Wrestling Thread August 15th-20th/ Tonight NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II At 8PM Eastern/ SummerSlam This

YEw01M.gif

:nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

They should have just put Maryse or Dana Brooke in red and sent Eva Marie to the 'hub. I bet even the sex would be boring and passionless as Bethany Benz' first vids

Who's your Top 3 guys never to have won a recognized (AWA WWE WCW NWA ECW) World Title?..

1. Scott Hall
2. Rick Rude
3. Tie-Arn Anderson & Magnum TA..

@DCAllAmerican

Top 5 matches 1975-1985?, Go!...

I'll play this game but will go from what I can remember watching, early 80s-1990:

1)Bruno/Larry feud ( This is what got me watching with my Dad and brother. The way Larry slowly hated being the "student" and finally having to break the rules and turn on Bruno is something we probably wont see again.)
2)Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat at WrestleWar 89
3)Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat Wrestlemania 3
4)Magnum TA vs Tully Blanchard I Quit Match.
5)Bob Backlund vs Sgt. Slaughter Philly Spectrum

Guys, what are your fave face to heel/ heel to face turns?

1)Bruno/Larry feud ( This is what got me watching with my Dad and brother. The way Larry slowly hated being the "student" and finally having to break the rules and turn on Bruno is something we probably wont see again.)

:nthat:

face-to-heel, heel-to-face - Hulk Hogan comes to mind

Last edited:
:nthat:

face-to-heel, heel-to-face - Hulk Hogan comes to mind

My fave has to be with Nikita Koloff, from heel to face and face to heel. The way the crowd first reacts to seeing Dusty going to the ring vs JJ Dillon and Ole Anderson with Nikita following behind and finally the crowd going crazy when Nikita slowly enters the ring then starts beating up Ole and JJ is awesome. Also when Nikita came back to hand Lex Luger the new US belt with Nikita rocking a du-rag and baldy (hated that flat top) and he then bashes him with the belt. Thought it was only right that Nikita got his revenge on Luger when the roles were reversed a few years ago.

Curt Hennig was a world champion..He held the AWA World Title for over a year..

Not with the Mr Perfect gimmick tho

But I've been watching some of the Hennig/Bockwinkel stuff again lately and it's so so good

Last edited:
Not with the Mr Perfect gimmick tho

But I've been watching some of the Hennig/Bockwinkel stuff again lately and it's so so good

I kinda just was going with a wrestler and not a gimmick, but I see what you're saying..The Mr Perfect character should've got a run with the title before or directly after Bret's 1st run..

Rick Rude was the WCW International Heavyweight champion, yes? Forget how this was renamed but who did he beat for this? Weren't WCW and the NWA trying to work together but the NWA wasn't the same as it was in the 60s-80s.

Back
Top Bottom