WWE Meaningless Throwaway Gimmick PPV - Tonight

the problem is that the brands are so obviously watered down...why not make all the shows even?

talent-wise, RAW>SMACKDOWN>ECW...but show-wise? SMACKDOWN>ECW>RAW because you can't take any chances on RAW for fear of ruining the kiddiedemographic...

Just make SMACKDOWN and ECW like the attitude-era and leave RAW for the kids.

/rant

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

I once again am probably in the minority, but I enjoy the idea of brand vs. brand.

If it were more developed, I'm sure more people would be into it.

Run ins on the shows, etc.

It was also brought up in here, but what about ECW?
I don't think anyone hates the brand vs brand idea, It's just how its being worked at the moment. Looking at the SD team makes itunappealing.

Nigel McGuinness signs with TNA, NOT WWE.

Plans have changed for former Ring of Honor star Nigel McGuinness. Nigel has signed with TNA Wrestling rather than WWE and is in Orlando, Florida at the TNA Impact taping. McGuinness is backstage along with former TNA star Tyson Tomko.

Nigel McGuinness is telling people backstage at the TNA iMPACT! tapings today that he opted to sign with TNA because WWE took too long to send his contract. TNA officials then stepped in and struck a deal with McGuinness.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Obviously a great acquisition by TNA. Dixie Carter has repeatedly made it a point to build up theyounger stars so IF TNA gets the ball rolling with that (who knows with Russo and Ferrara having control of creative[/color]
eyes.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)])...then they'll obviously have something special with Nigel.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Bryan Danielson is reportedly still coming to WWE. It'll be interesting to compare their careersdown the line since both left at the same time from ROH and will take different paths.[/color]

Jim Ross suffers another Bells Palsy attack; updates through his blog.
tired.gif

We were notified earlier this afternoon that Jim Ross has suffered another Bell's Palsy attack. JR will not be at tonight's tapings as this week's edition of SmackDown will be called by Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler. Todd Grisham is off on his honeymoon.

Ross suffered previous Bell's Palsy attacks in 1994 and 1998.

- Jim Ross first blogged about suffering his third Bell's Palsy attack this morning. JR wrote:

It was an interesting plane ride from OKC to Columbia, South Carolina Monday night. On my flight from OKC to Atlanta I had my 3rd Bells palsy attack.

I was able to reach WWE doctors who were in Jacksonville for Raw and they were able to call in the medicines I needed to get started on to slow down the paralysis. Now we just wait and see how the meds work and Mother Nature takes her course.

Click here to read the full blog.

- This is an update on my previous blog. Not the news I wanted to share.

It has been decided that I should not risk further issues by working tonight and I am in the process of arranging a flight back to OKC so I can see a neurologist on Wednesday.

Life is about facing the challenges we encounter so I am going to do all I can to get better and back at the announce desk asap. I wish I had more answers but I simply don't at this time.

I want to be a part of Bragging Rights but only time will tell if that will be physically possible. My passion and love for the game is in tact but I have to do what's best for my long term health.

Click here to read JR's latest in its entirety.

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

I once again am probably in the minority, but I enjoy the idea of brand vs. brand.

If it were more developed, I'm sure more people would be into it.
Exactly. Brands are meaningless 49 weeks a year. You can't expect people to all of a sudden care and believe the wrestlers care about theirbrands for three weeks because the WWE tells us to.

Huge score for TNA. I'm excited to see Nigel there, along with some of the match possibilities (Angle, Joe, Styles).

Back when the brand origionaly split, brand vs brand was exciting since they only mixed it up a few times a year. Now it is monthly at ppvs, and at raws andsds before ppvs.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Huge score for TNA. I'm excited to see Nigel there, along with some of the match possibilities (Angle, Joe, Styles).
According to the spoilers he'll be getting involved w/ 1 of the 3 you posted this thursday. His new name is Desmond Wolf, gotta get used tothat.

I really want to see Danielson in TNA as well. With a lot of the old guys leaving TNA (Book, Steiner, etc), this can really help TNA get more exposure. And Ithink his Indy style would work better in TNA. We'll just have to wait and see though.

Anyone going to either of the Hogan signings in NY next week? My buddy told me he's charging $50 a pop. Well, he does have to pay for Nick's autoinsurance.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

According to the spoilers he'll be getting involved w/ 1 of the 3 you posted this thursday. His new name is Desmond Wolf, gotta get used to that.

grin.gif

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

Anyone going to either of the Hogan signings in NY next week? My buddy told me he's charging $50 a pop. Well, he does have to pay for Nick's auto insurance.
wowww 50$?? Good thing I got his autograph from Toys R Us back in 02, and all I had to do was buy a 10$ action figure. Guess Hogan needs everydime he can get after that divorce.

No ECW Title match on the ppv again?
smh.gif

And the new ECW ring announcer is
alien.gif

Anyone think Christian can still go to Smackdown and feud with Jericho?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom