Wrestling Thread May 21-27 | 5/27 WWE Superstar® Brock Lesnar Appears at UFC 146, Meets w/ Dana

Damn just saw the recent pics of the McMahon and HHH at some election type rally and god is Shane getting old and chubby LOL. Vince seriously even looks in better shape.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

laugh.gif
@ this Damien Sandow character.

could be brilliant.

Watching Curt Hennig v. Dean Malenko cage match on WWE on Demand free preview thingy.

Decent iiish.

edit:

Now watching Mysterio v. Chavo from No Way Out 2004. Never appreciated Chavo when he was active because he had ZERO charisma. As far as ring skills though.... He certainly lived up to his last name. 

Kerwin White
laugh.gif
75b355ad408761b7faef662f48229806bd4c569.gif

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

Watching Curt Hennig v. Dean Malenko cage match on WWE on Demand free preview thingy.

Decent iiish.

i remember when he did the perfect plex on big show back in WC......oops, dont want to get into trouble, i'll post in spoilers.

Spoiler [+]
back in WCW. crowd went nuts when he did it.

Kaitlyn was supposed to be the third heel diva to join Beth and Natalya in the divas of doom. They even went so far as to have her turn on AJ at Smackdown, but due to poor planning the segment was really poorly done. Kaitlyn, Beth and Natalya didn't really know what to do and it didn't look good so it was edited out of the show and planned to be re-done the following week. However some other Diva drama came up backstage or whatever, leading to the whole division being kind of in the doghouse in Vince's mind. Vince ultimately decided there didn't need to be a third heel diva at all, and broke up Divas of Doom soon after before deciding to push Tamina. 

There was talks for a long time of Layla returning with an eccentric fashion-centered gimmick in the style of Lady Gaga, but obviously that didn't happen. 

There were some plans to have Drew McIntyre feud with Sheamus by having Drew bully sheamus with a picture of him as a little fat kid. There was also a lot of background with them because they wrestled together in the Indys but it never got off the ground. 

Hunico introduced Primo and Epico and Camacho and the initial plan was to form a stable, but Vince was concerned that it was too gang-like and racist and split them up pretty quick. 

At the time I left, the idea was for Zeke's losing streak to culminate in a heel turn, but that's yet to happen. 

There was an idea to having something that makes the Usos stand apart -- one idea was that Jimmy could be really smart and Jey could be really stupid. 

- Would have liked seeing a heel stable of those 3, but I guess the good thing about that not happening is Psycho AJ.

- Thankfully Layla didn't do that.

- Good idea, but no one would believe McIntyre could bully anybody with him getting less tv time than Yoshi Tatsu.

- Vince recognized something was potentially racist (which was debatable anyway) and didn't go through with it??? Whhhaaaa??? 
roll.gif

- Zeke pretty much needs a complete overhaul, and if Brian Kendrick's return isn't a rumor, that would be a good start.

- That's a stupid idea. Both are good wrestlers and are pretty charismatic when/if given the chance to show something.

when tatsu would attack him and he would get inbetween the ropes telling the ref to do his job and sounding calm while doing it
laugh.gif

I'm also loving this damien sandow character. I havent watched smackdown in so long, but I tuned in tonight and it was a really good show IMO, I was surprised by the quality. 
For some reason Sheamus grew on me and is likeable now, he doesn't seem to get booed by the crowd anymore either. 

Randy Orton gets a lot of respect from the wwe universe as well, he needs a push. 

English major Kane is always good too, I'm glad there was some of him tonight as well. 

I have forgotten all about smackdown tonight.. lucky I can watch it on youtube and fast foward through all of the crap..

Now watching Mysterio v. Chavo from No Way Out 2004. Never appreciated Chavo when he was active because he had ZERO charisma. As far as ring skills though.... He certainly lived up to his last name. 

Kerwin White
laugh.gif
75b355ad408761b7faef662f48229806bd4c569.gif
Even though Chavo's always been a good wrestler, it's amazing how much of his success is directly attributed from Eddie (and Rey). Every time he was out
on his own, he really didn't do anything
laugh.gif
. It was hard to get into him whether he was a face or heel cause he was just never engaging unless he was teaming

with Eddie or feuding with Rey.

Great %$#% again lobo. I didn't see anyone asking dude about the announcers. How writers and/or others backstage feel about Michael Cole/Booker/Matthews and the rest. Maybe he has insight on that...someone should ask him.
nerd.gif

For those wondering the internal reaction from WWE regarding TNA’s recent litigation against them, we're told WWE is laughing it off. The feeling is WWE can outspend TNA several times over and they could tie the suit up in court for years if they wanted too.
One observer commented how WWE really did get caught with their hand in the cookie jar by hiring a former TNA employee, getting confidential contract information on hired talent then firing the person. WWE is playing the “good-guyâ€

^^I remember hearing about that way back. Didn't know Truth was involved though, thought it was just MVP & Cena.

Really good Superstars episode this week. Kidd vs Cesaro, JTG/McGill vs Truth/Kofi, & Ryder vs GHIMS Slater.

Just saw the Sandow clip from Smackdown. 
laugh.gif

His character has potential.

For brasilian and Peep, Kaitlyn sighting starting at the 3:39 mark.

For those who watch NXT/FCW who is the black dude? Reminds me of Shelton Benjamin.

^Haven't watched the vid (just seen a few gifs) but that should be Percy Watson (aka "FloRida").

Kaitlyn
devil.gif

WWE's top 25 "talkers" of all time:

- WWE has ranked the top 25 all-time "Masters of the Mic" on their website. Here's the full listing:

25. Captain Lou Albano
24. Rick Rude
23. Santino Marella
22. Ted DiBiase Sr.
21. The Miz
20. Jesse Ventura
19. Triple H
18. Paul Heyman
17. Edge
16. Vince McMahon
15. Billy Graham
14. Mick Foley
13. Hulk Hogan
12. CM Punk
11. Randy Savage
10. JBL
9. Bobby Heenan
8. Dusty Rhodes
7. John Cena
6. Jake Roberts
5. Chris Jericho
4. Ric Flair
3. The Rock
2. Roddy Piper
1. Steve Austin

Thoughts?

My personal top 5:
5. HBK
4. JBL
3. Stone Cold
2. Ric Flair
1. The Rock

^Billy Graham should be higher

???!?!?

So I worked out early this morning, and then I just watched that video posted and Percy Watson lifted his shirt up and made me sick
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom