XBOX SCREWS ME AGAIN...SMH FOR THE 3RD TIME

lame

ps3 ftw indeed.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Im confused, is that a newer model? I thought the three rings error was eradicated? If not MS really needs to get their $!%# together.
No, the error hasn't been fixed. That's why the current failure rate is 52%. MS consumers need to make some noise about this. There is no reason why they should have to accept such a shoddy product because of a good online service. MS is taking advantage of their consumer base by doing this. It'll be interesting to see what people do when the warranty expires and they have to pay for a new CrapBox 360.
I think a lot of it has to do with the fan base. I would say a majority of people with 360s have parents that have money to blow. Little Johnnygets the RROD, no big deal, let's just get a new one.

I've never had an XBOX so i cant comment on RROD.

However, I've had a PS3 for around 3 years.
All my brothers use it so It's pretty much on all day and its never had any problems.

This is why Microsoft are in the lead. People buying 3 or more consoles cos they keep breaking.

But the two I've got have had no problems since purchase.

I got my 360 in '05 when they launched and it's still going strong. I've seen the RROD once or twice but they were false alarms.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

word xbox sucks so bad, mine has 3 rings and i'm not even bothering to go through the trouble of getting it fixed

won't they do it for free?

yeah, but only if your warranty is still in effect

mine decided to break AFTER the warranty was over FTL
warranty on RROD is 3 yrs

blah!

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

TheWindScar31 wrote:

Nike Star Jay wrote:

word xbox sucks so bad, mine has 3 rings and i'm not even bothering to go through the trouble of getting it fixed

won't they do it for free?

yeah, but only if your warranty is still in effect

mine decided to break AFTER the warranty was over FTL

warranty on RROD is 3 yrs

blah!

3yrs from when??

when u first get them ??? cuz i just got my first RROD on monday but have had my 360 for bout 2 years now

Originally Posted by JCH3

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I'm sayin, do you guys install the games on the HD? I heard that has a lot to do with three rings popping up over time...

Educate me...
Instead of playing the game from the disc you can install games to the HD and play them from the HD and it won't burn up your box. You stillhave to have the game disc IN the console, but you play from the HD pretty much.

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

I've had my 360 for 4 years and have yet to get the RROD's

yea same thing with me. But the drive in mine hardly opens, pisses me offf

I'm sayin, do you guys install the games on the HD? I heard that has a lot to do with three rings popping up over time...
Wait, I thought installing them helps prevent the chances of getting RROD....?

Originally Posted by JCH3

Educate me...
Instead of playing the game from the disc you can install games to the HD and play them from the HD and it won't burn up your box. You still have to have the game disc IN the console, but you play from the HD pretty much.
Oh OK, I thought there was more to it. I always do this just to cut down on loading times and to quiet it down some. Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

I remember when GTAIV came out, I went home to start up the 360 and the RROD came on. I was heated. So pissed that all my friends were on live playing GTAIV that I ended up buying the arcade 360 just so I can join em that night. After that fiasco I stopped buying 360 games and only purchased PS3 games.

923352654cc576a30370674ac744276084fb0ba.jpg
haha weird, I remember picking up GTAIV at midnight, coming home and booting up my xbox and I got the red ring of death, I was PISSED

Originally Posted by Rafool

Wait, I thought installing them helps prevent the chances of getting RROD....?
Yeah after re-reading my statement it def sounds like I meant it added to the problem. My bad. Definitely helps AVOID the rings from what i'veheard.

Still rockin my Sega Genesis. Gotta blow sometimes, but NBA JAM!
pimp.gif

I'll NEVER buy an X-Box.

funny, ive gotten the red rings 3 times. id just turn it off, go outside and chill on the block or run errands. the next day its working fine. i got my 360 in2006.

Back
Top Bottom