Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

[Steve Muehlhausen] "Sources: The animosity between CM Punk/The Young Bucks began around the first All Out in 2019 when they were trying to get Punk to come out of retirement. The Bucks felt slighted and were upset and it’s been slowly bubbling since and ultimately led to what happened early Monday"​

Fb722-IWYAAxkXk

Mr T's old self would sell his MAMA to be in Punks position and age right now.

So GOODT! of Rhea to take the gag outta Dominick's mouth for this pic.

Also if Dom was gonna join Judgement Day why not just have him turn on Ron and Border and cost them the match at Clash at the Castle?
Somebody mentioned a theory that Dom felt like he wasn’t needed throughout the match for Rey/Edge to win, and he may have had an epiphany. I’ll roll with that and keep it moving :lol:

Somebody mentioned a theory that Dom felt like he wasn’t needed throughout the match for Rey/Edge to win, and he may have had an epiphany. I’ll roll with that and keep it moving :lol:

Now that I think about it they were planting seeds of Dom being perturbed at Ron because he seemed to shun Dom in favor of Border.

Then after the match at CATC Ron was celebrating and hugging up on Edge and didn't seem to give two ****s about his son.

So Dominic was "Aight bet." :lol:

Still need that gif of Judgment Day laughing at the turn.

A summary (via Reddit) of what caused the rift and eventual lawsuit between Colt and Punk - and why they sued each other:​

Following Punk leaving WWE in 2014, he made an appearance on then close friend Colt Cabana’s Art of Wrestling podcast in a “tell all” interview.

During which Punk made numerous claims about WWE’s negative and unsafe working environment, issues with wanting sponsors on his gear and being told no - only for Brock to return and be allowed sponsors, verbally attacking Ryback for being an unsafe worker, attacking Triple H for politicking and manipulating backstage, and eventually making a string of damning comments surrounding WWE doctor, Dr Amman and the company missing the fact Punk had a staph infection and giving him “ZPacks” to help as well as a number of other injuries he shouldn’t have worked through. This last point, was what began the legal troubles for them both.

The WWE and Dr Amman opened a Defamation lawsuit against them both. Punk and Colt would eventually win but it came at a tremendous financial cost, and this ultimately led to the breakup of their friendship.

After the podcast aired, the WWE and Dr Amman sent Colt a “demand letter”, demanding the podcasts be taken down or face legal action. Colt tabled the idea to take them down, Punk refused.

Punk said his lawyers would "handle it" in reference to the letter. Colt did nothing.

Colt was sent another letter and Punk told Colt in a text message that “I’ll make sure you’re 100% covered” for the legal fees if WWE sued, and that Colt could use Punks lawyers during the suit.

Colt left the podcast up, and the WWE and Dr Amman filed their lawsuit.

Punk and Colt signed an agreement with Punks lawyers, an agreement importantly stating Punk would be billed. In Colts eyes, this meant only Punk would pay.

When costs began to mount up, in April 2016, Punk sent Colt the following email,

"To date I have spent $513,736 dollars on this Amman lawsuit. My outstanding current bill is at least 300k. Half of all this is yours. Divide the $513,736 by 2 and that is what you owe me and what I expect you to pay me. Starting now I will no longer be paying your bills. You are on your own. Whatever my bill is currently, will be cut in half, and half will be yours. If you choose to make this ugly, that's fine too. I hope you won't, but I gave up on you doing what is right a long time ago."

Colt began looking for a new firm to represent him. Shortly later, Punk’s lawyers sent Colt the following,

"Despite your unwillingness to contribute to your legal fees, I am still prepared to represent you, and Phil is prepared to have me represent you and cover your legal fees going forward, as long as there is no conflict between you and Phil that prevents me from fairly and ethically representing you. “

Hoping there would be no conflict, Colt stayed with the firm.

Then, in March 2017, the firm, according to Colt, dropped him without explanation. Colt believed this was Punks wishes.

It’s believed, that this was caused due to Colt visiting friends at a WWE show, and Punk and team feeling this was a clear conflict of interest. Colt, reportedly refuted this and claimed he only met friends outside of the show for food, and did not attend the event.

Regardless of the reason, Colt sought new counsel with a new firm and his bills began mounting up, reaching around $200,000. Colt demanded Punk pay, in Colts eyes as per their original agreement.

Colt explained his position to his new lawyers, who in turn demands payment from Punk. Punk refused to pay Colts bills, again in Colts eyes, reneging the agreement.

Colt sued Punk for what he felt Punk had verbally, and via text, agreed upon.

Punk countersued for breach of contract, for money he felt Colt was due to pay.

In Punk’s suit, he said he only agreed to pay whilst Colt used Punk’s lawyers, which Colt no longer was.

In some reports, punitive damages were sought of up to $1m.

It’s reported that in total $1.2m was spent by Punk in the suit defending against WWE.

The lawsuits between the two were dismissed, coincidentally, one day before Fox signed an agreement with CM Punk to appear on their show WWE Backstage (to be clear, this is not a WWE contract). Meaning no dirty laundry or nasty legal cases would be going on whilst Punk was employed and back in the public eye on a WWE related broadcast.

Colt, to my knowledge, has never publicly commented on the suits, but the above has been covered in various reputable sources including the Chicago Sun-Times and Forbes.

Punk has occasionally publicly commented on this. On Twitter and now more infamously during the media scrum.

Punk has stated he offered to settle, to talk, to mediate and Colt refused.

Likely, because Colt believed he was not due to pay anything as, in his mind, Punk originally promised he wouldn’t.

On Punk’s side, the costs spiralled, and he stuck by, what was in his view, the original agreement that he would have paid if Colt was with his lawyers. Colt no longer was, as he was dropped by Punks team. (In their claim, due to visiting a wwe show).

With the friendship well and truly done, Punk obviously later joined AEW where Colt was signed. When Colt stopped appearing regularly on tv and reports began circulating that he’d been moved to ROH… the rumours began that Punk was behind this, or at the very least rumours were that Tony moved Colt there to avoid any possible conflict… which Punk vehemently denied during the scrum.

Sean Ross Sapp confirms rumours of Adam Page being stiff, used to knock people out with the Backshot Lariat. Arn Anderson had to talk to him about it.​

Sean Ross Sapp confirms rumours of Adam Page being stiff, used to knock people out with the Backshot Lariat. Arn Anderson had to talk to him about it.​

This has never happened with Triple H leading the way.

JBL is shlowing up soon on WWE tv, he would never do such to a younger talent like the Miz or Champa.

A summary (via Reddit) of what caused the rift and eventual lawsuit between Colt and Punk - and why they sued each other:​

Following Punk leaving WWE in 2014, he made an appearance on then close friend Colt Cabana’s Art of Wrestling podcast in a “tell all” interview.

During which Punk made numerous claims about WWE’s negative and unsafe working environment, issues with wanting sponsors on his gear and being told no - only for Brock to return and be allowed sponsors, verbally attacking Ryback for being an unsafe worker, attacking Triple H for politicking and manipulating backstage, and eventually making a string of damning comments surrounding WWE doctor, Dr Amman and the company missing the fact Punk had a staph infection and giving him “ZPacks” to help as well as a number of other injuries he shouldn’t have worked through. This last point, was what began the legal troubles for them both.

The WWE and Dr Amman opened a Defamation lawsuit against them both. Punk and Colt would eventually win but it came at a tremendous financial cost, and this ultimately led to the breakup of their friendship.

After the podcast aired, the WWE and Dr Amman sent Colt a “demand letter”, demanding the podcasts be taken down or face legal action. Colt tabled the idea to take them down, Punk refused.

Punk said his lawyers would "handle it" in reference to the letter. Colt did nothing.

Colt was sent another letter and Punk told Colt in a text message that “I’ll make sure you’re 100% covered” for the legal fees if WWE sued, and that Colt could use Punks lawyers during the suit.

Punk and Colt signed an agreement with Punks lawyers, an agreement importantly stating Punk would be billed. In Colts eyes, this meant only Punk would pay.

When costs began to mount up, in April 2016, Punk sent Colt the following email,

"To date I have spent $513,736 dollars on this Amman lawsuit. My outstanding current bill is at least 300k. Half of all this is yours. Divide the $513,736 by 2 and that is what you owe me and what I expect you to pay me. Starting now I will no longer be paying your bills. You are on your own. Whatever my bill is currently, will be cut in half, and half will be yours. If you choose to make this ugly, that's fine too. I hope you won't, but I gave up on you doing what is right a long time ago."

Colt began looking for a new firm to represent him. Shortly later, Punk’s lawyers sent Colt the following,

"Despite your unwillingness to contribute to your legal fees, I am still prepared to represent you, and Phil is prepared to have me represent you and cover your legal fees going forward, as long as there is no conflict between you and Phil that prevents me from fairly and ethically representing you. “

Then, in March 2017, the firm, according to Colt, dropped him without explanation. Colt believed this was Punks wishes.

It’s believed, that this was caused due to Colt visiting friends at a WWE show, and Punk and team feeling this was a clear conflict of interest. Colt, reportedly refuted this and claimed he only met friends outside of the show for food, and did not attend the event.

Regardless of the reason, Colt sought new counsel with a new firm and his bills began mounting up, reaching around $200,000. Colt demanded Punk pay, in Colts eyes as per their original agreement.

Colt explained his position to his new lawyers, who in turn demands payment from Punk. Punk refused to pay Colts bills, again in Colts eyes, reneging the agreement.

In Punk’s suit, he said he only agreed to pay whilst Colt used Punk’s lawyers, which Colt no longer was.

It’s reported that in total $1.2m was spent by Punk in the suit defending against WWE.

The lawsuits between the two were dismissed, coincidentally, one day before Fox signed an agreement with CM Punk to appear on their show WWE Backstage (to be clear, this is not a WWE contract). Meaning no dirty laundry or nasty legal cases would be going on whilst Punk was employed and back in the public eye on a WWE related broadcast.

Colt, to my knowledge, has never publicly commented on the suits, but the above has been covered in various reputable sources including the Chicago Sun-Times and Forbes.

Punk has occasionally publicly commented on this. On Twitter and now more infamously during the media scrum.

Likely, because Colt believed he was not due to pay anything as, in his mind, Punk originally promised he wouldn’t.

On Punk’s side, the costs spiralled, and he stuck by, what was in his view, the original agreement that he would have paid if Colt was with his lawyers. Colt no longer was, as he was dropped by Punks team. (In their claim, due to visiting a wwe show).

With the friendship well and truly done, Punk obviously later joined AEW where Colt was signed. When Colt stopped appearing regularly on tv and reports began circulating that he’d been moved to ROH… the rumours began that Punk was behind this, or at the very least rumours were that Tony moved Colt there to avoid any possible conflict… which Punk vehemently denied during the scrum.
How can anyone cheer a man that does something like this to his friend. Shameful.

That adds up from what’s been said over the years. Punk had to be smart enough to know WWE is a billionaire dollar corporation that wanted to drain him financially.

He couldn’t have really believed that case was going to be quick and easy, could he? After he just went through the wrongful termination suit, he must’ve been feeling himself like “I’m 1-0 against them, I can beat them again.”

Dude lost 1.2 million while not bringing in any income. That’s a lie, he was writing on Drax and Thor I believe. Maybe Disney came through on some stuff.

The 2 UFC fights gave him $1 million, so I guess he only lost 200k. Either way, he ain’t shooting on Mox for saying he came back because his money dried up. I’m sure Tony is paying him some Brock money to be there, so no judgement from me. Get paid, old man, get paid.

That adds up from what’s been said over the years. Punk had to be smart enough to know WWE is a billionaire dollar corporation that wanted to drain him financially.

He couldn’t have really believed that case was going to be quick and easy, could he? After he just went through the wrongful termination suit, he must’ve been feeling himself like “I’m 1-0 against them, I can beat them again.”

Dude lost 1.2 million while not bringing in any income. That’s a lie, he was writing on Drax and Thor I believe. Maybe Disney came through on some stuff.

The 2 UFC fights gave him $1 million, so I guess he only lost 200k. Either way, he ain’t shooting on Mox for saying he came back because his money dried up. I’m sure Tony is paying him some Brock money to be there, so no judgement from me. Get paid, old man, get paid.
Did punk get pts and shares of ppv buys for his ufc fights. I know the second fight was a flop and he was not even on the main card. The mma training was not cheap. If I recall he moved out to train full time with one of the best trainers in duke roufus and I am sure they took a cut of his pay.

The fact that punk came back and did that fs wwe show showed after all the **** he has been through with that company :lol:

If this is true CHild Man Punk is a truly pathetic individual who I doubt has any real friends in his life.

Still can’t wait til someone gets to Larry.

Back
Top Bottom