Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

giphy.gif

idk if yall listen to the cool kids but their new song "running man" has a kevin owens reference. funny cause im used to the savage, austin, rock reference in rap songs just weird to hear kevin owens.

will check it out when I get out of work.

I know Bronson references wrestling a lot. The song with Wiz "the Rockers" is one of my favorites and he references Jannetty.

Cruiserweight division isn't special anymore because the main eventers do the same flashy moves.

Wasn't the case in the mid to late 90s

yeah, WCW and NJPW Juniors just **** all over what is going on now. Not to take away from the guys trying, I think they are hamstrung by what the E want them to do. That is why guys like Will and Rick O'Shea will flounder here on the main roster. Hell, I don't even have faith they could work with Hiromu, Dragon Lee, or Kushida, so what does that say about what they would do for flips and dives?

At least w/ the Cruiserweight division in WCW, they let wrestlers get in 15-20 min matches. And if I remember correctly, cw's would fight other wrestlers not even in the division.

If cw wrestlers weren't confined to just 205 Live and a 5 minute match on raw, perhaps they would be able to shine more. It'd be sweet to see them fight other wrestlers on the roster regardless of weight class.

Cruiserweight division isn't special anymore because the main eventers do the same flashy moves.

Also stop trying to separate them let them wrestle the big dogs.
I watched a interview with Flair and he said they never let say like Rey Jr see what he could do with Hogan and such. So true.

Some of yall got that Buddha belly to go with it! :wink:

that is a fuel tank, good sir.

the pacing and technique is different, and that's what should be emphasized. even with lower-card matches, there's a big difference between Heath Slater and Mustafa Ali.

At least w/ the Cruiserweight division in WCW, they let wrestlers get in 15-20 min matches. And if I remember correctly, cw's would fight other wrestlers not even in the division.

If cw wrestlers weren't confined to just 205 Live and a 5 minute match on raw, perhaps they would be able to shine more. It'd be sweet to see them fight other wrestlers on the roster regardless of weight class.

Revisionist History.

Most of the CW matches on Nitro were between 4 and 6 mins.

PPV, different story

Back
Top Bottom