Wrestling Thread Mar 11-24 | 3/18 RAW - HHH Responds to Brock | Punk Still Has Taker's Urn

20130308_EP_LARGE_BrockPreview_L.jpg

We're now less than a month from WrestleMania, so things will really kick into high gear tonight.  A lot going on tonight:
  • The Rock will not be at tonight's Raw or next week's Raw as he is South Korea and elsewhere promoting movies.  Most everyone expected Cena to win the title from The Rock at Mania, however, there may be a monkey wrench thrown into the plans.  The Rock has reportedly signed on for additional dates following WrestleMania and will likely still be around for Extreme Rules.  So Rock may retain at Mania and then drop the title to Cena at the next PPV.  We shall see.
  • Brock Lesnar WILL be on tonight's Raw and next week's Raw.  He (and presumably Paul Heyman) will respond to HHH's WrestleMania challenge.  HHH's segment fell flat last week, but every segment Lesnar is apart of has been awesome.
  • CM Punk defeated Sheamus, Big Show, and Randy Orton to earn a shot against The Undertaker at WrestleMania.  Taker will be on tonight's show.  The biggest point of interest for me is to see if Punk takes any shots at the recently deceased Paul Bearer.
  • At the least, there will be a video package for Paul Bearer, and there is talk of inducting him into the Hall of Fame.
  • Chris Jericho should be back on tonight's Raw.  He seemingly doesn't have a spot on the Mania card at this point.
  • The plan is to confirm The Shield vs Big Show, Randy Orton, and Sheamus for Mania tonight.  I can't believe Show is turning face again.
  • Raw is from Indianapolis, so I don't expect much heat for the Swagger/Del Rio program.  This has really fallen apart quickly since the first week.
  • There will be more build for Ryback vs. Mark Henry.
  • miz will probably botch a Figure Four.
  • Oh, and Ziggler, Barrett, and Cesaro will all probably job (and get no entrances).
I'm back in a hotel, so that means another night of watching all 3+ hours of Raw live without HD.

TNA Lockdown took place last night.  With TNA down to 4 PPVs a year, you would expect great shows.  It was a good PPV, not great.  The first half of the show was largely forgettable, but the closing segment will certainly be remembered.
  • Kenny King d Christian York and Zema Ion to retain the X-Division Title where they nearly killed each other
  • Joseph Park d Joey Ryan in a comedy match
  • Velvet Sky d Gail Kim to retain the Knockouts Title after Gail got in an argument with Taryn Terrell.
  • Austin Aries & Bobby Roode d Christopher Daniels & Kazarian and Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez.  Match was fine but not as good as it could have been.
  • Wes Brisco d Kurt Angle in a cage.  Angle had the match won twice but the ref was out.  DLo interfered and helped Brisco out of the cage to get the win.  A surprising good match considering how bad Brisco is, but the finish was bad.
  • Team TNA d Aces and Eights in Lethal Lockdown when Eric Young hit an elbow off the top of the cage on KNUX!  There was no roof on the cage because of a mechanical problem.
  • Bully Ray d Jeff Hardy to win the TNA Heavyweight Title after joining Aces and Eights and hitting Jeff with a hammer.  Hardy suffered a legit concussion in the match after taking a top rope Bubbabomb.  The turn was very well done.  Bully also turned on Hulk and Brooke.  Fans pelted the ring with trash to close the show.
If anything, check out the main event.

Forget WWE, we might finally get some AAA here on American Television

Konnan @Konnan5150
FINALLY Step 1 of the United States project, Today FactoryMade Ventures announces its partnership with AAA..#BOOM #HISTORY

RT @MLW: AAA’s U.S. expansion and franchise reinvention details finally revealed! http://t.co/fk4Re6NpCn Congrats @dorianroldan and @Konnan5150!

Bearer's 2 sons are at raw tonight.

No word on if they will be shown on TV.

Hopefully Big Show isn't actually turning face, and that he just teams with Orton and Sheamus cause Shield is such a great threat and needs them. Of course that makes to much sense, so after WM, he'll be dancing with Khali.

I really, really wanted to go to Raw tonight, but couldn't find anyone to make the hour and a half drive with me. :smh:

- ProWrestling.net is reporting the attitude in the TNA locker room is in bad shape depsite having a successful weekend after the Lockdown pay-per-view.

The report noted the new television taping structure and payment policy, which states that talent only gets paid for a single appearance. With the switch to one live show and a second taped show every other week, talent are upset they will be losing money compared to being paid weekly on the previous weekly taping schedule.

PW.net went on to say this new taping/payment agreement may affect up to 80 percent of the TNA roster, and several stars are waiting for their contracts to expire so they can renegotiate the language in their deals. It was noted in the report that while it's unfair that talent is missing out on a payday for working two shows, TNA is technically not doing anything illegal with the current agreements they have in place.

So I'm guessing they will set up Ziggler with Jericho at mania since ryback is gonna match up with Mark Henry. They'll get a 10 minute match if they're lucky with the way the card is shaking up. Really hoping they pull the trigger on a WM mitb cash in.

4W, where are you based out of this week? Do they not have hotels with HD televisions in that part of the country? Do you need to borrow a few bucks?

So I'm guessing they will set up Ziggler with Jericho at mania since ryback is gonna match up with Mark Henry. They'll get a 10 minute match if they're lucky with the way the card is shaking up. Really hoping they pull the trigger on a WM mitb cash in.

Ziggs/Y2J would be :pimp: but how about Cesaro/Y2J.

With Paul Bearer's sons being @ RAW tonight, maybe they're being talked to about inducting him into the HOF.

I saw a car today with a John Cena bumper sticker and another magnet that said "Cattitude" inside a paw

I instantly thought of 4W

Last edited:
Ziggler had a 3 month stretch where he was sole survivor at SS, beating Cena at TLC, and iron man in the RR to doing nothing at all at elimination chamber and having nothing really going on for Mania. Maybe they're just trying to keep him lowkey to make his eventual cash in more of a surprise? I mean I have no other way to explain it.

I watched that this morning and whioever edited that did such a great job :lol: Jim Ross' screaming was perfect

apparently there was an explosion on set recently - no one is being allowed into the building - 45 mins till showtime

I got that from last weeks thread. The same thing happened here with the pyro malfunction :lol:

Back
Top Bottom