Would you Tip?

As a delivery driver, I hate people who don't tip. I don't get the $1.50 delivery so I just brought you your food for no reason
mad.gif

I do get a $8/hr too though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MALCALA622

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

i tip anyways

i dont normally get pizza delivered to my house, but i have been the past month because ive been extremely busy, anyways how much do you guys usually tip pizza delivery guys?
say i get an order of 15-25 dollars?
5 bucks always...

Thank you..people like you make my day
pimp.gif

As a delivery driver, I hate people who don't tip. I don't get the $1.50 delivery so I just brought you your food for no reason
mad.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i tip anyways

i dont normally get pizza delivered to my house, but i have been the past month because ive been extremely busy, anyways how much do you guys usually tip pizza delivery guys?
5 bucks always...

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cs02132

mad.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i tip anyways

5 bucks always...

pimp.gif
what spot you work for?

Originally Posted by cs02132

mad.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i tip anyways

5 bucks always...

pimp.gif
what spot you work for?

Originally Posted by Hanacheezy

where i work they charge $1.50. we get $1 for gas each delivery and the other $0.50 goes back to the store. Believe we remember the houses that dont tip and take other deliveries first/or even leave your order at the shop for other drivers to take. The good tippers always get a free soda/extra ranches/extra cheese and peppers, etc.
This is why I always tip.
Can't tell what you can do to make someone snap.
I def ain't gonna not tip someone and think it's all good when they know where you live.

Originally Posted by Hanacheezy

where i work they charge $1.50. we get $1 for gas each delivery and the other $0.50 goes back to the store. Believe we remember the houses that dont tip and take other deliveries first/or even leave your order at the shop for other drivers to take. The good tippers always get a free soda/extra ranches/extra cheese and peppers, etc.
This is why I always tip.
Can't tell what you can do to make someone snap.
I def ain't gonna not tip someone and think it's all good when they know where you live.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by scshift

Just ordered chinese and they charged 6 dollars for delivery AND forgot my freakin fried rice so I paid 20 for 2 spring rolls and when I called em they told me they had closed the kitchen SMH cant believe I tipped em
How much does fried rice and 2 spring rolls usually cost? Don't tell me you paid $14 for that (with the tip)
11 bucks plus the 6 dollar delivery charge and tip 
mad.gif
laugh.gif
the delivery charge is over 50% of the entire meal
and I only got 2 *@!@%%+ spring rolls 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Where'd you get from? That's ridiculous
Gourmet Gourmet 
laugh.gif

Lol damn, 6 bucks?? Maybe cause it was to school. Drive over next time it's Like 10 min from campus.

Just ordered chinese and they charged 6 dollars for delivery AND forgot my freakin fried rice so I paid 20 for 2 spring rolls and when I called em they told me they had closed the kitchen SMH cant believe I tipped em
How much does fried rice and 2 spring rolls usually cost? Don't tell me you paid $14 for that (with the tip)
mad.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Gourmet Gourmet 
laugh.gif

Lol damn, 6 bucks?? Maybe cause it was to school. Drive over next time it's Like 10 min from campus.

Found the yelp page for this Pub http://www.yelp.com/biz/l...=relevance_desc&start=40

http://www.nbcphiladelphi...son--70426052.html?yhp=1
Spoiler [+]
[h6]Updated 5:05 PM EST, Mon, Nov 23, 2009[/h6]
If you’re frustrated by poor service at a restaurant, think twice before you decide to not tip. You may be in for a bit more than just a dirty look from the waiter.�

"Nobody, nobody wants to be forced to pay a tip or be arrested for terrible service," Leslie Pope said when her happy hour ended in handcuffs.

Pope and John Wagner were hauled away by police and charged with theft for not paying the mandatory 18 percent gratuity totaling $16 after eating at the Lehigh Pub in Bethlehem, Pa. with six friends.�

Pope claimed that they had to wait nearly an hour for their order and that she had to get napkins and silverware for the table herself

“At this point I became very annoyed because I had already gone up to the bar myself to have my soda refilled because the waitress never came back,†Pope said.�

After the $73 bill came, the group paid for food, drinks, and tax but refused to pay the tip. After explaining the bad service to the bartender in charge, Pope claimed he took their money and called police. The couple was handcuffed and placed in the back of a police car.�

“I understand that, you know, we didn’t pay the gratuity, but it was a gratuity, it wasn’t something that was required,†said Wagner.

The owner admitted that the group waited unusually long for their food, but said the pub was extremely busy that night. He said managers offered to comp the food, a claim the couple denies ever happened.�

“Obviously we would have liked for the patron and the establishment to have worked this out without getting the police involved,†said Deputy Police Commissioner Stuart Bedics.�

Police charged them with theft since the gratuity was part of the actual bill. However, it is doubtful that the charges will hold up in front of a judge. The couple is scheduled to appear in court next month.
See why the "service" industry is so bad in the US? So they had to wait forever, had to get up themselves and ask the bartender to refill their drinks and even get their own silverware. Meanwhile, the entire time their waitress was outside smoking, yet they're still expected to automatically give a tip? Like the waitress thinks she needs not do $!%#, because people are just supposed to tip her regardless. Same thing has happened in other big cities too like Boston.

!*+% that, you EARN your tip, with the exception of the change that is just inconvenient for me to take back or wait for. I hate coins, so you can have up to the next dollar definitely .

And 2LipsLegit is getting ripped off on that delivery charge. That's the same amount these "Delivery services" charge, by those I mean the ones who have a menu of other restaurants that don't deliver and you can call and they got pick it up and bring it to you for 5 bucks.

That's fine, but if I want a soda or an extra dressing or cheese, I can just order and pay for it. It's like a 50 cent upgrade
laugh.gif
so if I didn't get those things it's not because I can't afford it, but didn't want it. And it's laughable to think I should tip you like 5 or 6 bucks to possibly get something "free" that costs maybe a dollar.

And what small cities do you guys live in where you can remember people's names and addresses anyways? Unless someone orders a lot AND doesn't tip, seems extremely unlikely.

You'd be better off making a searchable access database or excel spreadsheet and keeping track that way, but then again if you can do that, one might ask why are you waiting tables for a living?

Found the yelp page for this Pub http://www.yelp.com/biz/l...=relevance_desc&start=40

http://www.nbcphiladelphi...son--70426052.html?yhp=1
Spoiler [+]
[h6]Updated 5:05 PM EST, Mon, Nov 23, 2009[/h6]
If you’re frustrated by poor service at a restaurant, think twice before you decide to not tip. You may be in for a bit more than just a dirty look from the waiter.�

"Nobody, nobody wants to be forced to pay a tip or be arrested for terrible service," Leslie Pope said when her happy hour ended in handcuffs.

Pope and John Wagner were hauled away by police and charged with theft for not paying the mandatory 18 percent gratuity totaling $16 after eating at the Lehigh Pub in Bethlehem, Pa. with six friends.�

Pope claimed that they had to wait nearly an hour for their order and that she had to get napkins and silverware for the table herself

“At this point I became very annoyed because I had already gone up to the bar myself to have my soda refilled because the waitress never came back,†Pope said.�

After the $73 bill came, the group paid for food, drinks, and tax but refused to pay the tip. After explaining the bad service to the bartender in charge, Pope claimed he took their money and called police. The couple was handcuffed and placed in the back of a police car.�

“I understand that, you know, we didn’t pay the gratuity, but it was a gratuity, it wasn’t something that was required,†said Wagner.

The owner admitted that the group waited unusually long for their food, but said the pub was extremely busy that night. He said managers offered to comp the food, a claim the couple denies ever happened.�

“Obviously we would have liked for the patron and the establishment to have worked this out without getting the police involved,†said Deputy Police Commissioner Stuart Bedics.�

Police charged them with theft since the gratuity was part of the actual bill. However, it is doubtful that the charges will hold up in front of a judge. The couple is scheduled to appear in court next month.
See why the "service" industry is so bad in the US? So they had to wait forever, had to get up themselves and ask the bartender to refill their drinks and even get their own silverware. Meanwhile, the entire time their waitress was outside smoking, yet they're still expected to automatically give a tip? Like the waitress thinks she needs not do $!%#, because people are just supposed to tip her regardless. Same thing has happened in other big cities too like Boston.

!*+% that, you EARN your tip, with the exception of the change that is just inconvenient for me to take back or wait for. I hate coins, so you can have up to the next dollar definitely .

And 2LipsLegit is getting ripped off on that delivery charge. That's the same amount these "Delivery services" charge, by those I mean the ones who have a menu of other restaurants that don't deliver and you can call and they got pick it up and bring it to you for 5 bucks.

That's fine, but if I want a soda or an extra dressing or cheese, I can just order and pay for it. It's like a 50 cent upgrade
laugh.gif
so if I didn't get those things it's not because I can't afford it, but didn't want it. And it's laughable to think I should tip you like 5 or 6 bucks to possibly get something "free" that costs maybe a dollar.

And what small cities do you guys live in where you can remember people's names and addresses anyways? Unless someone orders a lot AND doesn't tip, seems extremely unlikely.

You'd be better off making a searchable access database or excel spreadsheet and keeping track that way, but then again if you can do that, one might ask why are you waiting tables for a living?

mad.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Gourmet Gourmet 
laugh.gif

yeah, i don have a car though so Ima suggest it to someone that does
cs02132 wrote:
Real Deal in Boston

I was hopin you were gonna name some chain we had down here so I could order, not tip and feel good about it 
laugh.gif

^You don't like tipping, we get it dude.

You're article and 2LipsLegit arn't the norm. And if they are where you live.. to hell where you're living because I never wanna go there
laugh.gif

You're article and 2LipsLegit arn't the norm. And if they are where you live.. to hell where you're living because I never wanna go there
laugh.gif

mad.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Gourmet Gourmet 
laugh.gif

yeah, i don have a car though so Ima suggest it to someone that does
cs02132 wrote:
Real Deal in Boston

I was hopin you were gonna name some chain we had down here so I could order, not tip and feel good about it 
laugh.gif

I generally tip because it's just one small way to help someone earn some extra money when they deserve it. I've only encountered one unsatisfactory service before and even then I tipped, granted it was only a dollar because in the end, they're trying to put food on the table too.

I generally tip because it's just one small way to help someone earn some extra money when they deserve it. I've only encountered one unsatisfactory service before and even then I tipped, granted it was only a dollar because in the end, they're trying to put food on the table too.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

laugh.gif
Not really. Condescension and hyperbole aside, I have just always been looking for a compelling argument in favor of it and furthermore how it even came to exist. Who decided what "service" jobs deserve them? The whole with tips minimum wage makes them deserve them thought process makes sense in theory, but still there's tons of other professions who make fair wage, in fact many make good money (bellhops, bus drivers, cab drivers, baggage checkers/ porters, tour guides, concierges, valet, barbers depending on the situation), who still you are expected to tip or get the stinkface and shun from society, not to mention they feel like they are now justified in negatively impacting you in someway relative to whatever they do. And the list seems to be ever expanding. Like, I found out people tip their mailman and buy him Christmas presents.

My dad is one of those dudes who just always tips extravagantly, even when service sucks and they ***@ up his order so he sends the steak back and tells them not to replace it but obviously still has to pay for it and is now going to be still hungry afterwards and many people, even in this thread, have admitted they still tip if service is bad. That's not how rewards and extrinsic motivation work.

Why, how, and when did it get this way? Isn't it illegal in some countries and considered an insult in some others to tip?

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

laugh.gif
Not really. Condescension and hyperbole aside, I have just always been looking for a compelling argument in favor of it and furthermore how it even came to exist. Who decided what "service" jobs deserve them? The whole with tips minimum wage makes them deserve them thought process makes sense in theory, but still there's tons of other professions who make fair wage, in fact many make good money (bellhops, bus drivers, cab drivers, baggage checkers/ porters, tour guides, concierges, valet, barbers depending on the situation), who still you are expected to tip or get the stinkface and shun from society, not to mention they feel like they are now justified in negatively impacting you in someway relative to whatever they do. And the list seems to be ever expanding. Like, I found out people tip their mailman and buy him Christmas presents.

My dad is one of those dudes who just always tips extravagantly, even when service sucks and they ***@ up his order so he sends the steak back and tells them not to replace it but obviously still has to pay for it and is now going to be still hungry afterwards and many people, even in this thread, have admitted they still tip if service is bad. That's not how rewards and extrinsic motivation work.

Why, how, and when did it get this way? Isn't it illegal in some countries and considered an insult in some others to tip?

the most i tipped was 5$ when i couldnt find my money and used my card (i was looking all over the place even my car lulz) but the girl was nice and polite while waiting....

i always tip at least 2$, prob more if i know they have delivered the pizza right

Back
Top Bottom