Wrestling Thread Feb 15-21 | 2/21 WWE Elimination Chamber PPV (pg15)

ec predictions? ill post mine

mcintyre retains
kingston eliminated 1st, then ted, then orton cause of a ted screw up, then hhh by cena, then cena because batista interfeers, sheamus retains

r truth eliminated 1st, then morrison, then punk, then rey after punk gts, hbk interfeers n kicks taker, winner n new champ jericho

i see edge come out n spear jericho to end the show

I can see HHH and Sheamus as the last two in the raw EC, so that they can have the WM match that's rumored.

Damn, MITB has been an awesome staple in recent years. Hey, maybe we can get another 30 minute segemnt of Paul "HHH" Levesque in it's place!!!

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by JCH3

Going to Elimination Chamber on Sunday, any decent sign ideas? Rep the GWO?
Where are your seats?
3950s.gif

I'm in Section 105 about halfway up.
Originally Posted by quiickz

Originally Posted by JCH3

Going to Elimination Chamber on Sunday, any decent sign ideas? Rep the GWO?
"Botch-a-mania"
"We Want Blood"
"HGH, The King of Syringes"
"Balcotista"
Botch-a-mania is a good one.

I can see Taker being eliminated first or being let out his Chamber glass last.

Ain't no way his old *## can hold up(pause) from a Chamber match.

i see 5 storylines start up/continue tonight

cena/batista
punk/rey
taker/hbk
jericho/edge
morrison heel turn

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i see 5 storylines start up/continue tonight

cena/batista
punk/rey
taker/hbk
jericho/edge
morrison heel turn
Elaborate please

I don't have a lot to say going into tonight's PPV.  The Elimination Chamber makes for exciting matches, but going into the matches themselves, I'm not overly excited.  Even with 6 guys involved in each match, it still feels like the same old recycled match over again (especially on the Raw side).  Yeah, there are a few new names involved, but they don't have a realistic chance of winning.  I guess the most important thing for tonight is just to firmly establish/finalize the programs heading into WrestleMania which is now just 5 weeks away.  A few big are also absent from tonight's show (Edge, Batista, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart).  I would be shocked if we didn't see all of them involved in some capacity with the exception of Bret.  With only four matches officially announced, it should leave plenty of time for an additional match or angle.  I read that Edge vs Batista would be on tonight's show, but I can't seem to confirm that anywhere.  I think it would be a mistake adding it as a last second throwaway match.

Maryse vs Gail Kim - Divas Championship Match for the Vacant Divas Title

I enjoy anything involving Maryse, so of course I am looking forward to this match.  Gail Kim is maybe the most vanilla Diva in the WWE, and that's saying something.  Has she done anything of interest since returning other than botching matches with Mickie James.  I have no idea what Maryse has been saying to Gail each week in French, but I love every word she says.  Of course, it has something to do with her feigning a friendship with her.  If Maryse doesn't win the title tonight, I'd be shocked.

Prediction: Maryse - New Divas Champion

Drew McIntyre (c) vs Kane - Intercontinental Championship Match

This match is a throwaway to me.  Drew McIntyre is on a hot run right now.  I see a ton of potential in him as long as the WWE doesn't decide to inexplicably bury him as we've seen them do with so many other young stars.  I've never been a fan of Kane, but you know what you're getting out of him at this point of his career.  He's a big name that can be thrown into matches like this one when there isn't another worthy challenger at the time.  Kane will probably beat McIntyre down, but in the end, McIntyre will come back and get the victory.  McIntyre's new music is awesome btw.

Prediction: Drew McIntyre - Retains Intercontinental Title

Sheamus (c) vs John Cena vs Randy Orton vs Kofi Kingston vs HHH vs Ted Dibiase - WWE Championship Elimination Chamber Match

Like I said earlier... Cena, Orton, HHH.  What else is new?  This match seems pretty cut and dry to me.  We can immediately rule out Kofi Kingston.  He's not winning the title and not headlining WrestleMania.  The same goes for Ted Dibiase.  It seems pretty clear that Randy Orton will be involved in some type of match against Legacy at WrestleMania.  We may see the split finalized tonight.  It's not often that you rule John Cena out of winning the title at a PPV, but tonight I am.  Cena is heading towards a match with Batista at WrestleMania, and that is a natural grudge match that can sell on its own with the title being involved.  That leaves Sheamus and HHH.  If HHH were to win tonight, no one is going to buy a match at WrestleMania where Sheamus is challenging HHH.  So I'm going with Sheamus retaining here, defeating HHH, setting up a rematch at WrestleMania where HHH will once again prove he is the best in the industry..........

Prediction: Sheamus - Retains WWE Title

The Undertaker (c) vs John Morrison vs CM Punk vs Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio Jr vs R-Truth - World Championship Elimination Chamber Match

I think this match has a few more variables than the Raw match, but I still think the outcome is fairly predictable.  First, we can throw out R-Truth.  For John Morrison, I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't participate in this match.  The injury angle has been bizarre, and I would have to think there would be some sort of payoff to it.  The most likely scenario is Morrison can't go and Shawn Michaels ends up taking his place.  If Michaels doesn't take Morrison's place, I still think he gets involved in the match one way or another.  I don't see either Rey Mysterio or CM Punk as viable options to headline WrestleMania this year, although I definitely won't be against seeing Punk win.  The rumors are a hair vs mask match between Punk and Mysterio, so these two may be involved in eliminating each other.  We all know it will be The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania, and just like Cena vs Batista, this is another match that doesn't need the title to be involved.  So I'm going with The Undertaker dropping the title tonight.  One way or another, I think Shawn costs The Taker the title, thus leading Taker to accept Michaels' challenge for a match.  And that leaves us with Chris Jericho.  It definitely seems that they have been building towards Edge vs Jericho, so if Jericho wins the title tonight, Edge can cash in his Royal Rumble victory title shot, and have his match against Jericho for the title.

Prediction: Chris Jericho - New World Champion

Like I said, I don't feel a ton of juice heading into tonight's show, but Elimination Chamber matches rarely disappoint, so it will probably turn out pretty well.

I haven't watched wrestling in YEARS, where can i watch this online tonight in great quality?

PO

are they just adding kopfi and truth in for minority reasons?
laugh.gif
those two have no reason to be on the card. everyone else has a reason going into a feud or setting up feuds.

My predictions:

Maryse vs. Gail Kim-------------------------------------Maryse wins the title.
Drew McIntyre vs Kane---------------------------------Drew McIntyre retains.
WWE Title Elimination Chamber Match------------------Sheamus retains.
World Title Elimination Chamber Match------------------Undertaker retains.

agthekid

Spoiler [+]
a morrison heel turn is expected soon...most likely they r gonna use the ankle injury angle to start it, it could begin 2nite

If this PPV makes me feel like i'm 12 in a bad way i'm done with WWE after wrestlemania. At least TNA doesn't make me feel TOO embarrassed to say i'm watching wrestling SMH.

i was just reading that jr has taken cole to the side to help him with his announcing....good cuz he needs it bad

Back
Top Bottom