Wrestling Thread Oct 25-21 | 10/29 Smackdown - Undertaker Funeral | New #1 Contender

In regards to WWE's lawsuit against the state of Connecticut.....

WWE sent out a release saying that Secretary of State Susan Bysiewicz notified all Registrars of Voters and town clerks in Connecticut via e-mail to allow people wearing WWE merchandise to vote.

The WWE is using this as a victory over Richard Blumenthal as well.  

"Attorney General Richard Blumenthal should have immediately stepped in to enforce the law.  As a result of the Attorney General's inaction, I brought suit to enfroce these basic, fundamental constitutional rights.  Within hours of filing the lawsuit, Blumenthal recused himself,and Bysiewicz reversed her position." wrote Vince McMahon.

Vince has completely lost it.  You might run wrestling, but you'll never run this country.

WWE sent out a release saying that Secretary of State Susan Bysiewicz notified all Registrars of Voters and town clerks in Connecticut via e-mail to allow people wearing WWE merchandise to vote.

"Attorney General Richard Blumenthal should have immediately stepped in to enforce the law.  As a result of the Attorney General's inaction, I brought suit to enfroce these basic, fundamental constitutional rights.  Within hours of filing the lawsuit, Blumenthal recused himself,and Bysiewicz reversed her position." wrote Vince McMahon.

Vince has completely lost it.  You might run wrestling, but you'll never run this country.

Maryse speaks out:
WWE Diva Maryse was interviewed by the UK Sun last week and had some interesting things to say about her on-screen character, being a sexy Diva in today's "PG" environment, whether she has a boyfriend and fans spitting at her. Here are some highlights of what Maryse said about:

Being a Sexy Diva in Today's "PG" Environment:

"We do wear revealing outfits but it's not like wearing a g-string like in the past. I'd never wear that - I don't think it would be very comfortable. Our outfits are sexy but not provocative to the point where people will say, 'oh my God, my kids can't watch this.'"

Her Personal Life - Does She Have A Boyfriend?

"I'm not married but I'm dating. I have a great boyfriend, he's not a wrestler."

The rigorous WWE travel schedule:

"What we do is physical and very hard on the body. I travel 300 days a year which is tough. Sometimes we're up at 4am for a flight. The show stays brilliant because all the stars compete to keep it interesting."

Her on-screen character and fans spitting at her:

"I would compare what I do to being a rock star, a movie star and professional wrestling star combined together. I don't take anything seriously. But Maryse's ring character is like, 'you want to look like me, be like me, have everything I have but you can't.' I'd like to get my character to point where people really, truly want to fricking kill me."

Fans Spitting On Her:

"Fans know my hair is my thing - I flip my hair every time I get in the ring - and believe it or not some spit in my hair. They can't touch to you so they spit on you. They get really into it."
I thought she was with the Miz
nerd.gif

Maryse speaks out:
WWE Diva Maryse was interviewed by the UK Sun last week and had some interesting things to say about her on-screen character, being a sexy Diva in today's "PG" environment, whether she has a boyfriend and fans spitting at her. Here are some highlights of what Maryse said about:

Being a Sexy Diva in Today's "PG" Environment:

"We do wear revealing outfits but it's not like wearing a g-string like in the past. I'd never wear that - I don't think it would be very comfortable. Our outfits are sexy but not provocative to the point where people will say, 'oh my God, my kids can't watch this.'"

Her Personal Life - Does She Have A Boyfriend?

"I'm not married but I'm dating. I have a great boyfriend, he's not a wrestler."

The rigorous WWE travel schedule:

"What we do is physical and very hard on the body. I travel 300 days a year which is tough. Sometimes we're up at 4am for a flight. The show stays brilliant because all the stars compete to keep it interesting."

Her on-screen character and fans spitting at her:

"I would compare what I do to being a rock star, a movie star and professional wrestling star combined together. I don't take anything seriously. But Maryse's ring character is like, 'you want to look like me, be like me, have everything I have but you can't.' I'd like to get my character to point where people really, truly want to fricking kill me."

Fans Spitting On Her:

"Fans know my hair is my thing - I flip my hair every time I get in the ring - and believe it or not some spit in my hair. They can't touch to you so they spit on you. They get really into it."
I thought she was with the Miz
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

It was completely out of line for the State to ban any voter from wearing WWE clothing to the polls. I'm not supporting the McMahon's involvement in politics but he did have a point. You can't tell people what and what not to wear at the polls. There's no arguing that.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

It was completely out of line for the State to ban any voter from wearing WWE clothing to the polls. I'm not supporting the McMahon's involvement in politics but he did have a point. You can't tell people what and what not to wear at the polls. There's no arguing that.

WWE is advertising that the King of the Ring concept is scheduled to return as a one-night special for the three-hour Raw in Philadelphia, PA on 11/29. The show takes place at the Wells Fargo Center.

pimp.gif

WWE is advertising that the King of the Ring concept is scheduled to return as a one-night special for the three-hour Raw in Philadelphia, PA on 11/29. The show takes place at the Wells Fargo Center.

pimp.gif

So has anyone picked up SvR 2011? How is it?

I heard it's actually worse than 2010.

I live in CT and NEVER considered voting for Linda. I mean, she botched the Stunner! Seriously though, her commercials come on every 3 minutes and on any network. I didnt know owing a wrestling promotion made you a quality candidate to run the country. I will be going to SD in Bridgeport next Tuesday and will be chanting for Blumenthal.

I live in CT and NEVER considered voting for Linda. I mean, she botched the Stunner! Seriously though, her commercials come on every 3 minutes and on any network. I didnt know owing a wrestling promotion made you a quality candidate to run the country. I will be going to SD in Bridgeport next Tuesday and will be chanting for Blumenthal.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

I got the game yesterday, I only played it once, but I will say that the WWE Universe mode is pretty cool, which you play regular matches, but it has that Career mode feel to it. What I mean by that is, you have people interrupting your matches and you pretty much play on a authentic WWE schedule. The graphics are nice. Shamus  is nice on that game also.. I already have him as the WWE champ..lol

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

I got the game yesterday, I only played it once, but I will say that the WWE Universe mode is pretty cool, which you play regular matches, but it has that Career mode feel to it. What I mean by that is, you have people interrupting your matches and you pretty much play on a authentic WWE schedule. The graphics are nice. Shamus  is nice on that game also.. I already have him as the WWE champ..lol

* There has been talk going around about Lesnar working WrestleMania 27 in a deal similar to that of Floyd Mayweather from a few years back. Some sources don't believe a formal offer was made but are sure that the talk did exist. This information was a well guarded secret that very few people knew about.

* WWE creative didn't know what was real or worked the next day but were eventually clued in and told to start coming up with ideas. There is talk this week of Lesnar special refereeing Undertaker's WrestleMania match, which now could be against Kane or Wade Barrett.

In addition to the return of the King of the Ring tournament for the Nov. 29 episode of Monday Night Raw, themes for two other three-hour episodes of the program have been announced.

The Nov. 15 episode of Rawtaking place in Hershey, Pennsylvania will feature an "Old School" theme with appearances by WWE Legends.

Advertising for the show is as follows: "WWE throws it back Old School when Monday Night Raw takes place live from Hershey's Giant Center! See your favorite Raw/SmackDown and WWE Legends Live in Hershey!"

It has also been announced that the Dec. 13 Rawin New Orleans, Louisiana will feature the annual Slammy Awards show. Superstars from both Raw and SmackDown are scheduled to appear.

- As noted before, Chavo Guerrero is the man behind Jack Swagger's eagle mascot. Look for WWE to reveal Chavo as the mascot on TV as part of a storyline.

- Daniel Bryan paid tribute to Lance Storm, who was in attendance, at the RAW in Calgary a few weeks back with the "If I can be serious for a minute" line. That line was actually suggested by Dolph Ziggler, who was originally trained by Storm.

- MVP got some more heat on him with WWE officials for his Twitter comments recently about not getting a push.

- One of the reasons the Kaitlyn vs. Maxine match on the October 19th NXT was so bad is because the ring was late in being set up and the Rookies had no time to go through the match. The ring set up was delayed because they had to rig the ring for The Undertaker's angle where he pulled Kane down through it at the end of SmackDown.

- WWE's cable network launch has been delayed by several months. The network was originally targeted to launch in early 2011 but the new date to go live is January of 2012.

-- A photo has surfaced online of the Rawscript ring announcer Justin Roberts had at ringside on Monday night.

A similar incident occurred last year where an entire script for the most recent episode of Monday Night Rawwas e-mailed to this website, believed to be from a creative writer who had just been laid off. While no legal action was taken, Vince McMahon was said to be infuriated over the ordeal.

- As noted before, WWE recently re-hired actor Freddie Prinze Jr. to work behind-the-scenes after he departed the company earlier this year. Prinze's new role with the company is working on producing vignettes. He was backstage at Sunday's Bragging Rights pay-per-view.

It is being reported by Mike Aldren of the Wrestling Globe Newsletter that WWE has once again reached out to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for an appearance. The Rock was due a summer return to guest host an edition of Monday Night RAW but plans fell through when movie commitments in Mexico forced him to abandon such plans. Both John Cena and Chris Jericho have publicly spoken out against The Rock's lack of appearances to the industry and fans that made him.

At Bragging Rights, there was a report that CM Punk seemed to have hurt his hip during the Smackdown vs. Raw match.

Yesterday, CM Punk tweeted that he got an MRI on his hip to see the extent of his injury. The results were not good.

It is being reported by PWmania.com that Punk may need surgery or serious rehabilitation therapy.

A WWE source had this to say:

“Punk really screwed up his hip, and it needs to be addressed, this is a major blow to Monday Night Raw, because the only heels on the show are Nexus and Miz. It’s pretty obvious Punk was moved to Raw to become a top heel, but that’s on hold now because he’ll be out at least til the end of the year.

* There has been talk going around about Lesnar working WrestleMania 27 in a deal similar to that of Floyd Mayweather from a few years back. Some sources don't believe a formal offer was made but are sure that the talk did exist. This information was a well guarded secret that very few people knew about.

* WWE creative didn't know what was real or worked the next day but were eventually clued in and told to start coming up with ideas. There is talk this week of Lesnar special refereeing Undertaker's WrestleMania match, which now could be against Kane or Wade Barrett.

In addition to the return of the King of the Ring tournament for the Nov. 29 episode of Monday Night Raw, themes for two other three-hour episodes of the program have been announced.

The Nov. 15 episode of Rawtaking place in Hershey, Pennsylvania will feature an "Old School" theme with appearances by WWE Legends.

Advertising for the show is as follows: "WWE throws it back Old School when Monday Night Raw takes place live from Hershey's Giant Center! See your favorite Raw/SmackDown and WWE Legends Live in Hershey!"

It has also been announced that the Dec. 13 Rawin New Orleans, Louisiana will feature the annual Slammy Awards show. Superstars from both Raw and SmackDown are scheduled to appear.

- As noted before, Chavo Guerrero is the man behind Jack Swagger's eagle mascot. Look for WWE to reveal Chavo as the mascot on TV as part of a storyline.

- Daniel Bryan paid tribute to Lance Storm, who was in attendance, at the RAW in Calgary a few weeks back with the "If I can be serious for a minute" line. That line was actually suggested by Dolph Ziggler, who was originally trained by Storm.

- MVP got some more heat on him with WWE officials for his Twitter comments recently about not getting a push.

- One of the reasons the Kaitlyn vs. Maxine match on the October 19th NXT was so bad is because the ring was late in being set up and the Rookies had no time to go through the match. The ring set up was delayed because they had to rig the ring for The Undertaker's angle where he pulled Kane down through it at the end of SmackDown.

- WWE's cable network launch has been delayed by several months. The network was originally targeted to launch in early 2011 but the new date to go live is January of 2012.

-- A photo has surfaced online of the Rawscript ring announcer Justin Roberts had at ringside on Monday night.

A similar incident occurred last year where an entire script for the most recent episode of Monday Night Rawwas e-mailed to this website, believed to be from a creative writer who had just been laid off. While no legal action was taken, Vince McMahon was said to be infuriated over the ordeal.

- As noted before, WWE recently re-hired actor Freddie Prinze Jr. to work behind-the-scenes after he departed the company earlier this year. Prinze's new role with the company is working on producing vignettes. He was backstage at Sunday's Bragging Rights pay-per-view.

It is being reported by Mike Aldren of the Wrestling Globe Newsletter that WWE has once again reached out to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for an appearance. The Rock was due a summer return to guest host an edition of Monday Night RAW but plans fell through when movie commitments in Mexico forced him to abandon such plans. Both John Cena and Chris Jericho have publicly spoken out against The Rock's lack of appearances to the industry and fans that made him.

At Bragging Rights, there was a report that CM Punk seemed to have hurt his hip during the Smackdown vs. Raw match.

Yesterday, CM Punk tweeted that he got an MRI on his hip to see the extent of his injury. The results were not good.

It is being reported by PWmania.com that Punk may need surgery or serious rehabilitation therapy.

A WWE source had this to say:

“Punk really screwed up his hip, and it needs to be addressed, this is a major blow to Monday Night Raw, because the only heels on the show are Nexus and Miz. It’s pretty obvious Punk was moved to Raw to become a top heel, but that’s on hold now because he’ll be out at least til the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom