WOW FDA Approves Groundbreaking Radiology App for iPad, iPhone Vol. Thank You Based Jobs

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by TeeOh Owens

roll.gif
at dudes thinking they can scan their bodies with this app
I just tried it. The trick is, you have to be in DIRECT sun light or have a light bulb that will simulate direct sun light to get the images on your iphone.
the android version of this ap came out 6 months ago 
indifferent.gif

and can zoom 2x and has been modified to look through clothing 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Radiology "workstations" are a few high resolution computer monitors and a comfy leather chair.

The field has been making the shift from film to digital for many years now.

many radiologists work from home....and radiology "jobs" are getting outsourced to countries like india
Umm radiology jobs are not being outsource to India at all, and they wont be either because a US board certified radiologist has to put the final read on the images.

On another note now I can really work from anywhere. although definitely not practical

Radiology "workstations" are a few high resolution computer monitors and a comfy leather chair.

many radiologists work from home....and radiology "jobs" are getting outsourced to countries like india
Umm radiology jobs are not being outsource to India at all, and they wont be either because a US board certified radiologist has to put the final read on the images.

On another note now I can really work from anywhere. although definitely not practical

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

hmmm......i've heard this from several physicians but none of them are rads so you prolly know better than they do. I honestly hope not.

hmmm......i've heard this from several physicians but none of them are rads so you prolly know better than they do. I honestly hope not.

Well you may actually be right depending on state laws etc but it definitely isnt widespread. Lots of hospitals use nighthawk of someone living in australia etc but they are mostly US board certitfied radiologists. It wont become widespread because how do you sue someone in india for malpractice. Those groups that are hiring radiologists in india etc are taking the responsibility for the work of the outsourced radiologists.

I really dont know how they can legally do it because you have to be licensed to practice medicine and even if its just preliminary reads its still practicing medicine. These non-US radiologists cannot get a state medical license and cannot be credentialed at the hospitals to provide care to implement this kind of scheme they will need at least one US radiologist to ghost sign the reads. Seems full of liability.

http://web.mit.edu/flevy/www/indian_rad.pdf

Interesting read but check out page 3:
But an examination of all the facts suggests that teleradiology is not garden variety offshoring. About fifteen (15) Indian radiologists currently read U.S. images. This number is unlikely to expand much in the near future. When U.S. images are offshored to other countries, the typical reader is a U.S. radiologist living abroad.

Well you may actually be right depending on state laws etc but it definitely isnt widespread. Lots of hospitals use nighthawk of someone living in australia etc but they are mostly US board certitfied radiologists. It wont become widespread because how do you sue someone in india for malpractice. Those groups that are hiring radiologists in india etc are taking the responsibility for the work of the outsourced radiologists.

I really dont know how they can legally do it because you have to be licensed to practice medicine and even if its just preliminary reads its still practicing medicine. These non-US radiologists cannot get a state medical license and cannot be credentialed at the hospitals to provide care to implement this kind of scheme they will need at least one US radiologist to ghost sign the reads. Seems full of liability.

But an examination of all the facts suggests that teleradiology is not garden variety offshoring. About fifteen (15) Indian radiologists currently read U.S. images. This number is unlikely to expand much in the near future. When U.S. images are offshored to other countries, the typical reader is a U.S. radiologist living abroad.

I'm sorry but what about a normal laptop or even if it is a work station, it may be 2 doors down the hall way? Why are apps needed when you can do this on a laptop?

I dont understand the big ordeal and appeal. I want my doctor viewing results on a 15 inch SCREEN THANK YOU VERY MUCH... I can just imagine a doctor making a diagnosis off of a iphone.

I'm sorry but what about a normal laptop or even if it is a work station, it may be 2 doors down the hall way? Why are apps needed when you can do this on a laptop?

I dont understand the big ordeal and appeal. I want my doctor viewing results on a 15 inch SCREEN THANK YOU VERY MUCH... I can just imagine a doctor making a diagnosis off of a iphone.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Its just an advancement in technology. Tablets are really emerging on the business and medical industry. Why hassle with a bulky laptop with poor battery life when you can have a tablet that can last a good 5+ hours.

Its just an advancement in technology. Tablets are really emerging on the business and medical industry. Why hassle with a bulky laptop with poor battery life when you can have a tablet that can last a good 5+ hours.

We use a monitors quite a bit bigger than 15" around 19~20" and much better resolution than a normal computer monitor. The monitors we use cost about 7K to 20K a piece.

We use a monitors quite a bit bigger than 15" around 19~20" and much better resolution than a normal computer monitor. The monitors we use cost about 7K to 20K a piece.

Yeah I actually got a chance to shadow a doctor at a hospital and they would send out the images to countries half way around the world. However, just like you said, the following morning, those images underwent a final read by the US board certified doctor at the hospital.

Yeah I actually got a chance to shadow a doctor at a hospital and they would send out the images to countries half way around the world. However, just like you said, the following morning, those images underwent a final read by the US board certified doctor at the hospital.

I wanted to be a radiologist......then i only made a 226 on Step 1.....that dream flushed down the drain
laugh.gif

But i wouldnt want that on my hips at all times.....it would have to be on a company ipad/iphone

Dont want females accessing patient scans.....HIPPA violations FTL

I wanted to be a radiologist......then i only made a 226 on Step 1.....that dream flushed down the drain
laugh.gif

But i wouldnt want that on my hips at all times.....it would have to be on a company ipad/iphone

Originally Posted by SlimK4

laugh.gif

226 is still a good score though what are you doing now?

Originally Posted by SlimK4

laugh.gif

226 is still a good score though what are you doing now?

Back
Top Bottom