WWE ROYAL RUMBLE SUN JAN 27 | CENA WINS THE RUMBLE | ROCK DEFEATS PUNK TO WIN WWE TITLE

OK but isn't Punk the "heel" ? Aren't people supposed to win if they are a face? Or at least the fans supposed to be happy about that?

What aspect are you all judging this from? Just to be against the grain? Or is there a legitimate reason of why the rock should have lost?

I don't read much into storylines etc so I really want to understand.
Heel means nothing. He is a heel but he gets OVER with the fans very much so because of his ability in the ring AND on the mic. And the fact that he was ballsy enough to take things to a new level and cross some lines, especially with his promos. That ability to be "controversial" hasn't been around since Stone Cold left.

I've always liked Punk because he kept it real. Wasn't fake or anything. What you saw is what you get. And his in ring ability is unmatched by anyone in the WWE (except for Daniel Bryan). 

Watch this promo and you will understand why people love him so much. Then proceed to watch his match against Cena at MITB. Watch how nuts the crowd goes even though Punk was the heel.

I agree I felt the same way last year when they had the best of this era get his *** kicked by the Rock who didn't wrestle for however many years.  Its all gonna work itself out though just watch.   Cena will win the rematch and Punk will end Undertaker's streak with a clean win.
No way is Taker losing to Punk at WM. WWE has built the streak for 20 years. No way are they going to throw away 2 decades worth of work. When Taker is in WM, it's pretty much a given he will win. 

OK but isn't Punk the "heel" ? Aren't people supposed to win if they are a face? Or at least the fans supposed to be happy about that?

What aspect are you all judging this from? Just to be against the grain? Or is there a legitimate reason of why the rock should have lost?

because the Rock comes back after all the time away from the sport only to beat the top guy at Mania then be handed a title shot 9 months later without another match.  When guys like Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan bust there a**es  all year long yet they always end up getting screwed.

because the Rock comes back after all the time away from the sport only to beat the top guy at Mania then be handed a title shot 9 months later without another match.  When guys like Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan bust there a**es  all year long yet they always end up getting screwed.
Exactly. I remember Punk saying something along the lines of "You know it's bad when a submission technician like Daniel Bryan has to come up with a little catch phrase in order to get over with the crowd"

No way is Taker losing to Punk at WM. WWE has built the streak for 20 years. No way are they going to throw away 2 decades worth of work. When Taker is in WM, it's pretty much a given he will win. 
Taker is old and its time for him to put somebody over.  Why not CM Punk?   Taker only has a match or 2 left in him.   Who else is he gonna put over Cena? Ryback?  

I do not get you guys sometimes. You talk about getting over clean and looking weak but Punk ain't won clean in like 6 months...... Rock wins CLEAN and yall complain, Punk looks weak for months with the help of the shield and all yall talk about is PUNK GOD? :smh: You really wanted it to end like that tho? Good PPV for me. I'll give it a B+ just for the swerve.
Yes Punk hasnt been winning clean , but a lot of times thats what heels do. They cheat to win.  But as long as they continue to win they look strong, unbeatable. They find a way to win.

I'm just pissed the rock is champion , it really cant benefit the company at all in the long run i think it will hurt the direction. I assume cena is going to beat rock and what does that do but give us the same exact crap for almost 10 years straight, disgusting. Once cenas gone wwe is screwed. what happens if tomorrow cena suffers a career ending injury. Who would wwe turn to........ well i don't even think they know:smh:

but optimistically hopefully rock changes the title belt

How can Rock winning hurt the company? It's hurting the company with buys and viewership being down, and the roster can't step to the plate and drive in runs, so they're forced to bring in the DH. The roster lacks charisma, and Rock brings that. WWE is treating the mid card gingerly so it won't kill their building process. If Cena left they'd find another.

I hate all the Rock fans that only watch wrestling when he's back for his part time movie promoting gig...posers.

I do not get you guys sometimes. You talk about getting over clean and looking weak but Punk ain't won clean in like 6 months...... Rock wins CLEAN and yall complain, Punk looks weak for months with the help of the shield and all yall talk about is PUNK GOD? :smh: You really wanted it to end like that tho? Good PPV for me. I'll give it a B+ just for the swerve.
Yes Punk hasnt been winning clean , but a lot of times thats what heels do. They cheat to win.  But as long as they continue to win they look strong, unbeatable. They find a way to win.

I'm just pissed the rock is champion , it really cant benefit the company at all in the long run i think it will hurt the direction. I assume cena is going to beat rock and what does that do but give us the same exact crap for almost 10 years straight, disgusting. Once cenas gone wwe is screwed. what happens if tomorrow cena suffers a career ending injury. Who would wwe turn to........ well i don't even think they know:smh:

but optimistically hopefully rock changes the title belt

How can Rock winning hurt the company? It's hurting the company with buys and viewership being down, and the roster can't step to the plate and drive in runs, so they're forced to bring in the DH. The roster lacks charisma, and Rock brings that. WWE is treating the mid card gingerly so it won't kill their building process. If Cena left they'd find another.

If it's not hurting the revenue, then why not continue in the route that Jordan Brand goes. Quantity over quality. It's clear that the WWE or Vince is thinking short term and $$$ over long term and the quality of the product.

Big money match or not, I find it disheartening that not only is the Wrestlemania main event a rematch of a decent (at best) match from the previous year, but it is also easily the most predictable main event of all time.  Suspension of disbelief aside, we all know exactly how this match is going to end.  There's something to be said about suspense and this Wrestlemania won't have that.

Taker is old and its time for him to put somebody over.  Why not CM Punk?   Taker only has a match or 2 left in him.   Who else is he gonna put over Cena? Ryback?  
If Taker was going to lose it should have been a couple years ago preferably when Punk was still doing the Straight Edge Society, but at this point he has to retire 20-0. Everyone would rage if he lost.
Big money match or not, I find it disheartening that not only is the Wrestlemania main event a rematch of a decent (at best) match from the previous year, but it is also easily the most predictable main event of all time.  Suspension of disbelief aside, we all know exactly how this match is going to end.  There's something to be said about suspense and this Wrestlemania won't have that.
Sums up how many on Twitter felt.

"Twice In A Lifetime".

Last edited:

Heel means nothing. He is a heel but he gets OVER with the fans very much so because of his ability in the ring AND on the mic. And the fact that he was ballsy enough to take things to a new level and cross some lines, especially with his promos. That ability to be "controversial" hasn't been around since Stone Cold left.

I've always liked Punk because he kept it real. Wasn't fake or anything. What you saw is what you get. And his in ring ability is unmatched by anyone in the WWE (except for Daniel Bryan). 

Watch this promo and you will understand why people love him so much. Then proceed to watch his match against Cena at MITB. Watch how nuts the crowd goes even though Punk was the heel.

repped.

Two of the best nights in the recent wrestling era. My city's crowd was epic that night. No salutes from Cena Hogan to the crowd or smiles/smirks

While I don't have a problem with Rock winning tonight, what really irks me how he got the title shot in the first place.

How the hell you gone just go on Raw and say you have a WWE title match at one of biggest WWE PPVs when you've been MIA for months and have done nothing to deserve a title shot in the first place.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

A better scenario would've been Rock coming back at the Rumble but participate in the Royal Rumble match itself so that he could earn his title match.

Also they should've kept the belt on Punk until Mania so that he could fight Rock then. Keep Super Saiyan 10 Cena out of the title picture and let him fight Undetaker at Mania.

I know the majority of you don't like it, but Rock/Cena II was a foregone conclusion.

The WWE's posterboy has to redeem himself for losing clean on the biggest PPV of the year, and also Vince probably creamed his pants after he saw the buys Wrestlemania 28 based off the hype of Rock/Cena I and wanted to capitalize off of that be doing a rematch for the title.

Back
Top Bottom