Wrestling Thread Jan/Feb | 2/29 RAW - The Undertaker Returns to Respond to The McMahons

Is this current era still part of the PG Era? And what's the actually time span of Ruthless Aggression? I always have it from the 1st brand extension up until right after Benoit's death. Feel like a new era has been started but I would know which recent year it would have started

Last edited:
DFDFDFFDF-600x506.jpg

Reality Era should be reserved for WCW from 95-99/00 since that company was doing more shoots/breaking kayfabe than any other company has ever done in any time span..

Name 10 great AE matches :nerd:

Genuinely interested to hear people's answers 

No particular order and these are my personal favs

Bret Hart-Austin WM13

Cactus Jack-HHH Royal Rumble 2000/No Way Out 2000

Mankind-Rock Royal Rumble 99

TLC 1 & 2

Taker-HBK Bad Blood 97

HHH-Austin No Way Out 01

Rock-Austin WM 17

Jericho-Angle-Benoit WM 2000

Jericho-Benoit Royal Rumble 01

Hardys vs Edge and Christian No Mercy 99

Some of my fave AE matches in no order:

1st TLC

Rock vs HHH Summerfest 98

2 Man Powertrip vs Cool Dad and The Rabid Wombat (Trips tore his quad and took the Walls.)

Angle vs HHH Unforgiven 2000

Name 10 great AE matches :nerd:

Genuinely interested to hear people's answers 

Off top:

1) Austin/Rock - (WM17)
2) TLC Triple Threat - (WM17)
3) Benoit/Jericho v. Austin/HHH (Raw 2001)
4) Shane/Angle (KOTR 2001)
5) HBK/Taker (HIAC)
6) Angle/Benoit v. Edge/Rey (No Mercy 2002)
7) HHH/Cactus Jack (Rumble 2000)
8) Austin/Bret (WM13)
9) HHH vs. Austin 3 Stages of Hell (NWO 01)
10) Taker/Foley HIAC (KOTR 98)

Without really thinking, minus #1 and #10, this is probably dead on my list :lol: off top I'd add that 10 man tag match from Raw 2000, I think when Kane came back with Paul Bearer wearing that red jacket.

Some other personal faves would be RVD/Jeff Hardy from Invasion, Austin vs Angle from a 2001 Raw episode, Test/Shane vs SS99, and one of X-Pac/D-Lo Brown matches. Not sure if it was a Raw or a PPV.

Last edited:
I don't think AE gets enough credit for just how good the matches were..I know a lot of the promo stuff is what people most remember, but the mid-card matches alone makes it better than 80's & '10's WWE..

i dont watch wrestling anymore but it has become a tradition now to view it from royal rumble to wrestlemania

i still dont get the move to put aj styles on the main roster and not send him to nxt.

by the way ill be watching nxt for the first time now that i have the wwe network again. hope it does not disappoint anybody know which episodes have the debuts of samoa joe, james storm, and austin aries?

Without really thinking, minus #1 and #10, this is probably dead on my list
laugh.gif
off top I'd add that 10 man tag match from Raw 2000, I think when Kane came back with Paul Bearer wearing that red jacket.

Some other personal faves would be RVD/Jeff Hardy from Invasion, Austin vs Angle from a 2001 Raw episode, Test/Shane vs SS99, and one of X-Pac/D-Lo Brown matches. Not sure if it was a Raw or a PPV.
I don't think Foley/Taker HIAC is like a fantastic showpiece of prowrestling, but I do acknowledge that it's a match that's important to the lineage of big WWF matches & that's why I threw it on there. Rock/Austin X7 is amazing though cmon 
laugh.gif

One of my favorite AE matches... HBK vs Mankind... It's just :x :smh: in the best possible ways...

Last edited:
Fantastic match... It's one of those matches that seems real because of how stiff...
I think I like that match a ton because they were in Philly & knew the ECW mutants might s*** on that match, so they went out there, took their own style and shoved it down their throats. Coked up HBK rules. 

Fantastic match... It's one of those matches that seems real because of how stiff...

I think I like that match a ton because they were in Philly & knew the ECW mutants might s*** on that match, so they went out there, took their own style and shoved it down their throats. Coked up HBK rules. 

Either forgot or never relized it was in Philly... HBK was so amazing in ring before that casket match... Dude had gears no one else had..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom