Wrestling Thread October 1st-31st/ No Mercy Tonight At 8PM ET/ Dolph Zigger Last Match

^ Everybody was laughing in that video -- peep Jeff going out of frame at the end

laugh.gif

^ Everybody was laughing in that video -- peep Jeff going out of frame at the end

:lol:

Jeff turned his head while locked up with the kangaroo since he could only hold out so long. you know he just laughed at Matt at that point. :lol:

Reading between the lines on this whole situation, my belief is ADR basically just forced the company to release him on HIS terms. That's rather interesting.

Anyone listen to Jericho podcast with KO?

He mention Undertaker violated him
laugh.gif

Said " the company is going down the tube if Vince puts the undisputed titles on him "

And thats when Jericho found out he was winning
Link?
http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=593&pid=1673469
Very good listen

WWE really is full of ROH dudes now -- Cesaro / Thami / Sext / KO / Jimmy Jacobs / Neville / DBry

ADR doesn't need WWE money. Dude came to the E in 2010 rich in real life. Good for him to part ways without any restrictions.

Now Paige. I worry about her. Super talented, strong following. I can see her coming back down the road when she's more mature.

Last edited:
2K17 commentating once again sounds brutal based off that trailer alone.

Sup everyone, haven't been in here in a few days :wow:

Last edited:
No good luck on your future endeavors..
Yeah, it was mainly how they chose to announce his release and what they said. That's where I started to read between the lines. Why are both parties portraying it as an amicable split when we know it's not the case? Well...

ADR's last split with the company was bad. We all know ADR's version of it and how there were allegations of racial discrimination. If anyone remembers though, WWE commented on ADR's previous release through statements on their own Twitter page. They NEVER do that for anyone...that's supposed to be a corporate social media tool to link followers to their website and other content. I found that bizarre, and IMO a big indication of how much bad blood there was between both sides. Racial discrimination is a touchy subject for any big company, but especially one who cares so much about headlines and the Latino market.

Fast forward to now...once again there's some bad blood, but for different reasons. ADR was brought back by Vince himself, who oversold what they were gonna do with him. ADR gets disillusioned, starts phoning it in, and at the same time decides a few females on the roster could use some Mexican picante. Triple H hates him.

Through his lawyers, ADR informs the WWE he is invoking the opt-out clause in his contract to leave the company. He informs them after the infamous events of the draft. Shortly thereafter he fails a test and gets suspended. Who knows what really happened there, but here's where it gets sort of interesting...

WWE had the right to keep him off TV until October. Sometime in October the early opt-out clause would finally go into effect and then it's officially splitsville. But apparently ADR didn't want to wait that long, and clearly wasn't happy about the failed test. He leaks details to his wrestling media friends of how the company violated by harassing his girlfriend over their relationship. He sets up a news conference by the end of this week (today) to answer all questions. He invites the Mexican media to this conference.

He knows this company is deathly afraid of bad publicity, and uses that as leverage as he threatens to answer all the whispers and rumors...in TWO different languages. WWE then changes course and releases him right away (mind you, he hasn't finished serving out the full 30 days of his suspension
laugh.gif
). So WWE relents, but under the condition that this scheduled press conference never takes place (UPDATE: it did take place) and each side announces an amicable split to the public for PR reasons.

ADR wins.

EDIT: I added an update after @Peep Game's post.
laugh.gif
I think most of my theory still holds up though.

Last edited:

Yeah, it was mainly how they chose to announce his release and what they said. That's where I started to read between the lines. Why are both parties portraying it as an amicable split when we know it's not the case? Well...

ADR wins.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/9...-rio-press-conference-wwe-paige-mexico-future

El Patron said that’s also why his WWE exit is not subject to any non-compete restrictions. He’s eligible to work in Mexico effective immediately, and in the U.S. beginning in October. He’s in conversations to work with AAA and CMLL, but doesn’t plan to sign exclusively with either one. His plan is to wrestle approximately 60 matches per year for the next couple years, then retire. He indicated he’s in talks to be President and commentator of a mixed martial arts promotion (Rodriguez, as Dos Caras Jr, pursued MMA in Japan prior to signing with WWE).

Alberto-4.jpg

Paige.jpg

ADR's last split with the company was bad. We all know ADR's version of it and how there were allegations of racial discrimination. If anyone remembers though, WWE commented on ADR's previous release through statements on their own Twitter page. They NEVER do that for anyone...that's supposed to be a corporate social media tool to link followers to their website and other content. I found that bizarre, and IMO a big indication of how much bad blood there was between both sides. Racial discrimination is a touchy subject for any big company, but especially one who cares so much about headlines and the Latino market.

Fast forward to now...once again there's some bad blood, but for different reasons. ADR was brought back by Vince himself, who oversold what they were gonna do with him. ADR gets disillusioned, starts phoning it in, and at the same time decides a few females on the roster could use some Mexican picante. Triple H hates him.

Through his lawyers, ADR informs the WWE he is invoking the opt-out clause in his contract to leave the company. He informs them after the infamous events of the draft. Shortly thereafter he fails a test and gets suspended. Who knows what really happened there, but here's where it gets sort of interesting...

WWE had the right to keep him off TV until October. Sometime in October the early opt-out clause would finally go into effect and then it's officially splitsville. But apparently ADR didn't want to wait that long, and clearly wasn't happy about the failed test. He leaks details to his wrestling media friends of how the company violated by harassing his girlfriend over their relationship. He sets up a news conference by the end of this week (today) to answer all questions. He invites the Mexican media to this conference.

He knows this company is deathly afraid of bad publicity, and uses that as leverage as he threatens to answer all the whispers and rumors...in TWO different languages. WWE then changes course and releases him right away (mind you, he hasn't finished serving out the full 30 days of his suspension
laugh.gif
). So WWE relents, but under the condition that this scheduled press conference never takes place, and each side announces an amicable split to the public for PR reasons.

ADR wins.
Damn, this makes sense. ADR flexed on Vince twice + took one of Vince's top female wrasslers with him.

Also note how friendly/positive ADR comes off in the Mexican press conference with no bad words about WWE -- Vince probably told him "I owe you one."

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Yeah man Del Rio got that juice now. Dude took that check and Paige from Vince. Del Rio>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>** ****

@Peep Game Ahhhh okay, so the press conference DID take place. Thanks for the heads up. I made an edit to my post, but I still think my theory holds up because look at what transpired there.

This part was VERY interesting...
El Patron said that’s also why his WWE exit is not subject to any non-compete restrictions. He’s eligible to work in Mexico effective immediately, and in the U.S. beginning in October. He’s in conversations to work with AAA and CMLL, but doesn’t plan to sign exclusively with either one.
He had generally favorable things to say about the company, and never once mentioned his Wellness suspension, or Paige. He spoke of not being happy during his second run, claiming he was losing his passion for wrestling and thinking about leaving for several months. He indicated this was because he’d accomplished everything there was to do in the company, so there were no more challenges.
According to the former WWE champ, the exit negotiations went so well the door is open for a return someday.
Wow, so he got the non-compete restrictions removed and can work in Mexico effective immediately.
laugh.gif

All those sweet things said in the press conference about the WWE was DEFINITELY part of the deal he made with Vince. This was handled so clean on both sides that it should be fairly obvious something is up.

Swagberto handling his business.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom