Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Rule number one on “gaming” headsets...

Dont buy them

Buy a good stereo headset and add a mic. Cheaper and way better if done correctly

Or exponentially more expensive and exponentially better sounding

Depends how far you wanna take it

I use Sennheiser HD650s and a vmoda mic or hyper X clouds and a condenser mic

Rule number one on “gaming” headsets...

Dont buy them

Buy a good stereo headset and add a mic. Cheaper and way better if done correctly

Or exponentially more expensive and exponentially better sounding

Depends how far you wanna take it

I use Sennheiser HD650s and a vmoda mic or hyper X clouds and a condenser mic

I have Sennheiser HD280s but the cable isn't detachable so I can't add a mic. My brother just gave me some B&W P5s but I haven't tried them for Xbox yet. Those Plantronics are only $24.99 though so I'm still considering them :lol:

I have Sennheiser HD280s but the cable isn't detachable so I can't add a mic. My brother just gave me some B&W P5s but I haven't tried them for Xbox yet. Those Plantronics are only $24.99 though so I'm still considering them :lol:

Yea 25 is tough to beat for both cans and mic, but i doubt a 25 dollar setup would be too enjoyable. Superlux (audio technica/open) and takstar (hyper x/closed) make affordable cans 35 or under. A mic shouldnt be more than another 20-30

50 bucks and itll be muchhhhh better soundIng then any gaming headset drivers at that price point

I prefer open headphones for the soundstage when gaming but some ppl need closed because of externl sounds. Thats the only distinguishable dif to me of either of those entry level joints

Yea 25 is tough to beat for both cans and mic, but i doubt a 25 dollar setup would be too enjoyable. Superlux (audio technica/open) and takstar (hyper x/closed) make affordable cans 35 or under. A mic shouldnt be more than another 20-30

50 bucks and itll be muchhhhh better soundIng then any gaming headset drivers at that price point

I prefer open headphones for the soundstage when gaming but some ppl need closed because of externl sounds. Thats the only distinguishable dif to me of either of those entry level joints
I've been rocking Phillips SHP9500/V-Moda BoomPro combo for a few months now. For just under $100 you can't beat it imo.

I've been rocking Phillips SHP9500/V-Moda BoomPro combo for a few months now. For just under $100 you can't beat it imo.

I was just about to say, I've been staring at those 9500s for what seems like months now. I have plenty of headphones but I've always wanted to try open back. I've also been considering splurging on the HD6XX on Massdrop (though I don't think they're compatible with external mics).

I used to have the audio technica ad700 with a Logitech mic mod but I sold it, pretty dumb of me

Now I use the astros a10 PS4 ones I really like them for the price, I just believe they could use that little adapter on the bottom of Xbox controller to get more power

Ehhh I bought the turtle beach 700 cause I wanted the wireless. I like em. Mic is good. Mutes when you fold it up. Also got them on sale so that helps. I’d never play with headphones again.

Fax. Those are GREAT headphones for the money, and good by any standard, i used thqt same setup for awhile but i gave the phillips to my cousin one time cuz he was braggin about super human hearing in his turtle beaches. Im like bruhhhh you dont have to distort the audio to hear footsteps loud and clear hah

Last edited:
Fun Fact: the turtle beach stream mic has zero latency 3.5mm connection and the same amp/dac/processer as the TB audio controller that plugs into the controller.

So stream mic plus any good heapdphones would be a greattt setup, no cords from the controller

Im gunna cop one and test it i think

Headphones I'm rocking with currently:
Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-XO-One-Amplified-Gaming-Headset-Xbox-One-0-0.jpg

Ehhh I bought the turtle beach 700 cause I wanted the wireless. I like em. Mic is good. Mutes when you fold it up.

I have the Astro ones that cost like $50 I think they are A10, but they are top notch for me and does the job.

Would recommend to anyone.

I can't see myself buying a damn headset that costs as much as the system I'm playing it on.

I do agree though that next headset I get I'm getting some high end headphones and I already have a V Moda boom mic from my previous headset.

I was just about to say, I've been staring at those 9500s for what seems like months now. I have plenty of headphones but I've always wanted to try open back. I've also been considering splurging on the HD6XX on Massdrop (though I don't think they're compatible with external mics).
Yeah those HD6XX's look like they have some kind of proprietary cord so I doubt you'd be able to use a mic with them. I've seen a bunch of people compare the SHP9500s favorably to the HD650s though, so at ~$50 you might get the best of both worlds.

Yeah those HD6XX's look like they have some kind of proprietary cord so I doubt you'd be able to use a mic with them. I've seen a bunch of people compare the SHP9500s favorably to the HD650s though, so at ~$50 you might get the best of both worlds.

all you need...

Amazon product ASIN B01C9U3XI4
this is how i rocked my ish for the old consoles... dss, this, bomm mic, any cans

Back
Top Bottom