Wrestling Thread July 27-Aug 16: 8/16 Hiroshi Tanahashi Wins the 2015 NJPW G-1 Climax

This "Dream" match between Mysteziz and Mysterio has turned into a hardcore match.  After we just had a hardcore match between El Patron and Cage.  This is one of the worst shows in history.

Mysterio won with a Fujiwara Armbar.  Mysteziz tapped.

Right after El Patron made Cage tap with an armbar.

Amazing booking.

I was corrected that Rey used La Mistica (Mysteziz's armbar finisher) but unfortunately the wonderful Matt Striker never pointed this out.

There was some clusterf brawl after the match.  Rey and Mysteziz worked together, but then Mysteziz turned on Rey and challenged him to a mask vs mask match.

Konnan came out and may have turned heel, but we'll never know because the PPV just went off the air abruptly.

This whole show was an f'n disaster. 

How did Rey's knees look?
He looked fine for what the match was.

Since this was billed as a dream match, I was hoping for a high flying lucha match, but it was much more a hardcore American style match with a few high spots mixed in.

He looked fine for what the match was.

Since this was billed as a dream match, I was hoping for a high flying lucha match, but it was much more a hardcore American style match with a few high spots mixed in.
Sell those dudes ARE American wrestlers at this point TBH

Time flies

wwe2byoung2bguns.jpg
I randomly thought about this moment like last week lol

Was this show December to Disremember bad?
The Rey vs Myzteziz match itself was good (not the post match).  The MNM vs Hardys match was also good.  So those cancel each other out.

The production issues for AAA were atrocious and the overall wrestling of the AAA ppv was really bad.

So yes, TripleMania XXIII was worse.

Out of all the suitors of the Spinner belt, I thought it looked best on Punk and Del Rio (yes, even better than Cena)

dude is a super mark that took the dbry loss at the rumble a little too personal b. How do you attack a baby face tho???

Back
Top Bottom