Wrestling Thread April-September 2018 RIP

WWE SmackDown Live preview (May 1, 2018): Oil and water

By Meangene45 May 1, 2018, 10:00am EDT
20180430_SD_Miz_JHardy__95a15bc4b0832963370e3c210794f724.0.jpg
WWE.com
Here’s hoping Montreal is as fired up for night two of WWE action as they were for night one!

The Headliners

During periods where WWE has split its brands, it’s common for there to be a pay-per-view (PPV) after a Draft or Shakeup where a few matches end up being between Superstars who are now on different shows. It’s also not unusual for some of those to be for secondary titles.

But the addition of a Saudia Arabian supershow to the schedule has made it so there were a couple rounds of those matches in about ten days. And they’ve served to remove pretty much all the suspense from an Intercontinental Title match between SmackDown’s The Miz and Raw’s Seth Rollins coming up at Backlash.

The A-Lister will be interacting with another titleholder, United States Champ Jeff Hardy, on Miz TV tonight. Hardy will be facing Randy Orton in Newark on May 6. Meaning, no matter who wins or loses, the red, white and blue strap stays on the blue brand.

Another way to look at that is, there’s not a lot of suspense about Miz/Rollins, because WWE probably won’t put both the lower tier men’s belts on Tuesdays - especially when Raw’s top title is currently held by a part-timer.

So we’ll probably get a hot match between Seth and The Awesome One on Sunday, and we may be setting up Hardy’s next program during this evening’s episode. But it’s past time to put The Shakeup behind us. And next week’s shows - after the Intercontinental Championship match and Samoa Joe vs. Roman Reigns - will finally allow us to do that.

The Title Scene
We’re getting ready for our third WWE championship match of the past month between AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura at Backlash. The challenger is heelishly demanding an apology from Styles for the extended post-double countout beatdown he laid on Nakamura at last Friday’s Greatest Royal Rumble. Sure, it was in retaliation for weeks of low blows, but that’s why it’s heelish.

There will be a singles match for the Women’s title on Sunday, with Charlotte Flair trying to reclaim her belt from Carmella. But their rivalry’s been built on multi-person matches from even before IIconics attack allowed Carm to cash-in her Money in the Bank contract, and after Becky Lynch and Asuka ran in to save Flair from a Mella, Peyton Royce and Billie Kay attack last Tuesday, a six-woman will send us on to their PPV bout.

After a successful defense against The Usos at Greatest Royal Rumble, tag team championsBludgeon Brothers don’t have a match announced for this weekend’s PPV. With seven matches on the card already and a reported three hour runtime for the show, plus Jimmy and Jey not really having a reason to demand another rematch, could Harper and Rowan get Sunday off?

Other stuff to keep an eye on:
- WWE seems to have big plans for Big Cass. He continued his backstage attacking ways last Tuesday when he took out Daniel Bryan, then showed off his improved promo skills. He came up short in the main event in Saudi Arabia, but made it to the final two after eliminating Iron Man Bryan. The former General Manager will be looking for payback, both during their planned Backlash match - and before.

- Speaking of General Managers, Paige is supposed to be back tonight after a week off. She’s got plenty to manage, not the least of which is the impending debuts of former NXT titleholders Andrade “Cien” Almas (with business manager Zelina Vega) and SAnitY.

- They lost their bid to win the red and silver straps and return to Raw, so will Cesaro and Sheamus continue to channel their frustrations toward The New Day and their platters full of pancakes?

It’s the Backlash ‘go home’ - and the Greatest Royal Rumble fallout - show!

What will you be looking for on SmackDown Live tonight?

WWE SmackDown Live preview (May 1, 2018): Oil and water

By Meangene45 May 1, 2018, 10:00am EDT
20180430_SD_Miz_JHardy__95a15bc4b0832963370e3c210794f724.0.jpg
WWE.com
Here’s hoping Montreal is as fired up for night two of WWE action as they were for night one!

The Headliners

During periods where WWE has split its brands, it’s common for there to be a pay-per-view (PPV) after a Draft or Shakeup where a few matches end up being between Superstars who are now on different shows. It’s also not unusual for some of those to be for secondary titles.

But the addition of a Saudia Arabian supershow to the schedule has made it so there were a couple rounds of those matches in about ten days. And they’ve served to remove pretty much all the suspense from an Intercontinental Title match between SmackDown’s The Miz and Raw’s Seth Rollins coming up at Backlash.

The A-Lister will be interacting with another titleholder, United States Champ Jeff Hardy, on Miz TV tonight. Hardy will be facing Randy Orton in Newark on May 6. Meaning, no matter who wins or loses, the red, white and blue strap stays on the blue brand.

Another way to look at that is, there’s not a lot of suspense about Miz/Rollins, because WWE probably won’t put both the lower tier men’s belts on Tuesdays - especially when Raw’s top title is currently held by a part-timer.

So we’ll probably get a hot match between Seth and The Awesome One on Sunday, and we may be setting up Hardy’s next program during this evening’s episode. But it’s past time to put The Shakeup behind us. And next week’s shows - after the Intercontinental Championship match and Samoa Joe vs. Roman Reigns - will finally allow us to do that.

The Title Scene
We’re getting ready for our third WWE championship match of the past month between AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura at Backlash. The challenger is heelishly demanding an apology from Styles for the extended post-double countout beatdown he laid on Nakamura at last Friday’s Greatest Royal Rumble. Sure, it was in retaliation for weeks of low blows, but that’s why it’s heelish.

There will be a singles match for the Women’s title on Sunday, with Charlotte Flair trying to reclaim her belt from Carmella. But their rivalry’s been built on multi-person matches from even before IIconics attack allowed Carm to cash-in her Money in the Bank contract, and after Becky Lynch and Asuka ran in to save Flair from a Mella, Peyton Royce and Billie Kay attack last Tuesday, a six-woman will send us on to their PPV bout.

After a successful defense against The Usos at Greatest Royal Rumble, tag team championsBludgeon Brothers don’t have a match announced for this weekend’s PPV. With seven matches on the card already and a reported three hour runtime for the show, plus Jimmy and Jey not really having a reason to demand another rematch, could Harper and Rowan get Sunday off?

Other stuff to keep an eye on:
- WWE seems to have big plans for Big Cass. He continued his backstage attacking ways last Tuesday when he took out Daniel Bryan, then showed off his improved promo skills. He came up short in the main event in Saudi Arabia, but made it to the final two after eliminating Iron Man Bryan. The former General Manager will be looking for payback, both during their planned Backlash match - and before.

- Speaking of General Managers, Paige is supposed to be back tonight after a week off. She’s got plenty to manage, not the least of which is the impending debuts of former NXT titleholders Andrade “Cien” Almas (with business manager Zelina Vega) and SAnitY.

- They lost their bid to win the red and silver straps and return to Raw, so will Cesaro and Sheamus continue to channel their frustrations toward The New Day and their platters full of pancakes?

It’s the Backlash ‘go home’ - and the Greatest Royal Rumble fallout - show!

What will you be looking for on SmackDown Live tonight?
Great write up uce. This is a post worth reading. Unlike these other posers trying to post a long promo in here thinking a wwe exec will read their posts.

• Brock Lesnar’s next match is expected to be at June’s Money in the Bank.
  • On the subject of Money in the Bank as WWE is looking to make it a ”Big 5” PPV, it looks like events other than it, Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series will remain three hours long, even with both Raw and SmackDown Superstars on every show.
  • WWE wanted Big Show involved in WrestleMania and Greatest Royal Rumble, according to Blue Mamba Observer Radio, but he suffered a new injury while coming back from his hip surgery.
  • There’s speculation Shelton Benjamin will be added to the United States Championship match at Backlash so he can take the pin rather than Randy Orton or Jeff Hardy.

• Brock Lesnar’s next match is expected to be at June’s Money in the Bank.
  • On the subject of Money in the Bank as WWE is looking to make it a ”Big 5” PPV, it looks like events other than it, Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series will remain three hours long, even with both Raw and SmackDown Superstars on every show.
  • WWE wanted Big Show involved in WrestleMania and Greatest Royal Rumble, according to Blue Mamba Observer Radio, but he suffered a new injury while coming back from his hip surgery.
  • There’s speculation Shelton Benjamin will be added to the United States Championship match at Backlash so he can take the pin rather than Randy Orton or Jeff Hardy.
Great source. Can you please continue posting news so we don’t get any from that fake news reporter

D409C50D-07DF-4660-BAE4-ED01BD14763D.jpeg Is what I say to things obstructing me from feeding the NTWT skreets. Where there is a will, there is always a way. Gotta find loopholes and okie dokes to beat the system. With that out of the way...
QUOTE="ihust1e, post: 29976177, member: 37447"]hit me after you seen it[/QUOTE]
I will for sure. Gonna try to see that **** tomorrow. My wife is getting over a cold so she ain’t gonna wanna go today. :frown: :smh:
are they really trying to cover up that botch with a tweet? just act like it didnt happen, like they always do :lol:
Whatchu talmbout?!?
someone post the tweet yall referencing
I’m saying. Went through the whole thread and I either overlooked it or nobody posted that ish. :lol: :smh:
Jinder Mahal and Roman Reigns feud

Lord take me now
33C91486-947E-4379-8E58-2961A17CA5F8.gif They really had this match happen. :frown: :smh: Sorry y’all had to go through that.
THIS IS A HOMETOWN POP

WHAT THE **** IS A ** ****
Welll deserved props for Sami as well as the ** **** slander. :nthat:
Bobby Botchly in the house!
I have a strange feeling danger style danger style might like that post. :lol:
Elias >>> Bob Roode
This goes without saying. Elias has refined his craft and gotten way over. Baby face Bobby is stale as a bag of OG yellow bag Lay’s left open for a week. He really needs to be a heel.
Got tickets for next Monday.
I haven’t been to a WWE event in a min. I think I am hurt the two New Japan showings in Cali sold out so quick. Both times tix got released while I was at work. :frown: :smh:
See quote below
finn with the AYO comments :nerd:
See pic above previous quote
why do they still have his music lol
They are still part of the Miztourage even though he is on a different show. That is at least my guess, unless they disbanded. I have really been watching as much lately. :lol:
Real talk, would you hit Ruby Riot?
Hell ****** no. If she had bigger ******* yeah. I need a distraction from that face. No disrespect Hustle.
Sasha has regressed as a performer

She don't have the hunger anymore
When you get depushed and given transitional titles reigns while less talented individuals get lengthy ones I wouldn’t try as hard either sometimes. Y’alls man ** **** for damn sure was in coast mode for a While before he dipped but I digress...
pffft she dont need to sell with me :pimp:
:lol: :rofl: well played.
Nia dual wielding Turkey legs :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Not akimbo turkey leg carnage.
Hardy 2 Deep 4 Yall
Like that subtle tweak Rhino. I see you.
Wish they weren't using Braun to get Botchly over.
I don’t like that idea at all.
raines look zooted tho
As someone who gets zooted on a daily basis, I can vouch that Reigns looks high AF.
Lashley got on drawls and a headband, c'mon man
This **** right here made me legit laugh out loud in the break room. Had people looking at me all crazy. :lol: :rofl:
Damn Sasha lost her Champs deal to Bliss?
Damn. Belts and sponsorships. Things are on a downturn for “The Boss.” Sorry for copyright infringement Rhino. :lol:
Are they gonna eventually have Botchly beat Brock for the Universal Title?

With Botchly's credentials - he is believable in that role. More so than most of the roster.
He very well may beat Brock. Or Brock may hold the title for infinity...
So is Lashley’s WWE finisher a suplex? And did they have an actual plan to bring him back, or did they just not want him on Impact?
I think it’s a mixture of the two. Keep him away from impact and give him random matches. And is his finisher really a suplex? Vertical, German, Snap, etc?
Booby “I came back for big matches only” Lashley...get this guy all the way outta here
The homie danger has no love for Lashley. Ever. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
No way Rosé
A06CFF36-A22B-449F-8952-83E8E3F6CE9E.jpeg
Dem jiggles and dat mouf.
ooh.png
That combo of titty meat and DSL is meant for the nasty man flicks. Dana would have me all types of A53F5452-09C0-4C8A-BA2A-3F6177D8F2AB.jpeg + F91DA51C-D7AF-4707-AB9F-64428E1883E7.png + A3E81AB9-B6AE-41F3-AE7A-F99EF23559D9.gif = 0392F74E-771F-481F-9C81-01FC48B2F977.gif + 801C77AD-1A11-4504-B91D-07F283D8BD83.png if she went that route. I can only hope...
Fixed. If you don’t like it, come to Atlanta and get this size 11.5.
Cleanest will take no disrespek on his name. Ever. 136EB7C6-CB35-40FD-A471-BB651D343A8A.jpeg
Señor Benjamin playing for damn keeps B. 75B09451-EEA8-4D95-9EAF-8F3CED5F93D9.png

D409C50D-07DF-4660-BAE4-ED01BD14763D.jpeg Is what I say to things obstructing me from feeding the NTWT skreets. Where there is a will, there is always a way. Gotta find loopholes and okie dokes to beat the system. With that out of the way...
hit me after you seen it
I will for sure. Gonna try to see that **** tomorrow. My wife is getting over a cold so she ain’t gonna wanna go today. :frown: :smh:

Whatchu talmbout?!?

I’m saying. Went through the whole thread and I either overlooked it or nobody posted that ish. :lol: :smh:

33C91486-947E-4379-8E58-2961A17CA5F8.gif They really had this match happen. :frown: :smh: Sorry y’all had to go through that.

This goes without saying. Elias has refined his craft and gotten way over. Baby face Bobby is stale as a bag of OG yellow bag Lay’s left open for a week. He really needs to be a heel.

I haven’t been to a WWE event in a min. I think I am hurt the two New Japan showings in Cali sold out so quick. Both times tix got released while I was at work. :frown: :smh:

See quote below

They are still part of the Miztourage even though he is on a different show. That is at least my guess, unless they disbanded. I have really been watching as much lately. :lol:

Hell ****** no. If she had bigger ******* yeah. I need a distraction from that face. No disrespect Hustle.

When you get depushed and given transitional titles reigns while less talented individuals get lengthy ones I wouldn’t try as hard either sometimes. Y’alls man ** **** for damn sure was in coast mode for a While before he dipped but I digress...

As someone who gets zooted on a daily basis, I can vouch that Reigns looks high AF.

This **** right here made me legit laugh out loud in the break room. Had people looking at me all crazy. :lol: :rofl:

Damn. Belts and sponsorships. Things are on a downturn for “The Boss.” Sorry for copyright infringement Rhino. :lol:

I think it’s a mixture of the two. Keep him away from impact and give him random matches. And is his finisher really a suplex? Vertical, German, Snap, etc?

That combo of titty meat and DSL is meant for the nasty man flicks. Dana would have me all types of A53F5452-09C0-4C8A-BA2A-3F6177D8F2AB.jpeg + F91DA51C-D7AF-4707-AB9F-64428E1883E7.png + A3E81AB9-B6AE-41F3-AE7A-F99EF23559D9.gif = 0392F74E-771F-481F-9C81-01FC48B2F977.gif + 801C77AD-1A11-4504-B91D-07F283D8BD83.png if she went that route. I can only hope...

Cleanest will take no disrespek on his name. Ever. 136EB7C6-CB35-40FD-A471-BB651D343A8A.jpeg
Señor Benjamin playing for damn keeps B. 75B09451-EEA8-4D95-9EAF-8F3CED5F93D9.png
the TOWAH OF KWOTAYSHEEAN BKYE

hit me after you seen it

Whatchu talmbout?!?

See quote below

There it is :nthat:

Sup Ego?

Back
Top Bottom