Wrestling Thread Jul 14 - Aug 3 | 7/31 WWE Announces Network Subscriptions, Predict The #!

How many subscribers will WWE announce for the WWE Network?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1,000,000+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

with 1 million committed subscribers, they'd break even in 20 months...longgg way to go 
laugh.gif
, a lot of people may be done after the 6-months UNLESS they can get Raw/Smackdown Live on the Network
Well Live Raw and Smackdown would be good but how would that make the Cable companies feel? Don't want to screw them over and this not work.
It's a fine line. I mean what can WWE REALLY do differently to give customers incentive to join the network?, the content it has now is cool but your average consumer probably doesn't care for it, or even has time to watch the content.
 ​
Buy TNA, keep about 20 dudes and a couple of Knockouts, add in a few NXT guys, a few midcarders from the main roster, let Paul Heyman book it, and show it Thursday nights after NXT exclusively on the Network​
 ​
Even can make Sting have some type of on-screen role​

Last edited:
Make it TV14

Bring back ECW

Include a concert with a LEGIT artist every PPV

Have monthly giveaway contests (Shirts, merch from WWE store, annual giveaway of replica belt for WM)

any of these?

Last edited by a moderator:

​
I wonder what WCW would have been like in today's times because you know after that Orton picture, Migos would have been on there performing that next Monday 
laugh.gif
 ​
WWE is run by out of touch middle aged white men, I hope the next Number 2 company is run by someone who is youthful . . . a new Bischoff​
 ​
Lowkey I would love that job​

Last edited:
I got AT&T U-Verse, it's like a Hispanic channel, all the commercials are in Spanish :lol: , might be related to Telemundo​

LOL I think I know what channel you talking bout now. The spanish channels used to show their replays on the weekends too back then. I used to see my grandfather watching it on there since he was on them channels all the time lol

Just make it a non-contract thing. People don't wanna commit for 6 months, make it a prepaid service, pay at the beginning of the month, get content for a month...would have a lot of one-offs, with people picking and choosing which months they want...but it won't give people that feeling that they HAVE to pay for 6 months...hell..cell phone companies are doing it now and they charge an arm and a leg for monthly service, with the option of cancelling anytime, no questions asked.
WWE is afraid people would only sign up in March, and they can't afford to give WM away for $9.99 and get nothing else.

Just make it a non-contract thing. People don't wanna commit for 6 months, make it a prepaid service, pay at the beginning of the month, get content for a month...would have a lot of one-offs, with people picking and choosing which months they want...but it won't give people that feeling that they HAVE to pay for 6 months...hell..cell phone companies are doing it now and they charge an arm and a leg for monthly service, with the option of cancelling anytime, no questions asked.
WWE is afraid people would only sign up in March, and they can't afford to give WM away for $9.99 and get nothing else.

WWE should have waited until they were able to give us Nitro, Raw and Smackdown. Its cool at first but right now its not exactly must have. I mean $10 PPV is great, but if they invested $200M then they have a LONG way to go to break even.
with 1 million committed subscribers, they'd break even in 20 months...longgg way to go 
laugh.gif
, a lot of people may be done after the 6-months UNLESS they can get Raw/Smackdown Live on the Network
Raw and Smackdown are not going live on the Network.  The TV contracts are the main thing keep WWE afloat right now.

im sure they will surpass 1 mill once they make it available internationally, why havent they done it yet

and also upload all raws, smackdowns, thunders and nitros

I have no idea what happens behind the scenes but they NEED better content Mondays and Fridays. I used to not go ANYWHERE if Raw or Smackdown was coming on. Now with DVR its whatever and they're times I don't even watch.
I don't give a damn about Smackdown, haven't watched in years.  But WWE should have a REAL pre-game and post-game show for both Raw and SD.  Not the cheesy, overproduced, overscripted Alex Riley bs.  Have guys really analyze what happened on the shows, point out positives and negatives, and what things were important.  Make it real.  People would actually want to watch that.

Kinda off topic but does NJPW have english commentary or at least fan made english commentary during matches? Watching a match with commentary I cant understand kinda reminds me of watching an anime that isnt dubbed or subbed lol

laugh.gif
Well Live Raw and Smackdown would be good but how would that make the Cable companies feel? Don't want to screw them over and this not work.
It's a fine line. I mean what can WWE REALLY do differently to give customers incentive to join the network?, the content it has now is cool but your average consumer probably doesn't care for it, or even has time to watch the content.
The Network has been around for months and they've given me TWO quality original programs.  The Warrior documentary and the Daniel Bryan documentary.  These things are NOT that hard to produce.  Give me more quality original content that I actually ONLY can watch on the Network.  Don't feed me bs that you're world premiering the CM Punk DVD.  Or that I can watch SummerSlam 98 at 8pm on Sunday Night.

They'll run into trouble with the networks if they do immediate replays of Raw/Smackdown.
Put them on after Saturday then since Universals channel runs replays of Raw & Smackdown on Saturday nights anyways. Its annoying that they dont put up every Raw at least a week after it came out. The last Raw they had on the Network was the Raw where Seth Rollins explained why he left the Shield....cmon now lol
They have contracts, dude.  There is a reason NBC Universal pays them $180 million a year (even if that # is low compared to the ratings they draw).

What if SmackDown aired live on Tuesday? It's a weird TV slot, but what else is going on on Tuesday?, Friday, people are out and about

Prayers your way john2st.

I went with 800k on the poll. I think it will be right around 775k though.

Make it TV14

Bring back ECW

Have monthly giveaway contests (Shirts, merch from WWE store, annual giveaway of replica belt for WM)

any of these?
Definitely not the first 3.

You can do monthly giveaways, but that's not moving your Network #.  WWE already gave away $50 store credits for joining the Network.

Make it TV14

Bring back ECW

any of these?
Definitely not the first 3.

You can do monthly giveaways, but that's not moving your Network #.  WWE already gave away $50 store credits for joining the Network.
Did I miss something? $50? how/where? I'm guessing it's over now...mannn.

​
im sure they will surpass 1 mill once they make it available internationally, why havent they done it yet​
 ​
and also upload all raws, smackdowns, thunders and nitros​
International TV contracts I believe.

As far as not having all the Raws, SDs, Nitros, and Thunders up, that is inexcusable. 

But once International is involved, WWE needs 1.4 million subscribers to break even.

Last edited:
Kinda off topic but does NJPW have english commentary or at least fan made english commentary during matches? Watching a match with commentary I cant understand kinda reminds me of watching an anime that isnt dubbed or subbed lol
Don't know about fan made, but NJPW does not offer English commentary.

Another thing that WWE could pay for the rights for and have on the Network

If they got really creative, between NJPW, TNA's situation, NXT, the post/pre game stuff 4W was talking about, they could turn WWE Network into a wrestling ESPN . . . I would not be able to watch that much, it's a chore to even get through Raw, but I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who would be tempted even more to buy if they added more content

What if SmackDown aired live on Tuesday? It's a weird TV slot, but what else is going on on Tuesday?, Friday, people are out and about
WWE wanted to go live on Tuesdays when they negotiated their new contract, but NBC Universal nixed it.

​
Another thing that WWE could pay for the rights for and have on the Network​
 ​
If they got really creative, between NJPW, TNA's situation, NXT, the post/pre game stuff 4W was talking about, they could turn WWE Network into a wrestling ESPN . . . I would not be able to watch that much, it's a chore to even get through Raw, but I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who would be tempted even more to buy if they added more content​
Exactly.  Look @ what UFC is doing with Fight Pass.  They are airing Invicta shows.  Metamoris jui jitsu shows.  Nevada State Athletic Commission hearings.  AND have the entire UFC and Pride libraries online.  It is an ESPN for MMA.

WWE is far too close minded to ever bring in other promotions on their network.  Just imagine if you could get ROH iPPVs, Dragongate iPPVs, NJPW iPPVs.  It would be amazing, AND draw a lot more fans to the Network.

TNA... that's not happening.

Back
Top Bottom