Wrestling Thread January 2nd-31st/NXT Takeover Tonight At 8PM ET/NTWT Royal Rumble Info On Page 1/Ro

I guess weight doesn't even matter

A. Not like we really know how much folks weigh
B. If WWE wants someone in that division, they will just put them in there

True for example don't they say Reigns weight 265 he looks like he weights 230 at the most.

I like how anybody listed in the 200-teen range looks like they might be 206 after a great Thanksgiving. Ziggler, Ambrose, Christian, that type.

Then again, I liked how T-Mac was anywhere from 6'6" to 6'10" depending on who was talking about him.

Last edited:
The CW division is awful..Matches, stories, and most of the wrestlers flat out suck..

The issue with the CW division is that they kinda just dumped a bunch of random unknown guys into the mix as their own separate division. You need established competitors to serve as the measuring stick for this new wave of athletes. No one builds a new division without stars, just look at how UFC created a platform from scratch for that judo chick.

I think someone like AJ Styles could be a pioneer in reshaping the division...imagine Styles dual-holding the World and CW titles, then other highly athletic Superstars chasing the glory and prestige this lofty status offers him. Cesaro, Rollins, Balor...big names chasing a title that should be revered for its history in the sport.

Sure, he'd probably lose one or the other along the way, but successful defenses from a seasoned and respected competitor would go a long way to establishing a legacy for the Purple Reign as well as putting a big feather in the cap of the man to take his title!

Last edited:
The problem is mainstream fans don't know who those in the CW division are.

You have to give people a reason to care OR be so good they can't help but take notice.

Neither of those is happening.

BINGO!

Plus I think it'd make for some interesting storytelling. Imagine if they used the Network to show superstars trying to cut weight to reach the weight limit.

The full potential of the network hasn't be reached yet.

Also I think at some point when he cools off, Jericho should make a run at the Purple Strap. I think that would save the division.

Last edited:
Debating going to the rumble or not

giphy.gif

The problem is mainstream fans don't know who those in the CW division are.

You have to give people a reason to care OR be so good they can't help but take notice.

Neither of those is happening.
Facts. The CW tournament was so good because they gave them a background they gave them tale of the tapes you got info and reasons to care about the guys.  They made the division feel special now its the new divas match. 

I don't like how CW stuff is now covered on both Raw & Smackdown nights. During Raw then 205 after Smackdown.

It's like they realized what they were doing to promote the CW wasn't enough so they spread it across both days.

Now - its too much (of something a lot of folks don't care about) - so backlash is possible

I wonder if those same people would be upset if Taker wins the title.

I wouldn't put the title on Take if it was my decision.
Why devalue the title by putting it on a shadow of a former great wrestler?

Don't care if WWE feel they owe it Take - they owe it to fans to prevent that train wreck.

Last edited:
What was the promotion on belts that happened a month or two ago? I remember yall were talking about it.

Back
Top Bottom