Wrestling Thread April-September 2018 RIP

If you listen to the announcer they state “Bullet Club: Elite” when announcing those guys. I personally like subfactions within groups, but you can completely see the disfunction in most of the groups in New Japan, which is kind of annoying. Suzuki-Gun is the only one who works completely as a unit. LIJ is legit too though because they only keep it at 5.

Side note: I wouldn’t mind seeing Jericho vs. Suzuki. I don’t know if Jericho’s body could take it though.

It’d also be cool to see Gedo, Jado, and Jericho form Team No Respect again. They need to do a one off against Liger, Tiger Mask, and Yuji Nagata.

Maybe throw Okada and Tanahashi in there as an addition to both team respectively.

Interesting results for this day don’t you think?
When is it fair game to talk about results without spoilers?

Elgin/Hangman made sense. Either dude could have won and it would be fine.

Evil/Yoshi made sense because Yoshi sucks. He shouldn't get any points for the whole tourney.

Makabe winning was a bit puzzling, especially since he had already picked up points on D1 against Yoshi.

Fale seems to always do pretty well in these G1s. Okada having 0 points seems pretty wild, but I think he's in for a big finish and will go on a run.

Switchblade is getting a big push and definitely wasn't going to lose to Tanahashi back to back.

No.

It will all work itself out at the end

D4581A43-5628-4B8E-A3A4-87C38FBDE66E.gif

Yea, I acknowledge he evokes hatred from the fans but Jay White is in Miz status for me now. I can't look at dude and take him seriously as a pro wrestler. He looks like a damn fool

I just now caught up to speed with this thread. Glad to stop ER from all the reviews. I just say, much more entertaining reading thread than the actual PPV. I didn’t even bother to watch it on the network. Just went straight here.

Sadly, I won’t be able to watch raw tonight. Well not really sad. I have this thread for entertainment. ihust1e ihust1e keep it up fam.

Yea, I acknowledge he evokes hatred from the fans but Jay White is in Miz status for me now. I can't look at dude and take him seriously as a pro wrestler. He looks like a damn fool

Not that familiar with all the storylines for NJPW lately, but since White had beaten both Okada and Tana lately would that kind of make him a future challenger for Kenny?

One things I miss about American wrestling, hell American sports, is the differentiation in venues. Every venue looks the same. Back in the day, mid-sized venues were identifiable simply by the interior. This is why I love Japanese Wrestling. The venues still are distinct and shows aren't always ran in big corporate venues.

When NJPW does their shows I enjoy seeing the insides of these venues.

Screenshot (65).png
Screenshot (66).png
Screenshot (67).png
Screenshot (69).png
Screenshot (71).png

Not that familiar with all the storylines for NJPW lately, but since White had beaten both Okada and Tana lately would that kind of make him a future challenger for Kenny?
Sure. Eventually. He is getting alot of love from the front office, he will help with Western Expansion. It makes sense to get behind him

One things I miss about American wrestling, hell American sports, is the differentiation in venues. Every venue looks the same. Back in the day, mid-sized venues were identifiable simply by the interior. This is why I love Japanese Wrestling. The venues still are distinct and shows aren't always ran in big corporate venues.

When NJPW does their shows I enjoy seeing the insides of these venues.

Screenshot (65).png
Screenshot (66).png
Screenshot (67).png
Screenshot (69).png
Screenshot (71).png

What's your opinion on the sets that are used for PPVs? Do you like how they used to all be different, or the uniform sets of today?

Back
Top Bottom