WWE SUMMERSLAM PPV 8/23 - Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk TLC Match, Orton vs Cena, DX Returns (p21)

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Prediction: Definitely not whoever mashed up Jericho and Show's theme.

moz-screenshot.png
laugh.gif

I'll probably tune in via stream, but entourage and hung will more than likely have most of my attention.

I dont even mess with the WWE games anymore, only wrestling games I can play are the old No Mercy/WCW vs NWO revenge and Firepro wrestling

oh and where are the streams at, if any one gets a chance pm me

Originally Posted by KingJay718

This cat Evan Bourne really resembles a cookie cutter superhero character.
laugh.gif

He rewinds me of Spence from From Kings Of Queens.

oswaltratatouille1.jpg

3277122469_205a6a0c3c.jpg

Am I reaching?
ohwell.gif

Was traveling all day. No time for an in depth preview. Here we go.

Cryme Tyme vs Chris Jericho and The Big Show (c) - Unified Tag Team Championship Match

Cryme Tyme isn't over enough. Jerishow retains.

The Great Khali vs Kane

Smackdown is short on top heels. Kane gets the win.

Jack Swagger vs MVP

It's a shame this match probably won't get any time (unless it's the opener). This one could really go either way. I'll go with Swaggerbecause I think the WWE has bigger plans for him.

Christian (c) vs William Regal - ECW Championship Match

Could be a great match if given time, although it probably won't. With Regal's new heel faction (Regal, Kozlov, Jackson), it makes sense for a DQfinish here.

Rey Mysterio Jr (c) vs Dolph Ziggler - Intercontinental Championship Match

Here's another case of the WWE not elevating new talent. Ziggler should win, but I think Mysterio will retain.

D-Generation X vs The Legacy

Best for business? Elevate Rhodes and Dibiase. HHH won't do what's best for business. DX in a squash.

Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena - WWE Championship Match

With HHH involved in DX, and no other top faces on Raw since they won't elevate any young stars, I think we'll see Orton vs Cena headline at least afew more cards. That means this one could go either way. I have a feeling Orton sneaks away with a victory.

Jeff Hardy (c) vs CM Punk - World Championship Tables Ladders and Chairs Match

As I'm writing this, all indications are Hardy's last day in the WWE is the Smackdown taping this Tuesday. Hardy could retain tonight and drop thetitle Tuesday, but I don't see it. This should be the match of the night with Punk getting the win and title.

If the card is worked right and the correct matches are given time, it could be a great show. We'll find out soon enough.

SummerSlam for the thread title? Awww... I thought it was universally accepted that the PPV will now forever be known as SummerFest.

My Predictions

World Heavyweight Championship - TLC
Jeff Hardy (c) vs. CM Punk

Something is telling me that Hardy will retain the belt tonight and lose it on Smackdown since that will be his last show, but I'm going to go with Punkfor the win.

Prediction: CM Punk - new World Heavyweight Champion

WWE Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena

Once again, something tells me that Cena will walk out as champ, but I will go with Orton. Since there has been a lot of people saying how Raw needs to elevatenew stars, I think Orton should retain and start a feud with someone fresh. (MVP hopefully ::Crosses Fingers:
smile.gif

Prediction: Randy Orton - Still WWE Champ

D-Generation X vs. Legacy

No Brainer here. D-X will get this victory.

Prediction: HHH & HBK

Intercontinental Championship
Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

2nd time will be the charm for Ziggler.

Prediction: Ziggler, New Intercontinental Champion

Unified Tag Team Championship
Chris Jericho & Big Show (c) vs. Cryme Tyme

Big Show and Jericho will win this one.

Prediction: Jericho and Show

MVP vs. Jack Swagger

I am HOPING that MVP will win this match and get elevated to challenge Orton for the belt. We are tired of seeing Orton/Cena/HHH, and it would give MVPmomentum and try to challenge for the belt at the next ppv by beating Swagger at Summerslam.

Prediction: MVP

Kane vs. The Great Khali

NO comment on this match.

Prediction: Khali

ECW Championship
Christian (c) vs. William Regal

Christian should be holding on to the strap for a while. He's the top wrestler right now on ECW, and it would really suck to have Regal as ECW champion.

Prediction: Christian - Still ECW Champion

just stay posted in this one Nike Jordan quit tryin to be the thread started 4w has that title

anyways here are my predictions

i hoenstly think Jerishow will hold on to these tag titles for quite some time. this is one of the matches i'm lookin foward to ONLY cause jericho's inthis match
pimp.gif

Prediction: Jerishow retains

i respect Kane as a person but as a wrestler and the way hes booked i dont give a damn! and only reason Khali still has a job is cause of his internationalconnection. either way i could care less for this match i can't believe they have this match over Kofi competing for his US title. WAY elevate youryoungsters. if anything this match should be a dark match at BEST
Prediction: i guess Kane?

i think MVP will put Swagger over cleanly but deep down i think they'll give a face a victory. either way whoever wins this match gains a lot either way soi think i'm gonna go with Swagger; i think whoever wins this will feud with kofi maybe? i think this or the tag match with jerishow should start off theppv
Prediction: lots of back and forth but SWAGGER will win this

I only see two scenerios happening in this match.either kozlov/zeke interfere and either help Reagal win this match or DQ this match. either way i dont seethis being a clean finish and thus will contintue their feud
Prediction: Christian gets the win by DQ

this is another match i am looking foward to. this match can go either way. either they FINALLY give Ziggler the strap or they have Mysterio hold onto thetitle a lil longer and look strong. i think he brings meaning BACK to the IC and i'm glad its on smackdown cause the smackdown writers can do no wrongunlike RAW and their bookings with the US title.
smh.gif
anyways i honestly see Ziggler FINALLY winning the IC title at the big stage. smackdown writers are finallygonna give Ziggler the keys and see what he can do.
Prediction: Ziggler NEW IC champ

and to think THIS was going to be headlining summerfest and be the main event!?
indifferent.gif
anyways i see this as a squash match and DX one night ONLY
eyes.gif
and HOPEFULLY one night only
Prediction: Legacy gets BURIED

whats strange is eversince Orton got into a feud with cena Legacy stopped helping orton and stopped following him around. so with them out of the picture onewould wonder how he's going to weasal his way out of his matches or cowardly win his matches. hopefully that means we see the old legend killer anddominate..well not dominate but cleanly win his matches?
laugh.gif
anyways iDONT see cena winning the strap BUT i dont see this being their last match. on second thought maybe cena will win it but orton gets his rematch clause? the Ewants to end summer slam on a good note so maybe this will be the last match and cena wins. but inside i feel they need to keep the strap on orton.
Prediction: if this is the last match CENA wins if not ORTON retains

i HOPE this is the last match of the night. i am REALLY lookin foward to this match. as said before i LOVE this HEEL character punk has created. its somethingdifferent and its effective. i have a couple scenerios for this match. MAYBE Jeff Hardy could get attacked again backstage or something of that nature likewhat happened before? and that'll leave an opening for Punk's opponent and that could leave the door open for Morrison? and leaves questions as to whoattacked him and maybe that attack can get hardy off tv since he wants time off and later down the road someone confesses like maybe a future heel Morrison?anyways back to reality
laugh.gif
i think Punk will win this or maybe they throwa swerve and have Hardy retain but then is injured BADDD and has to let go of the belt on smackdown thus letting him leave smackdown. eitherw ay i see Punkbeing champ
pimp.gif

Prediction: CM PUNK NEW CHAMP!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom