Wrestling Thread Dec 9-22 | Dec 21 The Great SWAGTISTA Is Returning for WrestleMania XXX

- The reason RAW announcers JBL, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler were taking “selfies” during last night’s show is because Vince McMahon is not a fan of President Barack Obama. The “selfies” were done as a rib to Obama after he was seen taking a photo with British Prime Minister David Cameron and Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt at Nelson Mandela’s funeral last week in South Africa.

I dont think I've seen a public figure more out of touch that Vince.

Appreciate the Reigns article. The part about them in full riot gear like the ECW Basham's :lol: glad they got their own input to make that change. Their split is inevitable of course, but when that happens, hopefully they all get their shine. But this is the WWE we're talking about.

Last edited:
- The reason RAW announcers JBL, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler were taking “selfies” during last night’s show is because Vince McMahon is not a fan of President Barack Obama. The “selfies” were done as a rib to Obama after he was seen taking a photo with British Prime Minister David Cameron and Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt at Nelson Mandela’s funeral last week in South Africa.

I dont think I've seen a public figure more out of touch that Vince.

Appreciate the Reigns article. The part about them in full riot gear like the ECW Basham's :lol: glad they got their own input to make that change. Their split is inevitable of course, but when that happens, hopefully they all get their shine. But this is the WWE we're talking about.

Vince is beyond out of touch, I mean he created his own universe. The wwe universe.

- Amidst skepticism regarding AJ Styles' current TNA status, WrestleZone has learned this afternoon, from a source within TNA, that AJ Styles has in fact re-signed with TNA, and the public statement he issued yesterday claiming to be done with the company is indeed a work.

"The statement Styles issued yesterday was a work, and a blasphemous one at that," a TNA source told WZ.

It was also reported yesterday that Styles has signed on to appear at the upcoming UWE event on March 15th, which is likely something TNA officials agreed to in order to further the appearance that Styles is done with TNA.

Styles is also currently booked for 8 other independent appearances in 2014, so it remains to be seen whether or not he pulls out of all or some of them, or works the dates despite re-signing with TNA.

Meanwhile Linda is enjoying the show.

lindamcmahon-raw.jpg

Last edited:
- Word going around backstage at Sunday’s WWE TLC pay-per-view was that CM Punk is penciled in to feud with new WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton in early 2014.

The other Punk related talk going around at TLC was that the company is planning on pushing Punk as the anti-corporate Superstar once again.

If WWE decides to go in that direction, it would be a stopgap to Punk’s program at WrestleMania XXX. While the dream match against Steve Austin is still something WWE officials would like to have happen, there has been more consideration towards a program with Daniel Bryan as of late. One of the biggest things Punk has been frustrated with lately is the lack of long-term booking in regards to his character.

- Many fans were surprised when WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee didn’t drop her title to Natalya at Sunday’s TLC pay-per-view, just after the news came out about her incident with Michelle Beadle at the Tribute to the Troops tapings last week.

Word from Monday’s RAW is that Vince McMahon is a “huge” supporter of AJ and was largely behind the immediate protection of her following this incident. This is why there was no punishment at TLC or RAW for the Beadle incident.

- John Cena vs Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan is as of right now being booked as the main event for the Royal Rumble. Word is that we may also see more triple threat main event matches on pay per view.

- Variety.com continues to release reports pertaining to WWE's current and future programming, and is now reporting that WWE officials have informed Variety they are considering switching Smackdown to a live show and changing its broadcast night from Friday nights.

Executives noted that while this would mean an increase in cost, WWE would be willing to make the change if it meant receiving a better programming fee for the show.

- With regards to the potential WWE Network launch, WrestleMania, along with the other monthly WWE PPV events, would be made available through what is likely to be an internet, subscription based platform, and the Variety report corroborated this information by noting that both SummerSlam and WrestleMania will air on the company's new subscription-based WWE Network.

The report also states that WWE officials feel they can break even on a WWE Network with 800,000 to one million subscribers.

- WWE will be taping next week's edition of Raw from The Frank Erwin Center in Austin, TX. Additionally, WWE will be taping this week and next week's editions of Smackdown tomorrow and Thursday night. Nothing has been announced for the Raw taping tonight.

Im watching this wrestlemania Dvd set right now, and HBK vs Razor Ramon ladder match at WMX is on disc 2.

i have to tell everyone how incredible the QUALITY of the footage in these dvds. it looks better than a typical raw. it could be the numerous times ive seen this match in grainy youtube videos that is swaying my opinion.

Regardless if this is any indication of how the new WWE network, we are all in for a treat. HQ footage of classic matches WILL BE AMAZING.

Boggles my mind that they thought moving it to Friday night would be a good idea.

Only Virgins stay in on Friday nights to watch TV.

Then again, a majority of the wrestling fanbase consists of virgins 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom