to when we beat Uconn. The town was on cloud nine. People were getting the very last of the reservations; maxing out credit cardsfor tickets; planning tailgate parties to New Orleans.

Tonight, what I saw on that field was not WV Football. They were so damn tense. It did not come natural to them. Pitt was highly underestimated. Heck, Ispeculated to a few people "what if" we lost, but never thought it happening, in a millions years. IT'S PITT! From the blotched Field Goals,untimely injury to Patrick, Jarret Brown showing why he is second string and a freshman, the countless blown opportunities (it seemed like no one could convert3rd and short), to Pitt celebrating on the field after the loss, I truly +***#$# hate Pitt, and am sorely disappointed in the Mountaineer team..

8 hours later and I still can't believe we lost. It just seems unreal. It is most definitely my worst experience as a student here at WVU.

There is not much time to pout--White, Devine, Reynaud and hopefully Slaton will be back for another year.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!

The starting RB for WVU should be Noel Devine next year.....

I wonder what the NFL scouts are gonna think about Slaton after he leaves this year...

He better leave....Cause Lil' Noel gon mess around and snatch his spot this offseason....

Its funny Noel looks like that kid that was to fast for JV and played Varsity a year before he was suppose to and he has more heart in his big toe then SteveSlaton has in his whole body.

But seriously I wonder if Slaton will stay because he had a down year and honestly more carries to Noel MIGHT help him be more productive since he wouldnt haveto worry about the tough yardage they got their 5'7 160 pound back for that.

He will probably leave but if he stays one more year he might be able to shake that soft image the same way he shook those defenders for 11 yards on 9 carries.

Sorry KJL I had to (I was rooting for them this game because I wanted them in the NC)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Devine still a redshirt freshman? Supposedly Rodriguez played him sparingly so he wouldn't go over the amount aminutes a redshirt player could play and remain a redshirt. I sure do hope so. Even though he'll be off to the NFL before his eligibility is up, threeyears is much better than two.

Devine is a true freshman

i gotta agree with the Kool-Aid Pat White assessment... how is your team gonna be playing for a national championship, and your sitting on the sideline instreet clothes? where is the will to win? i know he came back, but with so little time left it doesnt even matter, and he was just unfocused when he went backin.

this guy does not have an NFL future

o man last night on College football game show. Lee Flowers was like "PUT A MISSING REPORT OUT FOR STEVE SLATON"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I think we took it pretty well. We are still going to a bowl game.

But it aint the championship, coach.

i gotta agree with the Kool-Aid Pat White assessment... how is your team gonna be playing for a national championship, and your sitting on the sideline in street clothes? where is the will to win? i know he came back, but with so little time left it doesnt even matter, and he was just unfocused when he went back in.
He couldn't move his thumb.

I don't want him out there if he's not going to be able to field shotgun snaps.

If you think Pat White has no "will to win", you're crazy. It's not like he has this bright NFL future and he's just coasting until thedraft because his stock is so high; this is all he has.

And it wasn't just him, the entire offense played as bas as they could all at once; I've never seen anything like it.

I'm not one of those moral victory type dudes, but that's all I can be right now -- we're still going to a BCS bowl.
ohwell.gif

Besides Schmitt and Villagrana (starting TE), the entire offense should be back. If Slaton goes, ask me if I care. The defense, on the other hand, takes a hugehit with graduation, especially the secondary. We'll get one starting lineman, two starting linebackers, and two starters in the secondary back, butthat's it.

Its funny Noel looks like that kid that was to fast for JV and played Varsity a year before he was suppose to and he has more heart in his big toe then Steve Slaton has in his whole body.

my dude said more heart in his big toe
roll.gif

it was on his non-throwing hand, tape it up to your index finger and get back in the game. doesnt tim tebow field shotgun snaps? he broke his non-throwing HANDand still led his team to victory. this dude takes off his pads and sits out 2+ quarters because of a thumb

and where was his will to win when he was healthy? because he wasnt doing jack +$$$ then either

I really feel bad for West Virginia, I think it has to be the unluckiest program of all time considering it has the more all-time wins than Miami, FloridaState, and even Florida but yet has no National Championships....

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

it was on his non-throwing hand, tape it up to your index finger and get back in the game. doesnt tim tebow field shotgun snaps? he broke his non-throwing HAND and still led his team to victory. this dude takes off his pads and sits out 2+ quarters because of a thumb

and where was his will to win when he was healthy? because he wasnt doing jack +$$$ then either

I couldnt agree more.
Tebos played with a Smashed Hand. Erik Ainge has played in at least 7 games with a horribly broken finger on his THROWING HAND.
Booty toughed it out with a broken finger on his THROWING HAND.

If there was anytime to show your team that YOU want this win no matter what, That was the game. vs your fiercest Rival. and Pat White sat on the bench. Now Imnot one to judge a person's pain threshold, but he played in the last couple series, that means to me, he coudla played the entire time.
and what showed me mroe abotu his heart, was 4th and 3. he handed it off getting it out of his hands as quickly as possible when the QB run and the Pitch wereWIDE OPEN. even Rich Rodriguez was like WHAT!
eek.gif
?!

I lost alot of confidence in Pat White last nite. Your heart shows when your losing ball games and you remain and fight, not when your up 25 vs UCONN orLouisville
smh.gif

and what showed me mroe abotu his heart, was 4th and 3. he handed it off getting it out of his hands as quickly as possible when the QB run and the Pitch were WIDE OPEN. even Rich Rodriguez was like WHAT!
eek.gif
?!
Well arent SS and Pat White roomates
nerd.gif
Birds of a featherflock together thats what i always heard
laugh.gif

Their feather just happens to be a pitcher of red kool aid

Back
Top Bottom