Wrestling Thread Mar 10-23 | 3/17 RAW - Three Weeks Till WrestleMania XXX

Will we ever see a moment as surreal as Brodus Clay's re-debut?

Remember these vignettes aired for what seemed like months and made him appear to be an unstoppable monster heel...

Then he debuted.

:lol:

Id a wild dream man. Eddy Guerrero JUST died but I had to go break the new to Chavo. But the funny thing, CHavo was a little boy. I don't know what that was about. I was telling him how great his uncle used to be and that little boy was crying his eyes out man.

Wait..That was his debut after those vignettes? What?!?

Last edited:
Wait..That was his debut after those vignettes? What?!?

Yes :lol: the thing is, there were about 6 vignettes, then they stopped showing them, the just started doing passing mentions of Brodus. I knew something was up when on Raw, they showed the Brodus Clay logo backstage (disco ball), and Michael Cole screamed "HE'S FROM PLANET FUNK!!".

Yeah, Miz has on the best suit. SMH at Brotus Clay.

No, the worst thing was how they said he'd debut next week on Raw. Then Johnny People Power would be like oh shucks, he'll debut some other week. I really think they were struggling with his gimmick.

It was terrible too. Most of the stars they've debuted with 80s; early 90s gimmicks have kind of fell flat (but it could simply be the 50/50 booking, lack of enhancement talent, fickle Vince, etc). Fandango, Brotus Clay, etc.

1zcpjer.gif

2eyj75t.gif

2liucqv.gif

68557_wnfr6oq.gif

wiPiLyj.gif

83IH18t.gif

LB5WCB1.gif

12370cn.gif

59598_iZ4uiUV.gif

5spTwM9.gif

35q1iLV.gif

28902_vnXeaCt.gif

oZrAdQp.gif

xjxpjCF.gif

Currently watching Hog Wild of 1995. If you don't watch the whole card, at least watch the first match. Ultimo vs. Rey. Their first WCW matchup. Great background info from Mike Tenay during this match.

Also, Hogan was funny as hell during this match. I think this was the first time I realized how funny Hulking up was. He looked like a damn fool man. His match vs. The Giant

LOL @ Whenever the WCW Hotline is up on the screen it is blocked out with a caption saying "Phone Number is No Longer Active."

Card: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_Wild#Hog_Wild

View media item 874452

Last edited:
Watching this Bull Nakano vs. Madusa match. Few things.

1. The submission hold that Paige made Emma tap at Arrival was used by Bull Nakano.

2. The Orton rope-hang DDT was also used by Nakano but she had the opponent perched on the TOP rope.

3. I forget how pretty in the face Madusa was. I was always looking at those *******. She was really a good worker man. I might go back and look at more of her work. Maybe if I can find some matches from Japan with her, Madusa that is.

4. This fool Bobby Heenan said he thought Bull Nakano weighed 200 lbs. And then he said a man weighing 400 lbs is like a woman weighing 200 lbs.

5. Sonny Onoo and Madusa were using HHH's favorite weapon. Not the shovel though

Speaking of Bull Nakano

View media item 874512

Last edited:
I remember Brodus' promos every week. I thought he did debut as a monstrous heel and then after a couple month they restarted him as a funky dinosaur. Im prob wrong

Just to show the racist nature of the world, Hog Wild was in the middle of the motorcycle event in SD. Well the crowd was basically dead the whole night, but the instant Harlem Heat came out, those fans woke up and were WAY behind the Steiners. I know the Steiners were big but those fans trolled the hell out of the HH. I remember Nash talking about how that event was super racist from a crowd interaction standpoint. Throwing all types of names at HH from the crowd area.

Yeah, I heard that too. That's the one thing about WCW, they dared to try new venues. Yes, there was a lot of bad with the company but there was a lot of innovative, cool stuff.

Now, all we have is WWE, TNA (lol) and ROH. Pick not sure if there's a market for AAA and Jarett/Keith but hopefully, it can at least create some type OD competition.

I remember Brodus' promos every week. I thought he did debut as a monstrous heel and then after a couple month they restarted him as a funky dinosaur. Im prob wrong

He was having squash matches on Superstars for a couple weeks, then took him off tv and started showing those vignettes. One thing I forgot was that those vignettes were supposed to lead to him having a Hall of Pain type gimmick that he pitched. Then we all know they gave that to Mark Henry :lol: I think that was a reason for the change, they didn't want multiple monsters everywhere at the same time (Henry, Kane, Tensai)

I loved when Luger came back to WCW and he carried on with the "steel plate in his elbow" gimmick. It was rare though.

SMH I never knew about that Flex Kavana gimmick Rock had in what seems to be a previous life :lol: .

I may have an extra ticket to Raw tomorrow, somewhere ringside probably. PM me if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom