Wrestling Thread July 27-Aug 16: 8/16 Hiroshi Tanahashi Wins the 2015 NJPW G-1 Climax

On break currently Drunk Fly. Closing tonight. Then i gotta open tomorrow. I hate that **** man. Otherwise i have no complaints with my job.

5cqhLWr.gif

:rofl:

On break currently Drunk Fly. Closing tonight. Then i gotta open tomorrow. I hate that **** man. Otherwise i have no complaints with my job.

you sound like the iron sheik talking smack about b brian blair then saying at the end that everything else was great

Renees daily show audition tapes. :lol: deans non enthusiastic voice.

Last edited:
-WWE is gearing up to give Eva Marie a big push in the coming weeks at the expense of Lana, according to Dave Meltzer in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

After getting over in a big way as Rusev’s manager and more recently as his rival and Dolph Ziggler’s love interest, it appears WWE is getting ready to pull back on Lana’s push in favor of Eva Marie.

Eva Marie has been training hard to improve her in-ring work, which has been universally mocked by the WWE Universe since she started with the company. Higher ups in WWE are looking to feature Eva Marie as one of the cornerstones of the Divas revolution, with the storyline being Eva Marie took the rejection from fans to heart and it drove her to work hard and become Divas champion.

Many fans have been calling for Lana to be reunited with Rusev, since both of them saw the most success when they were paired together. During a recent workout video clip published by WWE, Lana teased that she’s been working on her own in-ring work and sent a message to the other Divas that she’s becoming a threat they need to watch out for.

It remains to be seen if Lana does eventually become an active competitor, but expect to see some pullback on how much TV time she’s been getting.

-WWE is planning on having the feud between John Cena and Seth Rollins run as a long-term program, as Cena vs. Rollins is booked as the advertised main event for most of the key WWE live events through September.

The company will continue to market “anti-Cena” t-shirts for the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, one of which Rollins debuted this past Monday night on RAW in San Jose California. Two of the shirt ideas read, “Never Shut Up” instead of “Never Give Up,” and “You Can’t See Knee” instead of “You Can’t See Me.”

Speaking of the knee, which Rollins landed to Cena’s face over a week ago, resulting in Cena needing reconstructive surgery to repair a badly broken nose, the fact that it happened is part of the reason WWE is running with Cena-Rollins long-term.

(Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

Last edited:
-More details are “coming out” regarding WWE considering Brock Lesnar portraying a gay character back in 2002, courtesy of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

According to Dave Meltzer, it was Dr. J. Kober Zehner who originally came up with the idea. Brian Solomon and Aaron Feigenbaum developed the idea and pitched it to the head writers at the time, which included Paul Heyman, Brian Gewirtz and Seth Mates. Heyman was said to be completely against the idea, since Lesnar had already established himself on TV as a freak athlete that didn’t need a controversial gimmick to get over. Meltzer speculates that Lesnar would have likely hated the idea, since it could have wrong a dozen different ways.

An excerpt of the pitch to WWE’s lead writers reportedly stated:

“[Brock] is physically dominant, has impeccable credentials concerning believability, and because he is new and relatively unknown, his character can be crafted easily. His ascension could also raise the scores of other Superstars with whom he feuds. The following possible scenario to increase Brock’s ability to grow the industry is radical. It’s unprecedented and may appear crazy at first. There are risks involved, but if it works, it has Austin/McMahon like potential. The solution: Turn Brock Gay.

Everything else about him stays the same. He’s pushed in a traditional babyface manner. He’s not the stereotypical Billy/Chuck character. He’s Brock. He continues to annihilate people. He’s just gay. It has to be presented as completely real, especially in the beginning.”

In the end, the idea never came to fruition and Lesnar has had a Hall of Fame career without his character’s sexual orientation ever coming into play.

Back
Top Bottom