Wrestling Thread January 1st / Happy New Years NTWT Weekend Edition

i just hope they continue the ellsworth push despite everyone clamoring about him supposedly botching.

I don't think he ended up hitting the top of his head to the ground - more the forehead.
I went through and watched a whole bunch of Styles Clashes from the past & curtis axel actually kicks his head back into proper position better than the rest. Who knew, curtis axel good with technique. Makes sense though.

Move is kind of dangerous. The danger kind of outweighs the overall affect of the move imo.
Peep could of told you that. Peep been clamoring for the Axe man.

200x200px-ZC-4a52a241_CamronNope_zpsd0cfb3c9.gif

AJ's been doing that move for 14 years, 3 botches, with 1 being a serious injury. The person taking the move has to be on point
So we are victim blaming now?

Dave-Chappelle-Pushes-Girl-Out-of-the-Way-In-Club.gif

found this in a article about top 10 most dangerous wrestling moves.

"If taken as intended, the Styles Clash isn't a particular dangerous move - the victim simply takes a front bump while being guided to the canvas by one of the world's most talented wrestlers. The problem with the move, which has led to severe injury for new recipients, is that taking it properly goes against everything wrestlers are taught from the day they step into a training camp. The Styles Clash starts with a victim set up for a piledriver, but AJ lets his opponent's body slide down a bit, then wraps his legs around their arms. After that, he falls forward, slamming the victim chest-first on the mat. The problem is that, in order to take the move safely, the victim has to keep his neck craned back - a sharp contrast to just about every other move and bump, where wrestlers must tuck their heads. It may not sound difficult for a wrestler to keep his head back, but tucking is so instinctive that some grapplers haven't been able to take the move correctly, resulting in broken necks. Both British wrestler Lionheart and former WWE/current NJPW star Yoshi Tatsu suffered the debilitating injury - Lionheart missed a year of action while Tatsu (who was hurt in November of 2014) has not yet returned to the ring."

*I don't know how old article is.

Plan on probablly buying rumble tickets tommarow when i get paid. But for you dudes who have bought ppv event tickets in the past, should i get them now or do you usually find them cheaper online closer to the date?

Plan on probablly buying rumble tickets tommarow when i get paid. But for you dudes who have bought ppv event tickets in the past, should i get them now or do you usually find them cheaper online closer to the date?
Nope prices stay the same. Resell prices are ridiculous i would get the tickets now one less thing you have to worry about plus you get the seats you want.

Last edited:
- The Cruiserweight division is apparently no longer using the 205-pound weight limit like in the CWC tournament.

So basically it's just the Light Heavyweight division now?

I always thought the max was 220. Matt Hardy losing weight and going after the Cruiserweight championship was great.

Back
Top Bottom