Wrestling Thread Jan 5-18 | 1/16 New Japan Debuts on AXS 9pm et - Tanahashi v Okada 2013

Inb4 a contrarian smark says bullet club >>>>> nwo

Nexus >>>>>> both

b7BFbrq.png

Hall and his kid are very off and on, am i correct? And last i heard they werent speaking? Wonder how thats going over. :lol:

Random: in that pic, theres a white guy talking. Do they speak in english or does he know japanese? :nerd:

Curtis axel is on the nxt roster now. Like tyson Kidd was. Hopefully he gains a character. I think his first fued is with Balor.

Last edited:
Wrestle Kingdom was a great show overall.

The opening tag team match was decent but not up to the standards of the other junior tags they've had at previous Dome Shows. Sakuraba/Suzuki was solid but they could've given us more; Ishii/Makabe was very good.

Styles and Naito had a very solid match but again I thought it lacked any good nearfalls to make it great, not as good as their G1 bout.

Both main events were outstanding man, just quality, what can you say? I think Tana/Okada was slightly better just because of the history between the both and that crazy HFF over the barrier. Do still think Naka/Ibushi from the G1 a couple years ago was better than this one, but not by much. Ibushi is a star for sure, when he brings out that aggresive side it's money.

Didn't like JR and Striker on commentary, I mean they weren't terrible but I badly missed the Japanese guy going nuts. Maybe I'm just too used to the foreign commentary?

Wrestle Kingdom was a great show overall.

The opening tag team match was decent but not up to the standards of the other junior tags they've had at previous Dome Shows. Sakuraba/Suzuki was solid but they could've given us more; Ishii/Makabe was very good.

Styles and Naito had a very solid match but again I thought it lacked any good nearfalls to make it great, not as good as their G1 bout.

Both main events were outstanding man, just quality, what can you say? I think Tana/Okada was slightly better just because of the history between the both and that crazy HFF over the barrier. Do still think Naka/Ibushi from the G1 a couple years ago was better than this one, but not by much. Ibushi is a star for sure, when he brings out that aggresive side it's money.

Didn't like JR and Striker on commentary, I mean they weren't terrible but I badly missed the Japanese guy going nuts. Maybe I'm just too used to the foreign commentary?
I ever so slightly preferred the Kota and Shinsuke match, but Okada and Tanahashi really put on an excellent show as well, especial with their history. And yeah, I prefer the crazy excitement provided by the OG New Japan commentary team. Although I only know a few Japanese words (and most of those I learned from Anime. :lol:) their enthusiasm more than makes up for it.

I think if JR/Striker has a chance to do a couple shows and develop a chemistry then they'd be great together..JR's commentating did get a little repetitive and he definitely could have used some more knowledge of the product/wrestlers..But I think given the circumstances I think he did a solid job..And Striker, who I don't like, was actually really good..It's hard to throw any 2 people together for any sport and expect them to kickass..I just hope JJ can get these guys back for some more ppv's cause it'll only get better with time and I think having English commentary only helps NJPW blow up even more..

Excited to see what NJPW/ROH got cooking up for 2015. A show in the old ECW area in philly would be :pimp:

Will try to catch WK 9 tomorrow since I have some downtime at work. Can someone recommend me where I can watch it, ala dailymotion, etc?

Hall's son in the Bullet Club just made it mirror the Bulletless club of NTWT.

Was up last night and thought they were just doing TV tapings and not a live show for TNA. So Joe, Low Ki and EY are heels now with MVP?

Gonna listen to Taz's podcast with Edge on the way into work manana.

re: DeMott

Hating him doesn't mean he isn't a great trainer though. Most of Larry Brown's players hate him after while as well

It's the same way that liking him doesn't make him a good trainer.

I dunno. He was never anything special to me in the ring and when I saw his stuff it never made me think "Man...this guy should be training people" Plus there are quite a few wrestlers who've had negative things to say about his style of training.

But you're right, I'm just an outside observer.

Back
Top Bottom