Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Headset recommendations? Off Amazon if possible :nerd: .

Late to the party but grabbed COD WWII yesterday and need a new headset.
See below.

If anyone is in the market for a headset I highly recommend this setup. I've been using it over the past 2-3 weeks and I love it. Top notch results, and the best part is that it probably won't cost you any more than $90.

Headphones:
Phillips SHP9500 - ~$50-$70
Cheapest at the moment on NewEgg for $50
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA08C3H14853

Peep YouTube for reviews on these. You won't find a bad one, and most will tell you that these are in the same class as alot of $200-$300 pairs.

Microphone:
V-Moda BoomPro - $30
https://tinyurl.com/yaucb8gg (Amazon link)
Pretty much the only mic on the market that serves our purpose. Good thing is it's high quality and highly reviewed. This will connect to the AUX connection on the headphones to essentially turn them into a gaming headset.

I'll throw the details in a spoiler so people who aren't interested don't have to read/scroll :lol:.

Details:
Read anywhere online and it'll tell you that "gaming" headsets are usually overpriced and inferior quality (both sound and build quality) compared to regular over-ear headphones. Also anyone who's ever had a gaming headset will tell you that when they break it's most often due to the wire that connects the mic/headset to the controller. The 9500/BoomPro combo are connected via a detachable 3.5mm (AUX) connection which eliminates that issue. Cheap + high quality + idiot proof = win.

I've used Turtle Beaches since ~2009. After using the 9500/BoomPro setup for a few weeks I prefer the 9500s in every way. The sound quality isn't a huge difference, but it's definitely a noticeable difference. I can hear distance and direction much more accurately on the 9500s than I did on any of my previous Turtle Beach headsets. It's no longer "there's a guy to my right," it's "a guy is about to come through that door to the right". The comfort on them is wild too. I never even took comfort into account before I got these, but now I don't know how I used to play with my Beaches for prolonged periods. The fabric on the 9500s feels silky and they're so lightweight. Beaches feel like a vice grip in comparison.

One thing to note is that they're "open back". This means that technically you will hear sounds around you, and people around you will hear what you hear. But in my experience I have the game volume so loud that I can't hear much else.

All in all this combo is well worth the purchase, even if your budget is much higher. I put one of my boys on and he feels the same way.

Summary:
Cop Phillips SHP9500 headphones
Cop V-Moda BoomPro Mic
Plug the BoomPro into the 9500s via AUX, then plug into your controller
Flourish

Man those COD:MW days were the best. Don’t know if anything can capture those days again. With everyone being in party chat now it’s not as fun. Ya the racist kids were annoying but could be muted. Can’t even remember last time I heard someone in game chat for BF or COD :smh:

I played Kill confirmed the other day and heard some guy crying about team mates getting his tags :lol:

Man those COD:MW days were the best. Don’t know if anything can capture those days again. With everyone being in party chat now it’s not as fun. Ya the racist kids were annoying but could be muted. Can’t even remember last time I heard someone in game chat for BF or COD :smh:
Yeah I hate how the quality of voice chat is so much better in a party chat that you're pretty much forced to use it. I'm older now but trash talking in COD was part of the allure back in the day. I still wish they would require you to turn off party chat for S&D in COD though. That's where it usually went down.

06-10 for me.

Online gaming, modded systems and guitar hero definitely took away countless hours of my time
I made so much money in HS modding 360s and selling burnt games :lol:. Those were the days.

I will say that fun-wise, Fortnite is kind of capturing that same energy as my glory days of gaming from HS/college. Pretty much every day I can't wait to get on after work to run some games and chop it up with my boys.

Picking up my Xbox One S after work.

Is PUBG easy to pick up and play or is there a steep learning curve?

Picking up my Xbox One S after work.

Is PUBG easy to pick up and play or is there a steep learning curve?
youre going to be trash awhile. the good thing is ull still have fun and u might even get lucky and win before u even understand it all like I used to hah

I bought the Astro A10 and couldn't be happier. Very well made, and does the job.

I don't think a $200-$300 headset like the A40 or A50 was warranted for my needs and the $40-$50 A10 was more than good for me.

I understand the more expensive headsets are superior with sound and all other bells and whistles, but honestly for me needs a headset just needs for me to communicate clearly, hear enemies footsteps in COD, call outs and communicate for Halo, footsteps/movement in Fortnite, and communication in Destiny.

I say base it on the games you play or type of games you will play and plan to pick up. I don't like wireless because you have to keep charging the headset so I preferred wired. Look at the games you play frequently and plan to play and base your decision off of that on which headset to buy or how much to spend.
Go into your sound settings and change headset audio to dolby Atmos. Huge difference in sound quality and surround sound

youre going to be trash awhile. the good thing is ull still have fun and u might even get lucky and win before u even understand it all like I used to hah
Whenever the new map(s) arrive on the Xbox One, going to make that learning curve even harder.

Didn't know my gamertag from my xbox one days still existed lol.

I have PUBG and Overwatch. My GT is: Fozzy Badfeet

Any of you guys ever play cod competitively? (Gamebattles)

I did play GB’s and even UMG’s at one point.

Hard to find a dedicated roster, but I gave up on WW2 when they butchered the Ranked Play the way they did smh

I’ve never seen a game so destroyed through so many updates. Every update brought more bugs and didn’t fix much. Just nerfs and more bugs.

Yeah I hate how the quality of voice chat is so much better in a party chat that you're pretty much forced to use it. I'm older now but trash talking in COD was part of the allure back in the day. I still wish they would require you to turn off party chat for S&D in COD though. That's where it usually went down.

I made so much money in HS modding 360s and selling burnt games :lol:. Those were the days.

I will say that fun-wise, Fortnite is kind of capturing that same energy as my glory days of gaming from HS/college. Pretty much every day I can't wait to get on after work to run some games and chop it up with my boys.
Man all the smack talking was in S&D. There was so many times we’d friend a dude and have repeat matches. Usually dropping someone here and there till the full squad was on :lol: I miss those days.
Any of you guys ever play cod competitively? (Gamebattles)
I remember joining a clan for that and some dudes had us “practicing” routes and timing grenade throws. Just took it to a whole ‘nother level.

Back
Top Bottom