Wrestling Thread August 15th-20th/ Tonight NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II At 8PM Eastern/ SummerSlam This

Rick Rude was the WCW International Heavyweight champion, yes? Forget how this was renamed but who did he beat for this? Weren't WCW and the NWA trying to work together but the NWA wasn't the same as it was in the 60s-80s.

The International title is kinda weird..NEA and WCW were starting to split at that time but yet there was still a NWA world title..And WCW for a little bit just called it The Big Gold belt and then the International World title..I don't think it was ever recognized by any outsiders or wrestling magazines as an official world title..It was very strange..I'm almost positive that Sting and Flair aren't credited with a world title reign in their grand totals when it comes to holding that belt..So Rude isn't credited as being an official world champion because of his multiple title victories..

@green rhino123

I took your advice and began to limit how often I use candles and burning incenses

I have been using a diffuser with essential oils. Very therapeutic

Amazon.com : Greenair Spa Vapor Advanced Wellness Instant Healthful Mist Therapy, (Colors may vary) : Aromatherapy Products : Beauty Amazon product ASIN B006U7NSO2 

image.jpg

There is now talk of Reigns playing a big role in the Balor/Rollins match.

Heel turn?

The International title is kinda weird..NEA and WCW were starting to split at that time but yet there was still a NWA world title..And WCW for a little bit just called it The Big Gold belt and then the International World title..I don't think it was ever recognized by any outsiders or wrestling magazines as an official world title..It was very strange..I'm almost positive that Sting and Flair aren't credited with a world title reign in their grand totals when it comes to holding that belt..So Rude isn't credited as being an official world champion because of his multiple title victories..

I didn't consider it as World Champion status since they were already trying to establish WCW as its main title and slowly phase anything NWA related. Too lazy to look at title histories but I do remember Masa Chono beating Rude 92-93 for the NWA belt when it was held up. It's like when Barry Windham and Muta were considered NWA World Champions but by then, the NWA were just small area promotions and a shell of its former self.

Back
Top Bottom