Wrestling Thread July 27-Aug 16: 8/16 Hiroshi Tanahashi Wins the 2015 NJPW G-1 Climax

-There is a credible report that WWE officials are scheduled to meet with officials from WWN (parent company to EVOLVE) later this month during SummerSlam weekend in New York City to discuss how they can further talks to establish a working relationship

Paul Heyman is reportedly an advocate for the deal and has been pushing top WWE officials to get a deal going.

It’s also said that Heyman is pushing WWE to hire famed booker Gabe Sapolsky as a talent scout if it turns out that WWE is interested in financially supporting WWN/EVOLVE through the working relationship.

OK, fixed it for you
Word ghost of Peep Game. :pimp:
I agree with you on alot of things BigEgo, but this isn't one of them :lol:
We can't agree on everything. It's all good D Fly, but we seriously need another NTWT ppv. Summerfest perhaps... :nerd:
hope he don't go down the same path as peep... idk if i can handle two suicides within 30 days...
I can't handle that either. I hope he has accepted Gigi's fate responsibly...

-There is a credible report that WWE officials are scheduled to meet with officials from WWN (parent company to EVOLVE) later this month during SummerSlam weekend in New York City to discuss how they can further talks to establish a working relationship

Paul Heyman is reportedly an advocate for the deal and has been pushing top WWE officials to get a deal going.

It’s also said that Heyman is pushing WWE to hire famed booker Gabe Sapolsky as a talent scout if it turns out that WWE is interested in financially supporting WWN/EVOLVE through the working relationship.
ECW part deux

Damn I wonder where TNA would be if heyman signed with them... I wish heyman was the head of creative.

Damn I wonder where TNA would be if heyman signed with them... I wish heyman was the head of creative.

Nah I wonder where Strikeforce would be if Heyman bought it...

MMA seems more promising that Pro Wrestling because it's legitimate competition...if you're a reasonably logical adult who knows the history of pro wrestling you can most of the time guess the outcome...you watch for the story more than the actual combat

I bet Heyman would be able to get Cormier-Jones hype and excitement consistently

MMA could be as big as pro wrestling in the 70's-80's if Someone figured out that formula

it almost happened didnt it?

Yeah he was gonna sign Daniel Bryan and feature him as his top star and then have a year long build up to a Bryan/angle match. And this was before all the Daniel Bryan horrible booking when he signed with WWE

Nah I wonder where Strikeforce would be if Heyman bought it...

MMA seems more promising that Pro Wrestling because it's legitimate competition...if you're a reasonably logical adult who knows the history of pro wrestling you can most of the time guess the outcome...you watch for the story more than the actual combat

I bet Heyman would be able to get Cormier-Jones hype and excitement consistently

MMA could be as big as pro wrestling in the 70's-80's if Someone figured out that formula

Didn't know he almost bought strike force. If heyman had the funds yall think ECW would still exist?

That's great. I remember seeing or reading somewhere Heyman's plans for ECW had they not gone out of business. CM Punk was like the next face of the company or some **** like that

If heyman had the funds yall think ECW would still exist?
Doubt it. I don't think it was long-term sustainable.

If it did happen, we wouldn't have gotten Heyman as head writer for Smackdown during the early 2000s. He helped build so many careers.

If heyman had the funds yall think ECW would still exist?

Doubt it. I don't think it was long-term sustainable.

If it did happen, we wouldn't have gotten Heyman as head writer for Smackdown during the early 2000s. He helped build so many careers.
Wrestling companies usually don't stand the test of time. Especially after Vince changed the way they did business. So i doubt ECW would still be around, because you'd still have Vince with deeper pockets buying and stealing talent. Plus Heyman was the reason the company went bankrupt, because he was a thief and terrible business man.

Now maybe if he was strictly booker who knows. But i still think at the end of the day Vince would of still acquired ECW just like i think eventually he will own ROH.

Didn't know he almost bought strike force. If heyman had the funds yall think ECW would still exist?

Yes.

john2st john2st I remember reading that somewhere too. It was in an ECW anniversary article on WWE.com. Someone find it.

In it, Heyman lists his plan for ECW. It was gonna be like more of a fighting company or some **** I can't remember. Someone find that article.

WWE just doesn't know. Owens and other "fat" guys give kids hope. It goes to show that just because you're big doesn't mean that you can't be athletic. It also gives them someone that looks like them. Plus diversity is key in entertainment. Staying stuck in their own ways is going to kill WWE.

I was thinking about Vader today too and how he's straight outta Compton.

Sonnen was at the SD tapings and was meeting with Michael Cole.

Sonnen doing commentary on Raw would be :pimp:

This was dope

BTW, Brad Maddox now goes by the name of Joshua Kingsley and has blonde hair.

Last edited:
wait.. we lost rhino last night too?

say it aint so 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom