Wrestling Thread April-September 2018 RIP

08884c3143a95abaf3c09d711a117300.gif

>>>>>

What's you opinion on the sets that are used for PPVs? Do you like how they used to all be different, or the uniform sets of today?
I hate sterilization/uniformity.

For the most part, these arenas in America all look the same inside so there won't be much variation from THAT aspect.

But the stages, I won't fault them because I know those things must be hell to move from city to city. I am sure they cost a grip as well.

I won't fault them for that

I hate sterilization/uniformity.

For the most part, these arenas in America all look the same inside so there won't be much variation from THAT aspect.

But the stages, I won't fault them because I know those things must be hell to move from city to city. I am sure they cost a grip as well.

I won't fault them for that

Different sets are always the way to go..Makes each ppv feel like it has it's own personality/vibe..

I understand them being the same to make things easier, especially with all the dates they run, but my personal preference is like Case Case

I understand them being the same to make things easier, especially with all the dates they run, but my personal preference is like Case Case
Yea, I would WANT it, but I try to look at it from their POV as well.

It isn't like (something Wai/Pollock brought to my attention), that they are giving praise/love/credit to the production team. So giving THEM more work, I am cool on that demand.

It would be nice to see different sets, something WCW did well, but it doesn't matter honestly

It isn't like (something Wai/Pollock brought to my attention), that they are giving praise/love/credit to the production team. So giving THEM more work, I am cool on that demand.

It would be nice to see different sets, something WCW did well, but it doesn't matter honestly

You're right about the giving praise part.
I always thought WCW had dope sets too.

Yea, wrestling telecasts should have rolling credits at the end of their shows.

WCW PPV's did it, it is only right

I wonder how much that was costing them back in the day...

Doing it during the Monday Night Wars era made sense because they were in competition with each other to have the coolest product.

Now that WWE doesn't have any competition, they can afford to cut costs by using the same set, eliminating pyro, etc.

I wonder how much that was costing them back in the day...

Doing it during the Monday Night Wars era made sense because they were in competition with each other to have the coolest product.

Now that WWE doesn't have any competition, they can afford to cut costs by using the same set, eliminating pyro, etc.
I honestly don't think added sets did anything for gaining/losing viewers. That is a minor detail that people that already watched enjoyed/disliked.

Back
Top Bottom