Wrestling Thread 5/19-6/1 | WWE Payback PPV - Shield v Evolution | Will Daniel Bryan Forfeit His Tit

doesn't even work on my 360. on the laptop yeah and i picked up a vpn so it might be the vpn (although its off) but the 360 nah don't have none that jazz.

Finally got a day off today and got some time to watch some wrestling. :pimp: :pimp:

NXT Takeover tonight yall. :D

Just watched ROH/NJPW - War of the Worlds and AJ Styles v Okada for the championship to try something different. I've been missing out being solely WWE. The IWGP might be the best looking belt in the industry right now. :x That Young Bucks match. :x :x :pimp: :pimp:

yDTAWk2.jpg
Who is this?
Natalya

I wonder if she had a weird looking belly back then too.

More importantly how do you process going from wrestling in front of packed house of thousands to just a couple hundred? That has to be such a buzzkill. And Buff Daddy packing on them pounds, Judy must have learned some new recipes.
lots of old names do it.

you'd be surprised at who is still wrestling in front of 100 people

Damm punk. Smh.

I'm down for the NXT viewing party tonight. I assume it'll be on the other thread?

More importantly how do you process going from wrestling in front of packed house of thousands to just a couple hundred? That has to be such a buzzkill. And Buff Daddy packing on them pounds, Judy must have learned some new recipes.

MOST wrestlers start out wrestling in front of the same amount of fans they end up wrestling in front of.

There is a DOC on HULU. Stars Kevin Sullivan. I forgot the name of it. Just search "Wrestling" on HULU

-The upcoming WWE Money In The Bank pay-per-view, which takes place on June 29th, is expected to feature only one multi-person ladder match for a shot at the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

While no one has been officially decided upon as the projected winner for this year’s Money In The Bank match, the front-runner is said to be up-and-coming WWE Superstar Cesaro.

Considering the fact that “The King Of Swing” has been earmarked for a big singles push, and is slotted as the number three baby face in the company for later this year, behind only John Cena and Daniel Bryan, it’s considered likely that if he indeed wins the Money In The Bank ladder match, he would go on to become WWE World Heavyweight Champion whenever he eventually cashes in his title-shot.

-While this may have no impact on the WWE World Heavyweight Championship angle WWE is hyping up heading into Payback, new official WWE advertising recently came out that had Daniel Bryan listed as wrestling on the SmackDown television taping on June 24th.

The match on 6/24 for Bryan is listed as a six-man tag-team match, with The Shield and himself against Randy Orton and The Wyatt Family.

Several days after Bryan’s neck surgery, WWE sent out new advertising for their July 12th live event at Madison Square Garden, which is the company’s biggest annual non-televised show, which lists him in the main event against Triple H in a street fight.

Considering the fact that the 6/24 date is only a few weeks away, it would seem likely that if WWE wanted to, they could keep the title on Bryan since he would be back in the ring at a reasonable time.

-As things currently stand, Willie Mack and Kevin Steen are reportedly in the background check phase with WWE, which would indicate that both will be offered a contract.

WWE generally does a background check first, and as long as there aren’t any issues, they are then scheduled for medicals. If the talent passes the medicals, they are then offered a deal.

-There are reportedly plans within WWE to make T.J. Wilson (aka Tyson Kidd) into a masked wrestler. Kidd has already reportedly had the mask designed.

The feeling within the company is that Kidd is very talented, but has been marginalized for so long that they can’t really do much with him beyond the lower card.

-There is at least preliminary discussions within WWE of involving The Four Horsewomen (Ronda Rousey’s MMA “faction”) at the SummerSlam pay-per-view on August 17th in Los Angeles, California.

The feeling is that since it’s in L.A., and considering Rousey’s popularity, it would be a decent publicity stunt for the show.

Rousey has claimed to have interest in doing something at WrestleMania, but the timing didn’t work out for this year. She hasn’t ruled out possibly working at a WrestleMania in the future, such as next year’s, which takes place in California.

-Current plans in WWE call for KENTA, Prince Devitt and Kevin Steen to all report to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida in August.

In the case of all three guys, there would be hangups with Visas, medicals or other issues, but WWE is currently going with this as the running plan.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
-As far as Rey Mysterio’s contractual status with WWE is concerned, his deal reportedly expired last week. From there, Vince McMahon renewed it for one year, despite not having such an option to do so in the contract. WWE contracts are allowed to be frozen in the event of an injury to a Superstar.

WWE went with the mindset that since Mysterio missed so much time during his contract period due to various injuries, that he owed them the time and he was renewed through May of 2015 on that basis.

Back
Top Bottom